• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hehe Nordic goes well with that background, Phdubrov! I have a lot of fun playing with PE's facial rig handles. Some of the best facial rig I have seen so far! Better than all the Genesis that ship with face handles. Quite surprising coming from a single developer. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Thank you everyone!

Yes! PE is innovative but isn’t that what 3D is all about? It’s that innovation which steers progress and advances our chosen media. She isn’t for the load, pose and render set as much as the artists amongst us who want more (and that’s what we are, isn’t it?), including the ability to take our work further with a figure which enables us to do just that!

Now, I freely admit that I tend towards the load, pose and render set myself, at least as far as stepping away from the purely visual side of 3D is concerned. I have neither the time nor patience to start learning new techniques just to create the clothing, textures, materials etc. I need to create the images I want. There are other people out there who can do that far better than me and that’s why I find that ‘wait and see mode’ disturbing. There is a prime example of that right here at Hivewire in the form of Dawn (and Dusk to an even greater degree!). Dawn is way beyond V4 in many ways but how does she stand in the market place? Simply by looking at the output for V4 (since Dawns introduction) compared to Dawn will give you the obvious answer to that which is not anywhere near as highly as she should be by now. Dawn is head and shoulders above V4 so why is she so far behind? I suspect that the answer to that is because too many vendors are in ‘wait and see mode’. Yes! I know there are vendors creating for Dawn (albeit very few at the present time) but not as many as there should be. However, that attitude could also be interpreted as fear of stepping outside of your comfort zone, which can only lead ultimately to failure because it tends to stifle innovation and that should be the last thing anyone with a love of 3D wants!

Equally disturbing to me is the attitude that PE having genitals makes her somehow not worthy of attention:

‘Knowing ero, she probably has all the right stuff for making the sort of comics he does. He has even admitted that the whole things started because he wanted things the other figures couldn't give him.’

Why, oh why, do I get the impression that that comment should have ‘snigger, snigger’ after it in brackets!

Yes! She does have all the ‘right stuff’ (in common with the worlds female population) but not for the reasons suggested. In fact,, rather than extend an overlong reply even further, I would suggest you go along and read why Ero created PE which are certainly not for the reasons you seem to assume. The good news is that all the documentation comes free along with the PE Demo version, which includes all her rigging so you can try before you buy (or not which is your choice). At the end of the day, that’s just a matter of common sense. To do otherwise can only result in the sort of uninformed, dishonest and spurious comments which have caused such ill-feeling on other forums about Dawn versus V4.

Looks are a matter of personal preference of course. For myself I like the girl-next-door look she has in her basic form as well as her fuller figure which, to me, makes her much more realistic, though bear in mind she does come complete with thirteen other characters covering ethnicity and fantasy which makes ringing the changes simple.

All of which is a matter of personal choice. I spent a few days playing with her Demo before I bought her for no other reason that I was so impressed with her and I’ve been buying precious little these days because of the sparsity of products for Poser. There are some areas which I find bothersome. For example: turning collision off on her multitude of handles when using dynamic clothing. (Don’t try to do it by hiding the handles because Poser takes that as also hiding the relevant body parts, unless you like to watch you’re carefully set up clothing slide floor wards!). On the other hand, that’s part of the price you pay for innovation isn’t it? Progress has a learning curve and learning goes with our chosen pastime, doesn’t it?

Edited to add:
Hair intended for V4 fits pretty well in most cases with only very minor adjustments for x and z scale plus equally minor adjustments for y and z trans. Fabianas KiriTi on the other hand fits perfectly which I'm delighted with because it's also my go-to hair style. The only tip is to double-click rather than drag and conform which simplifies any adjustments. Poses intended for V4 also work well!

Well, I think for me that Dawn has not sold me to use her (though I have her and got a few things for her), is because I have so much more stuff for V4. Special body adjust morphs important for creating the kind of work I like creating and textures and props and not to mention the learning curve and not to mention updating more store purchases for her to make the experience and results on the Par with V4.

Personally I have not seen too many images of Dawn I like her looks in…that is just me and not a bash on the creators. Though I can’t help wondering if she isn’t a by product of the load and pose and render mentality of so many Poser users.

I SPIN DIALS and love it and love the results I get when I do it….do all the load and pose and render people feel the same way?

I had a discussion when I first started using V4 and I started REAL late working with her though I did own her and a lot of stuff for her preferring to continue working with V2…GO FIGURE!.
It was with Poser/V4 newbie who could not figure out what morphs I bought or added to make her look shorter and stockier more realistic proportionally. I asked him to show a target example and proceeded to try and emulate her look using just the V4++ dials which he claimed he had. He was flummoxed until I sent him a list of the settings of the morph dials I used. He thanked me and never heard from him again. Do people have an avversity to spinning those dials to see what they do?
Seemed like it to me…with him anyway.

