• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I'm having trouble with a cowl as well. I used one made for the Scarlet Witch. I can't get the transparency map to certain parts transparent. It's back to Blender class for me. We're building basic things by only using primitives. I can't wait to get to the sculpting brushes.
Are you in a classroom or taking the course online? The building with primitives sounds familiar. CG Cookie does that...

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'm taking it online at Edemy. A ton of courses on Blender for 10 bucks. It's not quite as frightening as it appears after you learn the interface. I still jumped ahead and tried the scuplting tools and totally got lost.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm taking my Blender course at Udemy too, and yes I got it last year when it was on sale for $10. The one I'm taking is Learning 3D Modelling - The Complete Blender Creator, and the instructor is good. I'm also signed up for about 4 or 5 more classes, and am trying to finish 2 of the classes for Maya, as my educational license for the software runs out in April, and I want to get them both done before then.

What I like about Udemy's courses are you buy them, and you own Lifetime Access to all of them. That's pretty good considering they aren't expensive when they're running sales.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Are you in a classroom or taking the course online? The building with primitives sounds familiar. CG Cookie does that...
I believe the class I'm taking only does that in the beginning. I think, IIRC, it was an airplane, and some of the folks taking the class came up with the cutest toy airplanes.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Yes! Thank you, Miss B. It's Udemy not Edemy. The instructor is good. The video and most importantly, the SOUND is good. One of the problems with the Youtube videos is that sometimes you can't understand what's being said. These are in a playlist but you can jump around, retake some courses (like I did for the interface) and also, you can access them on your smartphone as well. Pretty good for 10 bucks american!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
On Top of Spaghetti
Rendered in Carrara

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Back in the day before DAZ bought Carrara from Eovia, I was already impressed by how fast the rendering was. But it somehow seems to have stagnated under DAZ for some reason. It's like there hasn't been much investment on it ever since.

Hornet3d

Wise
Back in the day before DAZ bought Carrara from Eovia, I was already impressed by how fast the rendering was. But it somehow seems to have stagnated under DAZ for some reason. It's like there hasn't been much investment on it ever since.

I agree, the stagnation of such a good program is really sad, irrespective of who owns it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's how they are with all apps they own, but didn't create themselves. I'm still waiting for a good update to Bryce, but I have a feeling I'll never see it in this lifetime. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes! Thank you, Miss B. It's Udemy not Edemy. The instructor is good. The video and most importantly, the SOUND is good. One of the problems with the Youtube videos is that sometimes you can't understand what's being said. These are in a playlist but you can jump around, retake some courses (like I did for the interface) and also, you can access them on your smartphone as well. Pretty good for 10 bucks american!
Are you taking the same class I am? Have you been active on the forum they have set up for the classes they teach?

Oh and yes, the sound is very good on these videos. I hate videos where I have to turn my sound all the way up, and then still use a headset so I can hear what's being said.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I see what you mean, just a quick search brings up enough tutorials to keep me going for years so I am trying a few, then playing with the program, really is fun.
I do love PD Howler, My basic YouTube tutorials are at Immortal Moments Arts. I'm getting geared up to do a webinar with Digital Art Live, for Howler. So, if people are interested in a specific type of area to cover, just let me know, and I'll see if I can work it in.

And if folks have questions, I'm always happy to answer!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I do love PD Howler, My basic YouTube tutorials are at Immortal Moments Arts. I'm getting geared up to do a webinar with Digital Art Live, for Howler. So, if people are interested in a specific type of area to cover, just let me know, and I'll see if I can work it in.

And if folks have questions, I'm always happy to answer!

Howler can do SO MANY THINGS that I wouldn't know where to start. I think so far I have only used 2% of what it can do....

quietrob

Extraordinary
Are you taking the same class I am? Have you been active on the forum they have set up for the classes they teach?

Oh and yes, the sound is very good on these videos. I hate videos where I have to turn my sound all the way up, and then still use a headset so I can hear what's being said.
I believe I am taking the same classes. ALL of the blender instructional videos for $10. I'm a caretaker so my time can get limited real fast thus I'm behind. But it's nice knowing I can comeback to them, DOWNLOAD Them for offline viewing and also view the lessons on my phone during the downtimes of caretaking. I can watch the entire video, wait till I get home and do the course again after running through it once. I do know I better keep up. So far I'm on the last version of Blender. The same as being used in the video. I like that we are using the same version though sometimes I don't see what he sees and struggle to find the same setup.

No, I haven't been active in the forums. I haven't run into any problems save using the NUMPAD to center my screen on the object. As far as anything else, it's difficult to ask for answers when I don't know the proper questions. Still, I suppose it's past time for my pride regarding my lack of Blender knowledge. Are they kind people like here on the Hive?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I haven't seen/read anything I thought was improper. In most cases, they're showing off what they've accomplished as they attack each project, and some ask questions because something didn't turn out quite the way they expected, but it's a pretty tame, though busy, forum.

The only thing that bothers me a little is it covers several classes, and several of them are for gaming, which I'm not interested in, though some of the projects these folks come up with are good. I think it's only for classes taught by 3 of the Udemy instructors, so it's not THAT busy a forum, though there can be quite a few posts in the Blender thread.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thank you, Miss B. I'll get back at tonight then. I have several projects in mind and it would be nice not to bother a vendor or a kind person and ask they if they'd make something. We all have our own idea on what we want to create and any creation takes time. The one thing we can't get back. Shoot. Both Earl and Rokket use blender. It would be nice engage them in a conversation and be able to use that knowledge. A couple of years ago, I bought (on sale) a Hexagon course. It was okay. For anyone reading this, These Udemy courses I do recommend. Don't be put off by the 3 star reviews.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yeah! Just picked up Learn 3D Modelling from Udemy for £12 on the last day of sale......So

Will Morecambe have a white Christmas?

Will Daphne find true love at last?

Will Mytho finally get his head around Blender without his usual recourse of screaming and chewing holes in the carpet?

Watch this space. Now. Bring on the fluffy bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!