• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh that would be so cool! Though, I think I'd rather be in the little flying machine than dangling from a harness.

Although ... the harness would probably be quieter than the little flying machine.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh that would be so cool! Though, I think I'd rather be in the little flying machine than dangling from a harness.

Although ... the harness would probably be quieter than the little flying machine.

Yep both were very cool! And yes you are right about the Microlight- that was my only complaint- they are a bit loud. I am a zipline junkie:) Have done others in Kauai and Cape Trib in Queensland Aus. If there is one where I am going then I do it:) This one in Zambia was the best though.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Laurie, you're so lucky to have the adventures you have had!!

I'm just looking forward to living those times "vicariously" via Chris's models and my poser! LOL!

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
That poly flow and distribution is just perfect! Dude I love your grasp of anatomy and wish I was that good. (I'm still practicing!) I just picked up a new book, ZBrush Character Creation by Scott Spencer. I'm hoping it will help me with my understanding of a creatures anatomical flow.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's how I feel when I look at Chris's wip's Tate! He keeps thinking I'm just being kind though...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The Eli thread seems to have been shot off in the forum rebuild, but I thought someone ought to mention that AM released his Indian Elephant and baby earlier this week. His modeling has improved a lot, but I think Eli was better.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I saw that in the email too JOdel, and I agree with you. Eli looked like he's going to be a lot nicer.

I think Chris will probably resurrect that thread when he gets back to working on him.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I have always loved elephants:squee:, and by always I mean the one toy that I still have was given to my parents at my baby shower and it was an elephant. And that baby elephant is sooooooooo cute, but. . . I was looking over the page and realized how spoiled I've become by Harry. I was looking through the lists of morphs and poses, and noticed there wasn't much to let you pose the trunk. I've gotten so used to how you can control Harry's mane and tail from his body, not to mention some easy quick posing like turning his head. I would assume that trunk would have to have a lot of bones and it could be a real pain trying to pose it.

But he was still so cute. . . and then I noticed that it said he was Daz 4.9 only, (well it says that, but then it says it also has a poser DSON core so . . . ) and I knew there was no way I was going to struggle with a DSON elephant in Poser. But I want a baby elephant so bad. . . Alright, I'll wait for the Hivewire one ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well there is the old Silverkey baby elephant at DAZ. It isn't a bad model. But it's pretty old.

Of course one of the selling points for a lot of people on the AM version is that he'll have a Columbian Mammoth (morph?) eventually, complete with a LAMH hairset. His new elephants also have them, but modern elephants don't really have so much hair that it matters all that much.

I rather hope that when we do get Eli, that it will be possible to fit Noggins's howdah and other gear to him.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
There is a thread on our HW Elephant- Work In Progress On Eli

I know Chris and Paul have some fab ideas on doing the rigging for the trunk. I have been bugging them to hopefully get to rigging him sooner rather than later given our Jungle Theme- Taka needs his buddy Tantor:) But I do know the Big Cat will come first. We just need some darn clones of Paul (and me too for that matter....:) Chris the mad modeler goes faster that we can keep up with him!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL - I moved over the Elephant posts from the Harry thread, in case people wonder "why are they asking where a thread is IN that thread?".

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHA, and here I thought I was going crazy, because I knew I hadn't posted in this thread. :lol:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ahem. One thing has nothing to do with the other, right?

*sings*

She's going Slightly Mad....