• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I have to admit that I can't see it very well from the angles given, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the reason cats have such long whiskers is that they use them to judge spaces that they are going into, i.e., if the whiskers fit, so will the cat. I don't know if it's the same for the big cats as for the house cats, but I figured I would add in my two cents (for what they're worth...).

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Quite true for house cats. In fact they dislike being fed from dishes which their whiskers bump into before they reach the food.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Kitty rocks already. Gonna be total awesomeness when Paul & Laurie add amazing rigging and amazing textures to your amazing modeling.

In other words, it WON'T suck!! :p

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Although, it sure doesn't stop Tsuki from sticking her head in my glass to get to milk (which is lactose free so it's not going to upset her digestive system). But then ... nothing will stop Greedy Guts from going after what I'm eating or drinking.

Since she's fascinated by bird videos, I've started playing them when I'm eating. Keeps her occupied and I'm no longer fighting off a kitten who is determined to climb all over me to get to my plate or bowl!

Quite true for house cats. In fact they dislike being fed from dishes which their whiskers bump into before they reach the food.

That would be one amazing tongue!

Ditto to what Alisa said too.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh wow, Chris, now SUPER DUPER TOTALY FREAKED OUT EXCITED ABOUT THIS CAT .... EVEN MORE! :bounce:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's so funny. I know that Satira has been using "kitten" or "kitty" and I like it. I suppose when we do a dog it will be "puppy"? What would we call our HiveWire House Cat then? Kitty Jr."? Or "MiniKitty"?

If folks would like to do a poll, that would be fine too.

I just like Kitty. Thanks to Satira.

house cat could be "Little Kitty" or what I call mine, "Pretty Kitty" (when she's being good that is) :p

Since I'm guessing the domestic cat will be morphed from this one, we could call it Kitty instead tho, as when I look at this magnificence I think male. And as its modeled off of a Leopard I vote Leo (how original ;)) hehehe

I can't wait to get my grubby little hand on this, it's going to be great Chris! :inlove:

(and when you do start doing a dog, it might be puppy while you're working on it but I bet it will have an better name when it starts to look like a proper dog :D)

I was thinking the house cat should be Kitty Cat...

Hairy McLary beats Spot hands down in terms of interest....kids love Lynley Dodd books.

This most definitely does not suck! This Kitty is going to be awesome! Love the latest images.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Cool! Thanks.

More work from today so far. Been combing over the legs and feet/paws.

Leopard57.JPG
Leopard58.JPG

Leopard59.JPG

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have to admit that I am definitely a fan of Alessandro's wildlife and animal modeling.

That said though - wow! - I am loving those paws, Chris! And the underlying muscle structure is looking great! This kitty will be a great addition when it's done! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks ladies.

Here's the male genitals morph, for those that want it, it will be off by default.

Leopard60.JPG
Leopard61.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Perhaps so, but this will work fine I feel. It's stylized a skoosh from something like this as a reference.

Gen5small.jpg