I think even if I liked DAWN render samples enough to load her and work with her, I probably wouldn’t…same as I didn’t work much with Antonia (even after investing in her) Ang1 and Ang2 and and the Poser 5 girl Judy (even after buying the morphs to make her look better than she did out of the box)…and now PE and the new weight mapped custom morphed for erotic delivery Sasha16 which is a lovely weight mapped looking figure created and distributed FREE by the creator or Karinas V@&!na and based on V4.

Apparently though she uses all of V4 textures and to some degree from what I have read most of her 3rd party morphs, seems too darn overwhelming for me to try it.

Though from reading what i have about PE and having worked with his first product Lali’s Bits and seeing how complex that was to use (I did NOT use it though I got it free from Ero) I probably won’t get PE. Seems he has done the same thing with PE…migrated from “long time standards” methodology for poser figures and to get it up to his standards has made it too complex to use even for addicted dial spinners like me. :((

Well I don’t purchase or use stuff for getting my teeth sunk into the progress learning bar. I really don’t like progress much across the board mostly due to its forced obsolescence and having to relearn everything which I personally truly have a difficult time with. Thus another reason (besides those already stated) for not jumping on new figures…or anything new for that matter. :(

There is also the thing of combining other figures with Mil4 figures and for some reason they look like they were created by the hand of a different GOD! In a way they were but I don’t want it to look so jarringly obvious I’m my renders. Say for example Antonia and V4 side by side, or V4 with Judy or even V4 with V2! I have tried it numerous times and always been so disappointed I deleted the other figures and replaced them with a version of V4 spun to look the same. CAN NEVER GET THE OTHER FIGURE TO LOOK LIKE ANY V4 FIGURE I AM WORKING WITH! Frustrating as hell but that is it!

Before PE he worked on a figure for his comics called Lali which was created off V4. He created a lot of new morphs for her and new textures and wanted , because of demand for her by his fan base, to distribute her to users. DAZ gave him a hard time with that idea so he decided to use V4 as a take off “Norm” and create his own DAZ free girl! Years later she has finally evolved. I hope for his sake she makes it he certainly has put a lot of energy and work in the making.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I like V4, a lot. Dawn's fine as well. (I have both Dawn and Dusk and I do use them.) I also use M4, K4, the Mil3 characters, and random other figures (usually free, or old and discounted -- price is an issue with me, a major issue.)
I have been creating a long time story (not online at the moment) with characters continuing through it and it's many hundreds of pages long. I started about the time that V4 was the new! shiny! latest! ultimate! and since I could do both male and female with her, continued. I could use other figures for minor characters in the story, but I'm not going to pay out money for something I'd use only a little bit. Not when I need the money for basic necessities for myself.
Not any disrespect to any particular vendor, but just the facts. Some of us can't afford to buy another figure and start over collecting all the same little outfits all over again. This is part of why there isn't support, especially when there are so many good-looking new figures. For example, I wish-listed Scarlett, but never had the extra funds, so never bought her or any of the add-ons.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
These images were done with Dawn?
Nice. I have to rethink my negative notions of her. These are the first few images rendered with her i have liked since her releaee!
Thank for changing my addled mind-lessness! :)

The first image is Dawn, yes. Dawn SE with one of the face morphs that comes with her. Dawn in that image is the base SE with Karissa hair and a bathing suit and flip flops I made for her. The only morphs I used came in the base DawnSE package - the face and narrow shoulders.

Hornet3d

Wise
I sat down not knowing what to create and stood up some time later not knowing what I had created, so - A Poser doodle.

Starlight Taxil HW.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
These images were done with Dawn?
Nice. I have to rethink my negative notions of her. These are the first few images rendered with her i have liked since her releaee!
Thank for changing my addled mind-lessness! :)

I have also been posting a wiiiiiiiiide variety of character styles with Dawn since 2013 when first came out. Not many people have pushed Dawn to the limits as hard as I did, sometimes getting results so different that most people won't even tell what figure I used. Just a few days ago I have posted a render making her look like Nearme with just body scaling.

I am also a V4 fan, but she can't be pushed as far I would wish, for her joints break and she becomes unposeable. I have a HUGE V4 library, which often serves as a source for refitting stuff for Dawn. Like you, I don't have deep pockets, so I reuse a lot. Nothing is lost - things are just transformed. I started looking for another figure exactly because V4 was not good enough for the kind of extreme body type flexibility and character variety I do in my gallery. Not good enough for me, and Dawn took her place because she can take all that and still poses well.

