• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Very charming work. I'm going to have to make a green horse to go with that!
Not enough green? Is that it?
OK, I can take a hint.
The curtains maybe, they could be a 'Red/Blue' plaid, or a new floral design.
Another texture set with perhaps 'Wine' color where the green patterns are.
That's easy enough.
What colors would you like?

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I don t know how comfortable these are- but they look 'proud' for sure. And your fancy work deserves some fancy tack!
46da6b31480b4a6525ed80f9ac960c10.jpg 0f592347c37ebd5c8549917e31b091e5.jpg

Appreciate the info, thanks for that, but that 'harness' looks cruel, and no traces.
I want to make the Draft Horse poses look proud, if that's possible.
If the Horse Collar and traces look comfortable the Horse will look more uh.. maybe 'regal'.
So they should be modeled for Harry's 'Draft Horse'.
I'll look into that.[/QUOTE]

oktoberfest-horses.jpg

OK, got the Draft Horse for Harry, and a Red Dunskin texture too, for variety.
Clydesdales are OK, very authentic.
I almost got arrested on Busch's ranch once. Just made a wrong turn 'cause I was trying to go up the West side of the river.
Didn't want to go into Illinois. They were just being careful I think.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I was lucky enough to see the Busch Clyds out running free in a field- ( they were being boarded near me for an event the next day) they were magnificent!

@Desertsilver Yeah, those are surely Regal. Whoppin' big collars, but that is proper driving tack.
See, the horse pulls with his neck. That might seem strange but the neck is very powerful.
The Sternum is a weak point and if he pulls against that his air is restricted, and the shoulders are chafing.
Just the right kind of traces too, cause the hitch points on my Carravan are down on the axle tree.
That way the front axle follows the horses, and turns the vehicle.
Got to be a geek you know!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Learn something new every day!

My cousins grew up with horses. We just had dogs. Minniehooch when I was a wee one, and Dandy when I was a teen. (Mind you ... I'm guessing on the spelling of Minniehooch). We had a dog in between the two, but I can't remember his name. He loved to chase cars unfortunately, and did so one time too many.

Yeah, those are surely Regal. Whoppin' big collars, but that is proper driving tack.
See, the horse pulls with his neck. That might seem strange but the neck is very powerful.
The Sternum is a weak point and if he pulls against that his air is restricted, and the shoulders are chafing.
Just the right kind of traces too, cause the hitch points on my Carravan are down on the axle tree.
That way the front axle follows the horses, and turns the vehicle.
Got to be a geek you know!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Now that is a coloration for the Spiderman suit that I really like!! The subtle colors make the web design look quite elegant there. I'm betting it would look pretty cool with a copper metal shader for the white
I will take that under advice. I would have to color the webbing in GIMP, though. It's not a separate mat zone, it's part of the texture map...

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Not enough green? Is that it?
OK, I can take a hint.
The curtains maybe, they could be a 'Red/Blue' plaid, or a new floral design.
Another texture set with perhaps 'Wine' color where the green patterns are.
That's easy enough.
What colors would you like?

I like the green !- was just immediately wanting to put it in the Emerald City from the Wizard of Oz

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 32917
I got the templates for Sydney, so I decided to redo the costume. I still have to put the webbing on there, but I am happier with this new map. At least I can show her from the back...
View attachment 32918
This gives a new meaning when a lady asks "Are my seams straight?"

Okay, perhaps from a bygone era. Still, all of her seams look perfect. The mesh look is modern. I'm not certain how it would look after you tuned it but it's the kind of suit that everyone asks, "Where did you get that?"

Poser only but that's a plus as far as I'm concerned. It will make people break out Allyson all over again. A good figure that is undersupported (as most figures are not named Vicky or Dawn). Considering where you are on the web. Would a Dawn version be far away?

This is really nice work, rokket!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
This gives a new meaning when a lady asks "Are my seams straight?"

Okay, perhaps from a bygone era. Still, all of her seams look perfect. The mesh look is modern. I'm not certain how it would look after you tuned it but it's the kind of suit that everyone asks, "Where did you get that?"

Poser only but that's a plus as far as I'm concerned. It will make people break out Allyson all over again. A good figure that is undersupported (as most figures are not named Vicky or Dawn). Considering where you are on the web. Would a Dawn version be far away?

This is really nice work, rokket!
Actually, this is Sydney G2, and she has a lot of issues with her mesh, the UV mapping aside. I still think she is cute, and doesn't look like any other Poser figure. She looks good out of the box. Can't say that about Alyson. The suit is a 2nd skin texture, so I don't know if I can distribute it. I'll have to check on that. I've never distributed a texture before. I am going to remodel the boots and see about making a mask. I liked the full face mask I made, but I wanted to emulate the Spiderman costume and start the web on the top of the head. I can't do a second skin mask, since her ears are there and the eyes can't be covered. Maybe I can do like I did for the original Jessi and just do a Green Lantern style mask with displacement...

Hornet3d

Wise
Fabiana's Jewelry (I think) look fabulous on her. Excellent composition. Good execution.

I keep forgetting to put in the content I use. I do have a lot of Fabiana's Jewelry and other products but not in this case although I have played with the base quite a lot so probably hard to trace the origins.

Jewelry - Wiccan Jewels I from P3D-Art, for V4 so adapted and materials changed
The Dress is from the Pachi for Dawn outfit by NightPhoenix with a texture from Lully applied.
The top is the tunic from Scifi Scavenger for Dawn by Glitterati with a texture from Wicked Nets Materials by lilflame - NemesisT
Almost all the rest is from the Christmas and Holiday collection from Moonbeam1212

Rokket

Dances with Bees
spider2.jpg

I think she's done. Time to move on to the next big thing, whatever that might be...

I created the mask as a second skin also. I had to figure out how to use displacement and a bump map on the mask and not affect the face. I figured it out.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And now for something completely different, this is my 3D Ukiyoe vision of the notorious Miyajima floating gate from the Itsukushima Shinto shrine, at the city of Hatsukaichi in the Hiroshima Prefecture, as it was back in 1875 (Tokugawa period). The gate existed since 1168, but the "yotsuashi" (four-legged style) version only came seven centuries later to help adding stability since it is standing on mud and is partially submerged on water during high tides and typhoons.

The Miyajima Torii is made of camphor wood and stands 16 meters high. At low tides peoplec can access it by foot straight from the Miyajima island. It is common practice for visitors to place coins in the gate's legs cracks and make a wish. Collecting shellfish near the gate is also popular at low tide, and at night, the gate is illuminated by powerful lights from the shore.

Note: Ukiyoe are series of stylized woodcuts and paintings produced between the 17th and 20th centuries in Japan, featuring motifs of landscapes, historic tales, and pleasure quarters. It is the main artistic genre of woodblock printing in Japan, which achieved great popularity during the 2nd half of the 17th century in the metropolitan culture of Edo (now Tokyo).

Inspired by the Ukiyoe art of Hokusai and Hiroshige. Scene was composed in Poser, rendered in Vue, with postwork in Paintshop Pro.

Miyajima Torii Ukiyoe.jpg