• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
So then I had another try.

It had been a long while since Caoimhe had been on a night out, although being stuck on board ship the term night out was probably not that accurate. She hoped it would end differently to last time, a ship wide alert and a race to the fighters. Still it was a night off and she made full use of the chance to dress in something other than a uniform.

Night Out HW.jpg

Scene - SS Marcoor Lifts from Ravnheart.

Outfit Superhero for Dawn and Fashion Vol. 1 - Casual, Fantasy & SciFi by Ken1171 Designs - Volpe Box.

Hornet3d

Wise
Impressive! Seems like something out of the Physical Surface root node, which is good to simplify exactly these kind of materials. :)

I purchased a set of Handspan textures on the strength of Glitterati's render, they were marked for Poser 6+ I believe but they render so well in superfly. I am not sure if it is the same set Glitterati has but there are a massive number of selections and I have not had one yet that does not look great in superfly straight from the box.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have a set as well, so may be the same ones you and Tracy have. I'm currently rendering in SuperFly trying out a couple of the textures, and so far, they're looking good.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have some metal shaders for Poser 5 and they look decent considering they are for FF, but when I look at the materials, the shaders are huuuuge. When it comes to metals and glass, it now takes a single node to do the same in SF, and that's a time saver. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I purchased a set of Handspan textures on the strength of Glitterati's render, they were marked for Poser 6+ I believe but they render so well in superfly. I am not sure if it is the same set Glitterati has but there are a massive number of selections and I have not had one yet that does not look great in superfly straight from the box.
You know, I've been trying to figure out where I got my set, because I can't locate a ReadMe file that would've gone with them. I know I purchased a product from Handspan Studios back when Faerie Dreams store was still open, but it wasn't materials, and that store and the Faerie Wylde forum have been closed for some time now.

Hornet3d

Wise

Miss B

CV-BEE
YES!!! I just checked, and that's the set I have as well, and now I know why I couldn't find a ReadMe file for it, it's in the DAZ folder in my P9 Runtime > ReadMe folder.

Thanks for clearing up that mystery Tracy. :)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yep, that's the set I purchased and was lucky to get them at fifty percent off but I think I would have purchased them at full price as it is not a lot for 165 shaders, particularly as they work so well.

They do work really well and are uncomplicated and don't fill the material room screen with nodes from heck, making them hard to alter. I see no reason to use Superfly specific materials when we have access to MRs like this that work so well. I used the sequin material from this MR on my Red Carpet gown, unchanged for Superfly - the gold one.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
cool image and love the bubbly water. I bought a set from Renderosity that looked promising but when I loaded it and tried it out it sucked. I was so disappointed at having fallen for yet another badly made product. Would love to know what bathtub set (mostly interested in the body bubbles you used) and where it comes from? Though I can usually tell from the feet and face renders I cant't tell from the profile image if that is Dawn or another female figure. Very nice!

glennf

Eager
Hi Carmen
This is Dawn with some dial spun morphs. The soap bubbles are Rons Suds brushes sold at Daz that I applied to the skin with a geoshell.Also the water has the same shell but on a simple plane and a Dformer.
Hope this helps.
P.S. Forgot to add this was setup and rendered in Daz.