• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

quietrob

Extraordinary
It's not so much that they scam customers out of money, it's more a case of them passing other folk's work off as their own. So the customers will get what they paid for, it's just that the actual creators don't. And as others have said, some of the stuff is ripped from games. They sell Mass Effect, and Star Wars weapons and characters, for example. Those would both need an official licence.

The celebrity clones are the only things which appear to be originals, as there's a monthly poll on who should be next.
That is what I meant. The warning says High Risk Country than they give it a trust rating of 85 percent. 100 percent is rare as there will be people out to scam them and than just give a bad rating to complete their trashing of an honorable website.

As for their selling unlicensed items, I've seen other copycats. Instead of a light sabre, they call it a light sword or a laser sabre. I think you can create a Mecha, without paying the Gundam creators who should then pay the Voltron creators.

"And I'll form the head!"
keep-calm-and-ill-form-the-head-1.png

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
It's not so much that they scam customers out of money, it's more a case of them passing other folk's work off as their own. So the customers will get what they paid for, it's just that the actual creators don't. And as others have said, some of the stuff is ripped from games. They sell Mass Effect, and Star Wars weapons and characters, for example. Those would both need an official licence.

The celebrity clones are the only things which appear to be originals, as there's a monthly poll on who should be next.

Hopefully, without turning a molehill into a mountain, I should point out that, unlike all the other products at FoRender, the ExtraClones range are funded by crowdsourcing.

For example, the latest figure shown, Karen Gillian, see here for details: Karen Gillian for V4/G3

I should also point out that a number of the ExtraClones subjects are also already available elsewhere, usually cheaper and usually to a higher quality from other vendors. For example, compare FoRenders Hellen Ripley with Renderosity’s Adriene by MRL (Mihrelle who also has a good number of celebrity lookalikes) both of which depict Sigourney Weaver.

While I have no problem with crowdsourcing, it does strike me as strange that anyone should want to pay more for an already existing, and usually better quality product. While the ExtraClones do have a partial exclusivity, they do eventually find their way into the store (after approximately three months!)

However, if you are interested in celeb lookalikes I suggest you give this site a try: http://www.beammeup.net/blog/3d-celebrities/poser-celebrities-27.php

A site which I’ve found of great use!

All of the above aside though I would remind you that the site has other, far more serious issues, especially with security. I have already posted my own concern on finding that I was sharing my account with someone living in Holland. I have since found out that I am able to download this person's purchases (which I hasten to add I haven’t remotely considered) and vice versa.

Despite numerous attempts to contact the site owner via PM and email, I regret that no reply has been forthcoming. I have now reluctantly placed this matter with my solicitors in the event of any further issues arising, and I understand that they are contacting the other person sharing my account (his full name and address together with mine are shown as part of the order process).

Meanwhile, I would urge you all to use extreme caution when dealing with this site!

eclark1894

Visionary
I think my next Blog, which was supposed to be about Project E, but I have to wait for Erogenesis to get back to me, so in case he doesn't, my next blog will be on the topic of Animation in the Poserverse, or the dearth of animation in the Poserverse. I just found out that PoseAmation was still in business. They have a lot of anime sets for Poser and Studio, but only using V4 or Genesis whatever number. A lot of them seem to be for Genesis 2 and 3. I was rather surprised to NOT see any for Dusk, Dawn or Diva. In fact, I've seen more animation sets for the Hivewire animals than the Hivewire people and this is really annoying the heck out of me. I know that Poseamation is a vendor over at DAZ, so I don't know if that means that Hivewire can't approach them about making animation files for Dusk and Dawn, but I sure hope they do. I really want to try animation again in Poser and I'd like to use Dawn and Dusk if I can. It'd be cool to have some horseriding animation sets of Dawn or Dusk riding Harry.

eclark1894

Visionary
More news from the directory front. I'm going to be adding a new category, although I haven't quite figure out what that will be called just yet. What's more, this category won't be exclusively Poser either. I'll be listing modeling programs, paint programs and UV mapping programs in this new section. Anything that will help you start off to creating 3D content, preferably for Poser, but as I said, not exclusively.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, two things. First, I've decided to call the new category CONTENT CREATION, And second,
I've just post this months new Blog on the site marking the directory's one month anniversary of being on line.

I'm also going to be searching the web for tutorials for Poser, free or for sale.

eclark1894

Visionary
So, while watching one of the Smith Micro tutorials on lighting, I found out that Poser actually will render in HDR. You have to toggle it on in the render settings. I didn't know what that meant until Steve Cooper and Stefan Werner show what this app can do to a rendered image from Poser. So right then and there I started looking for software other than Photoshop , and this is the program they used in the tutorial. When I looked it up on line I found out that this is free. So, thought I'd provide the link for you to download it now and try it out, or you can wait until I finish the new Content Creation Category on my directory and find the link there. I'm okay with it either way. :)

Photomatix free photomanipulation software download:
https://photomatix-pro.en.softonic.com/

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, so I've been told that I posted the wrong link for the Photomatix download. There's nothing wrong with the link above, but this one is directly from the developer and is the current version of the software. Also, be aware that the trial period never ends, but it will add a watermark to your final image.

Download HDR Photography software Photomatix

eclark1894

Visionary
Look at me, I'm Santy Claus!

Honestly, I've never heard of Photoscape before, but it is the freebie for the day. It is Freeware Photomanipulation software, like GIMP so this is not a trial period, and as far as I know, you don't have to sign up or anything to download it. Enjoy.

PhotoScape

eclark1894

Visionary
Another Photoeditor is the Freebie for the day. There is a Mac and Windows version of the software.

Photopad is available commercially and for free as long as you don't use it for commercial use. Here are the program features:

Crop, rotate, resize and flip pictures Touch up photos to remove red-eye and blemishes Adjust the color balance, exposure, levels, brightness, contrast and more Apply photo effects, including oil paint, cartoon, vignette, sepia and preset filters to easily enhance your photos Improve photo quality and focus with blur, sharpening and noise reduction tools Create collages and photo mosaics with your photographs Convert your photo to cross stitch patterns, paint by numbers or add an oil painting effect Quickly edit and enhance photos for your website or social media Photo stitching to make your own panorama images Merge multiple exposures to create stunning HDR photographs Load jpg, gif, png and other popular image formats Add text and captions to photos to post online, add to photo books or to create a new viral meme Insert clipart such as flowers, hearts, mustaches and more from the included clipart library Add frames and borders around your photographs Change the aspect ratio of an image without distorting key features using the liquid resize effect Easily undo, re-order and edit existing effects on the layers list using non-destructive editing Upload edited pictures directly to Facebook or Flickr

Photopad

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, technically, I've finished the new Content Creation Category for the directory this morning, BUT, I'm not posting it just yet. I'm going to see if I can find a few more items to add.

Meanwhile, the new sections in the Category are for 3D Modeling Software, like Blender, Max, Hexagon and Silo.

There's also a section on UV Mapping software, and finally, there's a section on Photomanipulation/ editing software like photoshop, GIMP, etc. Also a lot of the freebie's I've been posting have and will come from this category. Almost all of these programs are either Freeware, or have Trial versions you can use to evaluate the software.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Some suggestions: Affinity photo, Picturenaut, basically all active from hdrlabs/tools list.