• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can personally guarantee you that our Asian Elephant will be the best in the Poser and Studio market. This new Indian elephant that just came out has some challenges with it's anatomy. The ear depth attachment is too narrow and the eyes are not properly placed correctly. Paul will add his mastery to the rigging for ultimate control of the trunk and proper anatomical bending of the mighty beast. Sparky has a great map and I would imagine will add more options down the road.

Tiny is intensely interested in creating Poser hair for a Mammoth also.

We will get back to this animal once the Big Cat is in the store, as Laurie has already mentioned. I may however jump back on this sooner for further morph work. After I make a mama Gorilla and baby after the dog I'm creating.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
All things considered; while I am certainly looking forward to Eli, I think we need an updated domestic dog (and cat) a good deal more.

Alessandro

New-Bee
I can personally guarantee you that our Asian Elephant will be the best in the Poser and Studio market. This new Indian elephant that just came out has some challenges with it's anatomy. The ear depth attachment is too narrow and the eyes are not properly placed correctly. Paul will add his mastery to the rigging for ultimate control of the trunk and proper anatomical bending of the mighty beast. Sparky has a great map and I would imagine will add more options down the road.

Tiny is intensely interested in creating Poser hair for a Mammoth also.

We will get back to this animal once the Big Cat is in the store, as Laurie has already mentioned. I may however jump back on this sooner for further morph work. After I make a mama Gorilla and baby after the dog I'm creating.

It's always great when one has absolute and unquestionable certainty of his own skills.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome, Ivory Elephant. From your user name, it's pretty clear why you want Eli!

Chris will have to answer on this one ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, nothing new right now. Sorry Ivory Elephant. Welcome... by the way.

Been busy working on other products for now. The Elephant is still on the shelf. I pull it down and dust it off from time to time, and whisper in it's ears, "We haven't forgotten you big fella, stay strong... we'll get you out to the good folks."

Or perhaps I even whisper to Eli something like this from the movie "The Last Mohicans", "You’re strong. You survive. You stay alive no matter what occurs. I will find you…no matter how long it takes, no matter how far. I will find you.”

Harimau

Eager
I have only just realized that Eli is an Indian elephant (Elephas maximus). Elephants (along with the big cats) are one of my favourite animals. While we are waiting for him to appear in the shop, here is an interesting fact about Eli and his relatives. Everyone knows that Eli's cousin Loxodonta africana, the African Bush Elephant is the largest land animal alive today. But was this always the case? Was another relative of his the largest land mammal of all time? For a long, long time, ever since I was a little kid, the answer WAS No. A giant hornless rhino was the king, the largest mammal to have ever walked the planet. Back then I knew him as Baluchitherium. He then became Indricotherium and finally Paraceratherium. He was gigantic, standing 17 feet tall, truly dinosaur-size. He was bigger than any other known land mammal dead or alive, that is until recently, when an enormous thigh bone was unearthed in India. And YES, King Rhino, Paraceratherium transouralicum has been dethroned, and by no other than Eli's long lost, closely related cousin, a gigantic 17 feet tall Pleicestocene Elephant, Paleoloxodon namadicus, the Asian Straight-tusked Elephant.

After Eli, I suppose Chris will be doing the African elephant and a Woolly mammoth. I hope he will consider Paleoloxodon namadicus sometime in the future. Why? Because he is the biggest and meanest of them all (he resembles an oversized Eli with long straight tusks). And also maybe another one of Eli's giant cousins, the 13 feet tall Deinotherium giganteum. Why? Because he is named the "Gigantic Terrible Beast" - consider me or else! Anyway, Deinotherium is an interesting subject, an elephant having no upper tusks, but having instead a pair of incurving lower tusks. How it uses those tusks is anybody's guess.

Here is Paleoloxodon namadicus next to the African elephant.
African-Elephant-vs-Palaeoloxodon-namadicus-vs-human-size.jpg

This is Dienotherium.
Dienotherium sp.jpg

Here are 2 diagrams showing the comparative sizes of the various giants.
largest_land_mammals_by_larramendi_by_asier_larramendi-d913ekf.jpg

elephant-sizes_small.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Deinotherium, Paraceratherium, Platybeladon, Coelodonta antiquitatis (Woolly Rhino), Stegotetrabeladon syrticus and other large, prehistoric mammals, though sadly, not Indricotherium, are already available from DinoRaul, a well-respected modeller of all things ancient (including plant life). I do have to question whether we need to duplicate already existing models. In the case of the big cats, house cat, great apes and other works in progress, the answer is definitely yes. Chris and the team have made quantum leaps in advancing the reality of those animals, and I fully expect the same will apply to Eli, but where do you draw the line? Although my preference would have been an African elephant I'm delighted with the progress on Eli, and the possibility of a future, much needed Woolly Mammoth (with the assistance of Tiny?). Other variations would be nice to have but, in the meantime, lets get behind the ones to come! :beehive:

Harimau

Eager
Deinotherium, Paraceratherium, Platybeladon, Coelodonta antiquitatis (Woolly Rhino), Stegotetrabeladon syrticus and other large, prehistoric mammals, though sadly, not Indricotherium, are already available from DinoRaul, a well-respected modeller of all things ancient (including plant life). I do have to question whether we need to duplicate already existing models. In the case of the big cats, house cat, great apes and other works in progress, the answer is definitely yes. Chris and the team have made quantum leaps in advancing the reality of those animals, and I fully expect the same will apply to Eli, but where do you draw the line? Although my preference would have been an African elephant I'm delighted with the progress on Eli, and the possibility of a future, much needed Woolly Mammoth (with the assistance of Tiny?). Other variations would be nice to have but, in the meantime, lets get behind the ones to come! :beehive:
Where does DinoRaul sell his stuff? I could only find Elasmotherium and Brontotherium among all the dinosaurs at Daz.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Dinoraul is mostly on Rendo. He did do a number of dinos and dragons which have been at DAZ for a long time, but those may have even been buy-outs (although probably not, since his name is still on them).

He's got loads of prehistoric critters and plants, also a fair number of modern plants (a nice selection of palms and tropicals as well as things like lilac bushes), and a few fantasy creatures for good measure. His store is several pages large, and I see that a lot of his models have been added in extended license versions recently.

Does really great promos, too.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
Looking forward to it. I have bought a few Elephant models and they are ok. I have a project I have been working on for the better part of 3 years for my now 4 year old nephew. Just finding the the right models has been the challenge.

One other thing that you guys could do with the Elli model is different skin textures. They have an array of different pigments and skin patterns.