• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep, Chris likes Kitty. Someone had mentioned that at one point :)

eta - Welcome back, Carrie!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know I've been calling the big cat kitty. So ... I'm all for making it official :wink:

Chris, he's looking spectacular. Always amazes me because I think that's the best model ever ... and then you make it even better!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
That's so funny. I know that Satira has been using "kitten" or "kitty" and I like it. I suppose when we do a dog it will be "puppy"? What would we call our HiveWire House Cat then? Kitty Jr."? Or "MiniKitty"?

If folks would like to do a poll, that would be fine too.

I just like Kitty. Thanks to Satira.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So here's today's modeling efforts. Not sure if you can see the changes, enhancements and improvements but I sure can. Still just a bit more on the back foot but another hour will do it. Then I'll add in the real tail that will be straight out, and model in the genitals, then inner mouth.

Oooh so very close now!!

I'm so confident that with Laurie's map work, and Paul's rigging that this will be the best cat model on the market!

Leopard51.JPG
Leopard52.JPG

Leopard53.JPG

Leopard54.JPG

Leopard55.JPG

Leopard56.JPG

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's so funny. I know that Satira has been using "kitten" or "kitty" and I like it. I suppose when we do a dog it will be "puppy"? What would we call our HiveWire House Cat then? Kitty Jr."? Or "MiniKitty"?

If folks would like to do a poll, that would be fine too.

I just like Kitty. Thanks to Satira.

house cat could be "Little Kitty" or what I call mine, "Pretty Kitty" (when she's being good that is) :p

Since I'm guessing the domestic cat will be morphed from this one, we could call it Kitty instead tho, as when I look at this magnificence I think male. And as its modeled off of a Leopard I vote Leo (how original ;)) hehehe

I can't wait to get my grubby little hand on this, it's going to be great Chris! :inlove:

(and when you do start doing a dog, it might be puppy while you're working on it but I bet it will have an better name when it starts to look like a proper dog :D)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As for the puppy. Can there be any question? Spot of course!

See Spot Run. (I so hated those books! They were so dang boring!)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous Cat!! You have really done an excellent job on him Chris!! I adore the whiskers!!

Felix the cat!

Big Felix and Little Felix

Whiskers?

Ermm............ Mufasa.......ooooh say it again ........Mufasa!! and Simba?

You could just do a community poll I suppose.

Spot is good!! Although, I'm a Scooby Doo Fan!! So, Scooby and Scrappy.

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Um... I'm a "cat person" too... and something about the front inner claw of the foot is bothering me... it SEEMS too large.... I looked up some pics:

http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/Science/data/images/MmBib/VetAnatImg/xlarge/0051x.jpg

and

https://animalartresource.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/0075x.jpg

this one shows the CLAW quite large, but the "meat" of that toe is not as large if that makes any sense?

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/ygk3nz0w2zopek2eecwk.jpg

the toe flows more 'in line' with the foot... ? (though some male lions have um.. wider foot structures)

http://www.sundestinations.co.za/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/lying-on-a-branch.jpg

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/...80611869a9a692e5fc6/lionessap906538062085.jpg

and the whole foot DOES "spread out" when in attack mode:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/11/article-2157536-138D78AF000005DC-166_964x579.jpg

of course it's different on all cats, and I know you need plenty of mesh for morphs... especially for a delicate house cat's paw...

SO, I hope you can forgive my 'thing' about cat feet that's been bothering me since the DAZ cats.... and ignore my post if I'm sticking my nose where it does not belong... and you KNOW I'm in line to buy any and all "Chris cats".... !!!!!!!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, the "thumbs". I noticed that, but then the feet were modeled with the toes spread. That may have something to do with it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for the input folks. I'll look thru the links you've provided Lyne and see what I can do or need to do.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've looked thru your links Lyne. I'm actually using that same animal anatomy book, and paying close attention to detailed shaping.

Your second link would NOT apply as it is actually the dogs foot and not the big cat.

I do love that spooky image of the leopard attacking. Holy cow, that is a frightening image!!

Keep the input coming.

I will take another look at the size of that "thumb" digit. Not a problem. Think too that these will be pressed together a bit, as what I have here is for rigging position.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ah... got it... Thanks, Chris... I get very insecure when offering my reactions/ideas. Must have missed the statement on how toes were apart for rigging... :)