• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And talking about PE, here's an update on the sandals. The default mats are white, but you can change it to anything you like while preserving the textures. You can also customize the buttons and seam colors. :)

SandalsButton.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Any of the figures, including V4, bend better than I do, and better than I ever have, even when I was young and taking dance. Which is why I always have been so puzzled about that particular criticism of her (or any other figure). It always seemed rather unrealistic to expect a normal sized figure to move like a circus contortionist. Every contortionist I've ever seen (live or on film) tend to be very thin to the point of emaciation, which is part of how they tie themselves up in knots. I have yet to see any human figure come default with a contortionist's build. (Granted, I haven't seen all the figures out there, but still, among th0se that I have.)
Just to clarify the bending, it's not that I am looking for contortionist like bends. I was referring more to the awful creases and bulges that occur at the knees and elbows with a "normal" bend. Weight mapping took some of it away, but not all of it. Dawn bends really nice. Pauline and Pauline 2 bend really nice. Miki 4 has issues with her elbows, as do a plethora of other figures. It was one of those things that everyone tried to fix with V4. We didn't want her to be able to plant a kiss on her own butt, we only wanted her to look normal when she scratched her nose...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Yes.
Yes.
No. Maybe in the future.
No. Sasha is one more approach to weightmap V4. Different author.
People that read your reply to my questions might have no idea just how clear you made things. Thanks for the straight answers and some clarity. It seems we are suddenly faced with a plethora of new figures to test and see who survives.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I downloaded SHASHA-16, but haven't played with her yet. Then there's Ali/Mankahoo's Bella which I downloaded and actually installed. I should try playing with her as well, though she's still in Beta format.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
She is free. You can get her. But there are several steps you have to take, including renaming her and saving her in the library again. I just haven't put in the time. Pauline 2 got my attention, then the Justice League render, now Miki 4 and Alyson and some armor I made for them years ago... you see where I am going with this? :D

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I was referring more to the awful creases and bulges that occur at the knees and elbows with a "normal" bend.

Ah. Well, I usually have characters with long sleeves and long pants/skirts on, which means I probably did not notice this much. Also, most of my other figures are even earlier than V4, which means I wouldn't have noticed the issue because of that, either.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I haven't done much work today at all. Early this morning I had to break up a dog fight and my hand got bitten in the process. The bone in my hand at the ring finger is broken and quite painful. Not to mention my hand is a very pretty shade of blue.

But I did run another test for Andy this morning. Render here:
View attachment 34414
I guess you will never be breaking up a dog fight like that. Better to have used ice water I think! ;)
Nice image BTW

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Definitely the wise approach.

Even dynamic clothing presents a problem on Project E, however. Those body handles (there are 60+ body handles) interfere with a cloth sim unless you specifically exclude them from the sim. And, since the handles are not named uniquely, I don't know how the casual user will know what is a body handle and what is a body actor.

Hiding the handles is not sufficient for a sim - they must be excluded or the sim hangs on those handles. A long sleeved dress, for instance hangs up on the ulna handle causing the forearm of the sleeve to stand straight up.

Honestly, I find that Project E is unnecessarily complicated and very difficult to use - too much so for the everyday Poser user.

With my old brain damage that use of PE complexities will exclude my using her from the get go. I have been communicating with Ero for several years long before he got the idea of PE. But if she is going to be so difficult to use I may have to step around trying to just to keep my stress levels down. :(

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I guess you will never be breaking up a dog fight like that. Better to have used ice water I think! ;)
Nice image BTW

LOL, no, if I see a dog in trouble, I'm going to step in. I hate to see animals hurt by another animal or a human.

The demo of Project E is free. I would suggest you download it and come to your own conclusions, rather than rely on my personal feelings alone. You may think otherwise.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Rowan, you can find it at CGBytes.com, and it's full name is Project Evolution Early Edition. The free version is the "Demo" version. It doesn't have everything the full version has, but it's enough to give folks an idea of what PE is all about.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
LOL, no, if I see a dog in trouble, I'm going to step in. I hate to see animals hurt by another animal or a human.

The demo of Project E is free. I would suggest you download it and come to your own conclusions, rather than rely on my personal feelings alone. You may think otherwise.
Hi
I know Eros and I used or tried to use his lali Bits before its release and I can say it was nice but WAAAAY too complex for me to gnash through. I have been using Karina's and another free setup no longer available together for those personal Gurrrrl bits and have been quite satisfied for my needs. Despite creating almost exclusively Erotic Fantasy art, I am not needing total realistic parts in explicit action in my work but just something that looks somewhat realistic in a side glance. ;))

Lali's Bits are more for those who want more explicit functions in their renders. Your opinion or observations as well as some of those I have read here and elsewhere seem to say the same thing. COMPLEX. My brain just does not wrap around anything too complex any more so I drift quickly away from trying new stuff if it just is described in same sentence with that word. I know I should try it but...........

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

Yeah I do too hate seeing that buuuuut..........NO WAY I am sticking my hands in that! LOL