So even though I still have a zillion more contents for V4, that was still not enough for me. She can't handle the kind of flexibility I require, but Dawn can. :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I have gotten pretty good at telling the base figure in a render. I did not notice it was Dawn from the face but the feet gave her way.
V2, V3, V4, D/S G-whatever figures, Antonia, and several others have certain tells in their feet builds. I have a SERIOUS FOOT fetish o it comes natural for me to go there first when looking at a figure. The DAZ lines always had nicely shaped feet. Of course getting a barrage of add-on foot and toe morphs has been an ongoing obsession. When I was using V2 some nice user created No More Grotey V2 Feet morphs for V2. Loved what they did to her feet and used them from then on on all my V2 renders. I have the same sort of thing for V4 and danced the jig when Meipei released her prettier feet morphs . Dawn seems to have the same shape feet/toes as Antonia and Ang1 & Ang2. Judy had the same shaped feet/toes as V2 with Barbarian Morph applied. Genesis feet look almost like the feet builds of Aiko 3...V3 I never used at all so not sure about her. The feet I HATE the most and think are the absolute ugliest are......SHEITZ!....of course I forgot her name.....Miko or Minka or something like that.....go figure.....released by Content Paradise I believe along with another Anime figure heavily used by Asian market that was pretty cute which I also never wanted to get because she looked to Anime for my needs (whose feet also looked like A3).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Now me ... I couldn't tell you what base figure was used in most renders. Sometimes, I can't tell (or remember) whether it's Dawn or V4 in my renders after August 2013 and into 2014.

I suspect those of you who can identify the base figures used probably know which one I used here. I don't think I strayed all that far from the base.
Lizzie in Stripes.jpg

Steampunk Lizzie.jpg

But, does Mayra scream who she is?
Mayra.jpg

Or Silvestra?
Silvestra.jpg

Or ... /cough ... this little darling?
Brielo.jpg

Beastette? Although, she should be easily identifiable too, I had to check the file to be sure.
Beastette.jpg

Or the Flapper?
Once Upon a Flapper.jpg

To be honest. I had to check the files on all of these (except Brielo). Like I said, unless it's out of the box, I rather suck at identifying the base figure.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have a SERIOUS FOOT fetish o it comes natural for me to go there first when looking at a figure.

Now that you've mentioned it, I have created like a ton of Dawn feet morphs for a private commission job earlier last year, for a customer with feet fetish. He suggested I sold them here, but I thought it was an isolated case, and nobody would buy that. Now I wonder how popular feet fetish actually is?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think a foot fetish is necessary. I'd love to have more foot morphs, as well as hand and ear morphs.

I love how absolutely different and unique ears look and how some curl back toward the head, while others curl away.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well Ken, I DON'T have a foot fetish, but I do think that nearly all the realistic renders I've seen, if the feet are bare or nearly so that is were I can tell that its 3D not a real person as I think most 3D feet suck

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Two renders Doneski in Carrara .. postwork was lighting up the drill tank a bit then resizing the renders from 2500px to 800px then adding the lined paper, captions and then flattening the layers in PSE2018

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't think a foot fetish is necessary. I'd love to have more foot morphs, as well as hand and ear morphs.
I love how absolutely different and unique ears look and how some curl back toward the head, while others curl away.

Well Ken, I DON'T have a foot fetish, but I do think that nearly all the realistic renders I've seen, if the feet are bare or nearly so that is were I can tell that its 3D not a real person as I think most 3D feet suck

I have created a LOT of custom foot morphs for many of the Genesis figures, and also for Dawn. If enough people are interested, I could sell them here. They allow controlling things such as length of the toenails, bunions on foot and toes, ball and arch slopes, fixing ball of the foot when in tiptoe pose, big toe angle and length, fixing the toes base shape and slope for tiptoe pose, ankle size/width/angle, and so on. Those were commissioned for a customer with feet fetish, so he was very specific about the features. He gave me permission to resell the morphs, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Now me ... I couldn't tell you what base figure was used in most renders. Sometimes, I can't tell (or remember) whether it's Dawn or V4 in my renders after August 2013 and into 2014.

I suspect those of you who can identify the base figures used probably know which one I used here. I don't think I strayed all that far from the base.
View attachment 34229
View attachment 34230

But, does Mayra scream who she is?
View attachment 34231

Or Silvestra?
View attachment 34232

Or ... /cough ... this little darling?
View attachment 34233

Beastette? Although, she should be easily identifiable too, I had to check the file to be sure.
View attachment 34235

Or the Flapper?
View attachment 34236

To be honest. I had to check the files on all of these (except Brielo). Like I said, unless it's out of the box, I rather suck at identifying the base figure.

Stunning images there Satira though I must admit Beastette looks a bit scary! Probably me being at a delicate age. Beautiful use of tones and ambience. :applause::applause::applause: