• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

D

Deleted member 325

That's strange, it gives me the link to their site and several sub-sections of the store.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Which is what I get as well, but then I don't use Google to search, so that might be a problem.

eclark1894

Visionary
I thought I would mention I do make poses for M4/V4 as well, though not as many as I used too but a lot of my previous sets are still out there. I also make poses for a variety of 3rd party and niche figures.
If you tell me where they are, I can point people to them.

eclark1894

Visionary
So was putzing around this weekend and decided to try and list my directory with the search engines. I only did two, Bing and Google. I'll do Yahoo tonight. Just wanted to let you know that I checked and Bing has already started returning results. If you type "Poser Content Directory", the directory comes up first page. Google doesn't mention the directory until page 4 and even then it's listed as the "Poser Weapons Vendor Directory." and that's the index page it will take you to.

D

Deleted member 325

If you tell me where they are, I can point people to them.
Some can be found here on Hivewire3D:
Search results for: 'KageRyu'
(Currently all of the Ragnarok sets are M4, Madness Took Me is M4/V4, Action Dame is V4)
Some can be found at Renderosity under theKageRyu (KageRyu was already in use).

I may still put out an odd product here and there for M4/V4 but am focusing more on Dusk/Dawn and other independant figures now. I plan to make a Dusk/Dawn version of the madness sets, and M4/V4 versions of the Outrider Quad sets.

quietrob

Extraordinary
So was putzing around this weekend and decided to try and list my directory with the search engines. I only did two, Bing and Google. I'll do Yahoo tonight. Just wanted to let you know that I checked and Bing has already started returning results. If you type "Poser Content Directory", the directory comes up first page. Google doesn't mention the directory until page 4 and even then it's listed as the "Poser Weapons Vendor Directory." and that's the index page it will take you to.

Found it on Page 3. I only tested a few sites but it worked smooth as silk! Excellent!

I wonder if the more uses it gets, the more it will up in the listings?

eclark1894

Visionary
Found it on Page 3. I only tested a few sites but it worked smooth as silk! Excellent!

I wonder if the more uses it gets, the more it will up in the listings?
I don't know, but good news is Yahoo uses Bing's search engine and I'm already signed up for Bing, so I'm signed up for Yahoo too.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Google still isn't on board. On yahoo, it was the third listing down. Google doesn't even list it unless I use your Poser Weapons trick.

I may have to switch my search engine.

P.S. I wish I knew the truth of Forender. They have some nice stuff for Poser!!

quietrob

Extraordinary
You mean, everyone outside the USA isn't a scammer? Let me adjust my scammer radar.

Actually, I'm going by what I read here at the Hive. I trust the people here more than some site that says beware...and then gives them 85 percent. A rotten tomatoes rating of 85 is pretty good!

eclark1894

Visionary
Google still isn't on board. On yahoo, it was the third listing down. Google doesn't even list it unless I use your Poser Weapons trick.

I may have to switch my search engine.

P.S. I wish I knew the truth of Forender. They have some nice stuff for Poser!!
I re-entered the site into Google's search engine this morning, and verified my ownership, which apparently is something I didn't do the first time.

Forender is the only one who can clear their name. They seem to be mostly silent on the matter. I deleted them because I don't want my site associated with warez. If they're cleared, or at least give me some reason to believe they're clean, then we can revisit this.

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay, the directory is coming up in Google now, on the first page, IF you google "Poser VENDOR Directory". Weapons page link is still coming up to.:)

Nod

Adventurous
You mean, everyone outside the USA isn't a scammer? Let me adjust my scammer radar.

Actually, I'm going by what I read here at the Hive. I trust the people here more than some site that says beware...and then gives them 85 percent. A rotten tomatoes rating of 85 is pretty good!

It's not so much that they scam customers out of money, it's more a case of them passing other folk's work off as their own. So the customers will get what they paid for, it's just that the actual creators don't. And as others have said, some of the stuff is ripped from games. They sell Mass Effect, and Star Wars weapons and characters, for example. Those would both need an official licence.

The celebrity clones are the only things which appear to be originals, as there's a monthly poll on who should be next.