• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B! I haven't modeled anything in that scene - it was kit-bashed together 7 years ago. The men in the boat are default Poser figures, and their hats are cone primitives! LOL I couldn't get decent water back in 2010, so I have used Vue to generate the terrain, the water, and atmospheric clouds and sky (all procedural). The vegetation up front was painted with Howler's particle brushes. The lighting was the most challenging part. I have tried to match the mood from one of Hiroshige's famous Ukiyoe woodblock paintings from the 17th century.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks! I might go ahead and package it before the tack is done.
But it's supposed to be for HiveWire Horses and it won't go without them.
Is there already some kind of tack for draft horses?
Should check probably but it's fun making stuff.
Glad you found the Draft :) and yes, Harry can always to with some new tack! I like the Gypsy tack but to me it looks more like a small driving cart harness than a heavy load one.

I personally would love one like these Carlton Draught horses (Aussie equivalent to the Budweiser horses) which have been around since 1864 (the Buds since 1933 I think).

And how neat is this one :wub: (and of course if someone could do Harry a braided mane that would be wonderful too! :p)

I like that second one. Good horse collar tack and he's only pulling a bicycle.
Been working on it and had to do some more research because in all the pics I found, just didn't see how it all hitches together.
But I found some illustrations that are going to help a lot.
Also discovered that the tack needs to be modeled for the base horse, not the morphed (Draft) horse, because when it is set up to conform, which is best done in the fitting room, the morphs can be transferred too.
So if the tack was already draft size it goes out of bounds.
Anyway, the fitting room works great! Even though the geometry is nothing like the horses' the tack morphs and moves with him quite well.
Only he can't graze, but that makes sense.
Thanks for the pics. That stuff helps.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I keep forgetting to put in the content I use. I do have a lot of Fabiana's Jewelry and other products but not in this case although I have played with the base quite a lot so probably hard to trace the origins.

Jewelry - Wiccan Jewels I from P3D-Art, for V4 so adapted and materials changed
The Dress is from the Pachi for Dawn outfit by NightPhoenix with a texture from Lully applied.
The top is the tunic from Scifi Scavenger for Dawn by Glitterati with a texture from Wicked Nets Materials by lilflame - NemesisT
Almost all the rest is from the Christmas and Holiday collection from Moonbeam1212
Oh I rarely state who made what. I paid for the right not to do that if I please. However, I do make notable exceptions like Karanta, Ghostman or Sixus1 Media and others like Yanelis3D. They have all been so kind I never mind plugging them. Plus if anyone really wants to know, they can simply ask me out here in the open or shoot me a sitemail. When I frequented the Rendo forum, I would ask "I'm looking for....(fill in blank)", add a promo pic and the journey would begin. Most people are pretty kind and smart and don't mind helping out. I almost never mind helping out someone who may just be curious.

In this case, I thought I recognized the jewels (I was wrong. It wasn't the fabulous Fabiana, it was P3D-Art, thanks for heads up) I think your changing of the materials threw me off. Again, nice job on the execution. I change textures all the time on items. From the Screen of a monitor to the material on a dress. Much love to those who supply templates or have UV maps that aren't difficult to follow or change.

quietrob

Extraordinary
And now for something completely different, this is my 3D Ukiyoe vision of the notorious Miyajima floating gate from the Itsukushima Shinto shrine, at the city of Hatsukaichi in the Hiroshima Prefecture, as it was back in 1875 (Tokugawa period). The gate existed since 1168, but the "yotsuashi" (four-legged style) version only came seven centuries later to help adding stability since it is standing on mud and is partially submerged on water during high tides and typhoons.

The Miyajima Torii is made of camphor wood and stands 16 meters high. At low tides peoplec can access it by foot straight from the Miyajima island. It is common practice for visitors to place coins in the gate's legs cracks and make a wish. Collecting shellfish near the gate is also popular at low tide, and at night, the gate is illuminated by powerful lights from the shore.

Note: Ukiyoe are series of stylized woodcuts and paintings produced between the 17th and 20th centuries in Japan, featuring motifs of landscapes, historic tales, and pleasure quarters. It is the main artistic genre of woodblock printing in Japan, which achieved great popularity during the 2nd half of the 17th century in the metropolitan culture of Edo (now Tokyo).

Inspired by the Ukiyoe art of Hokusai and Hiroshige. Scene was composed in Poser, rendered in Vue, with postwork in Paintshop Pro.

