• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 35645
PP11's toon render options and shaders aren't that bad. But I think I still will prefer to do it in post.

At the very least, the toon options offer a chance for a good outline if you are doing your own coloring and inking. Who's this Wonder Woman. I think she's Miki though I know you're partial to Allison. I finally got a Superman, I like. When I get the Lanterns down pat, I'll post a page. I want the Green Lantern look from the movie but combined with Kyle Rayner's version of the uniform. What's hard is finding a Lois Lane. While my crush was always Noelle Niell and early Teri Hatcher (before she lost the weight), There are so many version of Lois Lane in media and comics that I'm not sure how she should look.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
This wonder woman is Pauline 2 European. Miki is too short to be Diana...

As far as Lois Lane, if I was going to do her, I would probably go with Dawn and one of Tempestra's morphs, a couple of them are on here that will work nice. The Noelle Niell hair would be another matter...

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Have you considered sharing some of these with the community? Or...if you do and I missed them, that's great.
I used to love the wacky designs in wacky races and the Pidgeon cartoons with the planes.

Not really thought about it... it would be Carrara only so no good for Poser or DS users anyways.. plus I don't think they are good enough to share out, I only spend a few hours on modeling them for my own practice. But you never know, something I will think about when I've hopefully completed them all.. ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know Stezza . . . you may not be the only Carrara user here. Something else to think about.

Hornet3d

Wise
I totally understand where you are coming from. I grew up watching sports with Pop and delighting in my big brother delivering on his promise to hit a home run every game and if I was good, he'd hit one for me too. Big brothers are just the best!

That said, a question must be asked. You made the scene or was it a background? One look around here will tell you that BOTH are easily acceptable. I'll even post one from my comic in case someone thinks they aren't. If it's a background, I get where you're coming from. If you put everything in the scene than I MUST ask.

Where did you get that Neon American Football Helmet sign? If it's a prop I must have it! I just must!

Sorry to disappoint but the the sign is not a prop but provided as a background with the Skydock scene, the promos for the product over at Daz3d shows it just as I have used it. As it was there and I had no problem with the background I left it in or put another way I was feeling lazy.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Sorry to disappoint but the the sign is not a prop but provided as a background with the Skydock scene, the promos for the product over at Daz3d shows it just as I have used it. As it was there and I had no problem with the background I left it in or put another way I was feeling lazy.

Oh well, one obsession easily dealt with. No doubt Stonemason borrowed it from some royalty free clip art and used it. Oh well. Yet another to put on my make by myself list!

quietrob

Extraordinary
Because it was in my runtime.

View attachment 35643

Scene - Skydock by Stonemason

Bike - SkyBike2 by Stonemason

Outfit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs and Volpe Box
@seachnasaigh In the above picture (See attachment) on your right above the letters CS is an American Football helmet neon sign. I can see now it's more than likely part of a background that Stoney used before Hornet used. I thought that something like that would be fun to decorate a party room or a boys room or a man cave. That's what I wish.

Although I noticed it was strange. There is zero american football helmets or even uniforms that aren't for sale! Poser has covered every sport. Even Soccer, as we call it here in the states, though not as popular in the US as it is in Europe and the UK can be easily reproduced. In fact, most sports including curling can be reproduced but not the most watched sporting event in the USA. Football!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Quietrob, go to sharecg and put in football, you might have to check all the pages but I think you'll be surprised :)

quietrob

Extraordinary
I did just that @Rae134

It came up with a few Football items. A ton of textures for a uniform that is no longer available from Poser World. Textures for the M2 Football uniform which is no longer available. Textures for the K4 football uniform which I have! It must've came in one of those 99 cent bundles back in the day when a stop and check it out everyday for Poser users.

Oh and I found a football helmet for DS. It's not for Poser but it says that it's an OBJ. This could be interesting with @seachnasaigh shaders for Superfly.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
it was the DS Obj one I was thinking of :D (and if you have the K4 football uniform, doesn't that come with a helmet?)

quietrob

Extraordinary
It would be a poor football outfit without one though the one pictured isn't very tough. I think I had a tougher looking helmet back when I played Pee-Wee Football. Still, the point is made. There are NO Free football uniforms. However, there is a free football helmet. I will have to import it and texture it myself but it's there. However, what I wished was that neon sign and was merely lamenting the lack of something that was indeed there. I do admit to this. I will on occasion, serve whine before it's time.

No, that's not a spelling mistake. :D

quietrob

Extraordinary
This wonder woman is Pauline 2 European. Miki is too short to be Diana...

As far as Lois Lane, if I was going to do her, I would probably go with Dawn and one of Tempestra's morphs, a couple of them are on here that will work nice. The Noelle Niell hair would be another matter...
It would take more work to make Lois look like a golden age Lois than a modern version of Miss Lane. Today's Lois is smart, fearless, doesn't wait for her husband to save her and like Wonder Woman, is an absolute knockout. I've been a Vicky, Mike and Aiko type of person with some 3DUniverse characters thrown to form a good mix of races. However, I just looked at the various morph offerings for Dawn and I have to say I'm impressed. Some are just the knockouts I'm looking for. The current version in my comic of Mrs. Kent was a genesis 2 character with all of the problems for being a Poser user thrown in. If things weren't tight due to medical considerations, I certainly wouldn't mind starting a new wardrobe for Dawn, getting the Sora Morph and consider the part cast. I think I read somewhere here that one can't say she doesn't have support. I think that's true. Nothing like V4 but certainly more than Roxie, Terai Yuki and Miki combined. I think all three of those figures are great figures too.

Hornet3d

Wise
Arriving a little earlier than the time she agreed to meet Turlough, Caoimhe decides to explore the grounds while pondering how the day might unfold.

Coffee House HW.jpg

Scene - Park Avenue set V by Whitemagus

Lighting - EZdome with an Sibl added.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It would take more work to make Lois look like a golden age Lois than a modern version of Miss Lane. Today's Lois is smart, fearless, doesn't wait for her husband to save her and like Wonder Woman, is an absolute knockout. I've been a Vicky, Mike and Aiko type of person with some 3DUniverse characters thrown to form a good mix of races. However, I just looked at the various morph offerings for Dawn and I have to say I'm impressed. Some are just the knockouts I'm looking for. The current version in my comic of Mrs. Kent was a genesis 2 character with all of the problems for being a Poser user thrown in. If things weren't tight due to medical considerations, I certainly wouldn't mind starting a new wardrobe for Dawn, getting the Sora Morph and consider the part cast. I think I read somewhere here that one can't say she doesn't have support. I think that's true. Nothing like V4 but certainly more than Roxie, Terai Yuki and Miki combined. I think all three of those figures are great figures too.
Miki is awesome, but I think the way they draw the new Lois, she should be taller. More than likely your Superman/Clark Kent is one of heroic stature, and Lois would come up to his chin or higher. Dawn would be the perfect match. If I can square away my finances in the next couple of weeks like I plan, I will return the favor you did for me on more than one occasion.