• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
@carmen indorato , I was mostly talking about the simple dimorphisms like Asian female elephant have really short tusks and breast that are visible when they have calves. There are tuskless male elephants in Asia known as muknas. There are quite a few elephant models out there that are very generic. All of them not having any morphablility even something as simple as changing the length of the tusks without it looking disproportionate at the base. I have been working on this one art project for almost 4 years now with out a good elephant model. I will say that out of the models I have bought over the years the animal models I have bought here on hivewire have been the best so far, aside from some small runtime glitches.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
That's a good point, Ivory Elephant. I honestly didn't know elephants had breasts like that, and I looked at a lot of elephant pictures when I was doing the textures, albeit mostly on texture resource sites. Only when I specifically searched "elephant breast" did the secret come out! And believe me, I was pretty wary of putting those words into google! It turned out okay. ;-)

Perhaps if we ask very nicely, Chris will add a little geometry to the model to facilitate a pregnant/nursing elephant morph.

I'm sure the elephant figure will have morphs for the tusk size. ;-)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
That's a good point, Ivory Elephant. I honestly didn't know elephants had breasts like that, and I looked at a lot of elephant pictures when I was doing the textures, albeit mostly on texture resource sites. Only when I specifically searched "elephant breast" did the secret come out! And believe me, I was pretty wary of putting those words into google! It turned out okay. ;-)

Perhaps if we ask very nicely, Chris will add a little geometry to the model to facilitate a pregnant/nursing elephant morph.

Or....a poseable add-on smart prop!?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think Chris is working on the dog at the moment and it's probably waiting on input from other people. Unfortunately we only have one Paul and he does most ( I think all ) of the rigging work.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We have our good friend Charles Taylor rigging our HiveWire Elephant. He's moving along nicely with it. Hoping that he might want to share his progress with it before too long.

We're very excited to have the help of Chuck. He's so very talented in so many ways, and we'll benefit greatly by his talents and abilities.

We hope with his help, that we'll be able to release our animals on a more regular basis then what we're currently able to do.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chuck will do what he's best at, which is Poser for now. It's either Poser, or have the Elephant shelved for perhaps more years to come.

This move doesn't mean a Studio version won't be coming, but no promises to if and when. Unless we can scare up another Studio rigger, there is only so much Paul can take on, and we have him buried with several projects.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
We have our good friend Charles Taylor rigging our HiveWire Elephant. He's moving along nicely with it. Hoping that he might want to share his progress with it before too long.

We're very excited to have the help of Chuck. He's so very talented in so many ways, and we'll benefit greatly by his talents and abilities.

We hope with his help, that we'll be able to release our animals on a more regular basis then what we're currently able to do.

OUTSTANDING!!! Glad you could join in here, Chuck! (I've learned a lot from your YouTube videos, FYI... thanks!! ;)

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
FYI I'm rigging in steps. There will be some (SOME) basic geometric zone rigging under the weight maps. That means it will be in a state where it can eventually be ported to DS. It will also feature some P11 goodies like linear deforms and control props. Don't get too excited this is only about 8 hours of rigging. There's a long way to go. P.S. I know elephants don't walk that way. I'm just messing with bendieness.
Elle_TR01.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And it still will get the Hivewire label? So far everything with the Hivewire name has been cross-platform.

Yes, it will indeed have our HiveWire label. This is how we have to adjust our efforts. Some of our animal products will have to be released in one format at first, or even only one format, or we simply won't be able to get products out to market.

Right now our internal HiveWire release schedule has been very slow. Folks lose interest, and their patience wanes for sure. We're sitting on a lot of animal, and human figure related products, that need to see the light of day.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Very nice Chuck. Thanks for posting your early work. From experience I find it very helpful to share progress with those here. Many enjoy seeing the process, and it's good to know that things are moving ahead.

This will be a great elephant base for us.

So folks know, Chuck will be rigging our Toon Elephant, and baby as well. Then I'll morph an African Elephant for him also.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Yes, it will indeed have our HiveWire label. This is how we have to adjust our efforts. Some of our animal products will have to be released in one format at first, or even only one format, or we simply won't be able to get products out to market.

Right now our internal HiveWire release schedule has been very slow. Folks lose interest, and their patience wanes for sure. We're sitting on a lot of animal, and human figure related products, that need to see the light of day.

And you know from all the years in this community friend Poser users are IMPATIENT!!!!!
They.....WE!!!!!want it yesterday or at the very latest today!!!!!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I am concerned that with the use of Poser 11 goodies in the rigging of the elephant, that it won't be useable by people with Poser 10.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Chuck will do what he's best at, which is Poser for now. It's either Poser, or have the Elephant shelved for perhaps more years to come.

This move doesn't mean a Studio version won't be coming, but no promises to if and when. Unless we can scare up another Studio rigger, there is only so much Paul can take on, and we have him buried with several projects.

I'm really disappointed to hear that you are dropping DS support for the rest of the animals or is this just for the elephant?

There was someone asking about a Dog over in the Daz forums I was going to send them here but is there any point?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The dog will have both native Poser and DS versions upon release.