View attachment 32935

Superb! Simply Superb! I'm off to google everything I don't understand but I clearly love. Still, the composition, execution, color and mood show while there is not a "Make Art" button, great art can still be made skill, talent and imagination. I am hereby apply for a membership in your fan club.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thanks, Miss B! I haven't modeled anything in that scene - it was kit-bashed together 7 years ago. The men in the boat are default Poser figures, and their hats are cone primitives! LOL I couldn't get decent water back in 2010, so I have used Vue to generate the terrain, the water, and atmospheric clouds and sky (all procedural). The vegetation up front was painted with Howler's particle brushes. The lighting was the most challenging part. I have tried to match the mood from one of Hiroshige's famous Ukiyoe woodblock paintings from the 17th century.

Oh my. This answer make my sitemail rather moot. Still, all details are appreciated.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh I rarely state who made what. I paid for the right not to do that if I please. However, I do make notable exceptions like Karanta, Ghostman or Sixus1 Media and others like Yanelis3D. They have all been so kind I never mind plugging them. Plus if anyone really wants to know, they can simply ask me out here in the open or shoot me a sitemail. When I frequented the Rendo forum, I would ask "I'm looking for....(fill in blank)", add a promo pic and the journey would begin. Most people are pretty kind and smart and don't mind helping out. I almost never mind helping out someone who may just be curious.

In this case, I thought I recognized the jewels (I was wrong. It wasn't the fabulous Fabiana, it was P3D-Art, thanks for heads up) I think your changing of the materials threw me off. Again, nice job on the execution. I change textures all the time on items. From the Screen of a monitor to the material on a dress. Much love to those who supply templates or have UV maps that aren't difficult to follow or change.

As you know I rarely credit vendors bit I have favorites and usually credit Hivewire in the hope it will help sales here. I don't always credit Fabiana even though her products are first class mainly because they are so clearly from her that they sell themselves. In this case I have played with the textures a great deal and Fabiana has a set very similar I believe which misled you. I also credit the likes of Jack Tomalin not only because his products are great but he also still produces for Poser while also creating a iRay textures for DS users. As such I regard that as being in the Hivewire inclusive type camp vogue.

I do have a concern when giving credits though as I play with them so much. I would hate for someone to buy content after seeing a render of mine only to find they cannot duplicate what they see. The Scifi Scavenger Tunic is a case in point in that it is very far from the base texture I would hate for someone to buy it hoping it would come with such a texture or, more likely, not buy it because it did not look right. If it looks bad that is my fault if it looks good that is because the creator has produced something that is great for kitbashing.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually Ken, I was thinking of the pier, with the steps on the far side, folks would climb down to get onto a boat.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
If I had to guess the character, it would be Barbara Gordon, aka Batgirl of course. The figure? I would be guessing but I'll say, Miki 4? The outfit designed by rokket! :D There! I know I got the last one right!
Yeah, it's not Miki! It's actually Roxie. I picked up an FBM called sexy Roxie from somewhere and promptly forgot about it until last night when I was looking through my runtimes. I did the quick suit just to cover her nakedness.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Roxie! Didn't she come with one of the earlier Poser Pro's? Lemme see. I'm doing an ULTRASEARCH for the figure. Yup. It took about twenty seconds for the app to find it. I do have her! I don't remember using her but I've been swept up with V4 and other figures for years.

... I did the quick suit just to cover her nakedness.

Easy there, old friend! Let's not rule anything out. We have to make sure Alisa isn't sleeping from time to time. ;) Geez, I'll prolly end up in the Hivewire Cornfield for that one.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Roxie! Didn't she come with one of the earlier Poser Pro's? Lemme see. I'm doing an ULTRASEARCH for the figure. Yup. It took about twenty seconds for the app to find it. I do have her! I don't remember using her but I've been swept up with V4 and other figures for years.

Easy there, old friend! Let's not rule anything out. We have to make sure Alisa isn't sleeping from time to time. ;) Geez, I'll prolly end up in the Hivewire Cornfield for that one.
Hahaha! I'd be right beside you!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Now I want to model a cowl to see how she'd look... Shouldn't have made that pic so large. It stops me scrolling down the page every time.

If I do make the cowl, I'll modify that hair she is wearing to just keep the pony tail.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Now I want to model a cowl to see how she'd look... Shouldn't have made that pic so large. It stops me scrolling down the page every time.

If I do make the cowl, I'll modify that hair she is wearing to just keep the pony tail.
I'm having trouble with a cowl as well. I used one made for the Scarlet Witch. I can't get the transparency map to certain parts transparent. It's back to Blender class for me. We're building basic things by only using primitives. I can't wait to get to the sculpting brushes.