• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

Nod

Adventurous
Just out of curiosity, do you guys think I should start a news page? The site is Poser-centric, but should I also include news about DAZ and the whole Poserverse? I ask because to truth be told, I'm not even sure DAZ considers itself to be part of the Poser community any longer.

I'd go with Poser only. Daz are always blowing their own trumpet anyway. I've had to block them as spam, as even though I cancelled the email subscription, they still send me almost daily messages about stuff which I can no longer use, as it's all rigged to DS.

eclark1894

Visionary
Note to All Hivewire Poser Vendors...

It's been brought to my attention that I may have missed or miscategorized some of you, and I'd like to correct that. If you make content for use in Poser, please contact me if you don't think you were listed properly or at all in the directory and I will correct it as soon as possible. Please be a little patient because I'm having a problem with disappearing capital letters all of a sudden and some web pages aren't showing up like they're supposed to. I'm on it though. Thanks.

eclark1894

Visionary
One more thing... I'm rethinking my definition of Poser "native" content for the new year, which means I will likely be adding a few new content makers and sites to the directory. This is significant because it means that while the site will remain Poser centric in name and nature, some of the content listed may also be usable to users of other software like Carrara, Vue and Studio.

eclark1894

Visionary
All of the above aside though I would remind you that the site has other, far more serious issues, especially with security. I have already posted my own concern on finding that I was sharing my account with someone living in Holland. I have since found out that I am able to download this person's purchases (which I hasten to add I haven’t remotely considered) and vice versa.

Despite numerous attempts to contact the site owner via PM and email, I regret that no reply has been forthcoming. I have now reluctantly placed this matter with my solicitors in the event of any further issues arising, and I understand that they are contacting the other person sharing my account (his full name and address together with mine are shown as part of the order process).

Meanwhile, I would urge you all to use extreme caution when dealing with this site!
Just for the record, did you ever reach an amicable agreement about your account with FoRender?

eclark1894

Visionary
If I put a search function on the website, and you typed in the vendor's name, what should you get back? Maybe a page with every category the vendor's name is listed?

D

Deleted member 325

If I put a search function on the website, and you typed in the vendor's name, what should you get back? Maybe a page with every category the vendor's name is listed?
I'd say that and maybe a list of where the vendor is know to sell under? Possibly, though this would require more maintenance, a list of alternate aliases (for example Aeon Soul, Alpha Seed, etc...).

eclark1894

Visionary
I'd say that and maybe a list of where the vendor is know to sell under? Possibly, though this would require more maintenance, a list of alternate aliases (for example Aeon Soul, Alpha Seed, etc...).
The names of the vendors in the directory already link to the stores where they sell content for the category they're listed in. So if a search function returned CWRW's name the link would take you to the store where she sells that particular item.

eclark1894

Visionary
So I was on the SM Forum and Biscuits gave me a great idea for an addition to the directory. I'll be adding a new category called Poser Forums. Basically, I will just be listing links to any website with an active Poser forum. So if you have any forum you'd like to have added to the directory, please add the link below and I'll list it as soon as I can.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, isn't that a good idea I hadn't thought of either. Way to go Biscuits. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
Ohhh, isn't that a good idea I hadn't thought of either. Way to go Biscuits. :)
A lot of sites have closed and taken their forums with them over the years, such as Animotions, RDNA, etc. Daz still has one, but it doesn't get much use from what I can see. Hivewire 's Poser forum seems to be mostly about tutorials, and nothing wrong with that. And I believe that Poserworld's forum has been shut down. At least I didn't find a link to it. Renderosity's got about six Poser forums. and there are a few others here and there, including at least one chat group.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I haven't been in there lately, but when I go it's just folks getting together and chatting. Some post links to renders they've done lately, or for members like Biscuits and Wim, products they've been working on. It's hardly ever very crowded and they're a pretty friendly group.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Didn't the place that gave out Halloween and Christmas freebies have one? Fantasy something?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Fantasies Realm is the one I believe you're thinking of, and they may have had a chatroom, but I don't spend that much time on their site to know if they still do or not.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true. I hadn't thought of that, but if they want to be sure of who's attending, then yes, invitation only would be the way to go.

eclark1894

Visionary
Started working on the Poser Forums index page today. A few less than there used to be, but honestly a few more than I thought there were.

eclark1894

Visionary
Trying something different on the directory. About to add a figure specific content category for Dusk and Dawn. It is still very much under construction.

new.png