• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Szark

Awesome
I like what you guys did with the HW Horse and now Big Cats, I like the muscle tone of both animals which IMHO other well known Horse and Big Cats 1 and 2 lack. But what would really make me part with my money is more vascular displacement either sculpted in and a morph made for adjusting or via displacement maps so can I request that when the texture makers get to work can they add that level of detail please. On page 16 of this thread Chris posted a pic of the rear end of a lion.
Perhaps so, but this will work fine I feel. It's stylized a skoosh from something like this as a reference.

View attachment 2625
shows the full effect of what I am referring. Veins man, got to have veins.

I wish the HW Horse textures had this level of detail too. Yes there as some sign of it but when you look at many horses the veins are much more pronounced and more wide spread.

Szark

Awesome
wow its looking great well done so far for some reason im not getting alerts on my watched threads
Go to your account, click on your name at the top right of this page and under "Preferences" (NOT Alert Preferences) look under the Options Section and pretty self explanatory from there. Mine we all unchecked. :)

thnksh hun i think i sorted it i unwatched and thn watched it again and altered the option of email and notifitactions seems to be working for now also wow i didnt know u could change the background colour im liking the blackn green

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Exactly what I was thinking of Rae! (aside from my own vampire cat).... Thanks Chris!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I REALLY need to add, that the one thing most of the 3D world has wanted SO SO MUCH, is a KITTEN!!!

I tried to morph one, Diao tried too (with a teensy bit more success than I)... but when a kitten has : larger head, almost no neck, shorter tail, and body.. well it's been just too difficult to get out of the current models- even that outstanding Mil Cat model... so PLEASE could you put KITTEN on your list, Chris?? I'm sure it'd be a huge money maker!! (can't help it, I have a commercial minded ....um... MIND! lol!)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
http://www.cat-breeds-encyclopedia.com/images/Singapura-kitten.jpg

https://soulhealeranimals.files.wor...ittens-cats-slpeeping-forming-heart-shape.jpg

https://9f0ad624deb3a20a4bbf-54a935...a9291-e757-4ed2-a4cd-6b265af0b1d9_profile.jpg

it's kind of an elusive difference... body more slender, bit shorter... legs/paws more slender... it's probably the lack of neck length, large head, large ears, large eyes, and skimpy tail ... just makes for the heart tugging "adorable" look, I think. Opinions?

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wow if you look at the body markings...they remind me of the giraffes markings!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I REALLY need to add, that the one thing most of the 3D world has wanted SO SO MUCH, is a KITTEN!!!

I tried to morph one, Diao tried too (with a teensy bit more success than I)... but when a kitten has : larger head, almost no neck, shorter tail, and body.. well it's been just too difficult to get out of the current models- even that outstanding Mil Cat model... so PLEASE could you put KITTEN on your list, Chris?? I'm sure it'd be a huge money maker!! (can't help it, I have a commercial minded ....um... MIND! lol!)

Kitty! Yes! Certainly!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay, showing snarl and growl type morphs here that I did today. These take some significant effort! Have not made any tongue morphs yet to match these shapes.

Leopard75.JPG

Leopard76.JPG

Leopard77.JPG

Leopard78.JPG

Leopard79.JPG

Leopard80.JPG