• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Poser Content Directory is Finally Here!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
May I inject a note of caution when dealing with FoRender. Some weeks back I received an email from them to inform me that a product I purchased had been updated and included a download link to receive the update. When I visited the download page, however, I found that the product that I had purchased was NOT listed but a number of items purchased by a J. M. Flaton with an address in Holland were. On subsequent investigation, I discovered that I apparently also shared my order history with this person. I have contacted the site owner twice over the last four weeks asking him to correct this error and, regretfully have received no reply or had my account corrected. I note that I have always paid at this site using PayPal and have not had any unauthorised payments. However, I would advise you to exercise caution if paying by credit or debit card. I must admit that I am disappointed by their lack of response because I was responsible for bringing this site to Earl's attention for which my apologies! Again, until I receive an acknowledgement from FoRender that this problem has been dealt with I would advise you to proceed with caution in making purchases from them!

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, you're not the first to bring the site to my attention. I was told that FoRender had been implicated in a scandal where some of the things they were selling might not be done by the person they say they were ... Wartech. I read the article they linked to but as nothing was proven and it was just allegations, and since that had taken place quite some time ago, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm wondering now if I may have erred in that decision. They are also about to start selling some of their stuff through another store, but I forget which one. Would you mind letting me know if you get your order history situation with them cleared up? If I haven't heard positively from you by next week, I'll just go ahead and delete the links to their site.

Nod

Adventurous
It was someone who posts on the Facebook Poser page. I forget the name, but I'm sure they still post there.
I'd posted a link to FoRender on there, and the person replied, saying about how they'd been ripped off by them.

theschell

Brilliant
This isn't the first time I've seen concerns expressed over the products at FoRender... It comes up fairly often and I've seen it several times in threads at Rendo, DAZ (when I still had my account there), FaceBook, and a number of other forums. I've cautioned people myself about using resources purchased from there as I've noticed that many items appear to be game rips or clones. I know that at one point the artist or artists had stated that it was all their own work... but it strikes me as suspect. I have items from them, but haven't used them for anything other than personal renders as I didn't want to run the risk of getting in trouble using them in anything commercial...

Last edited:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Actually, you're not the first to bring the site to my attention. I was told that FoRender had been implicated in a scandal where some of the things they were selling might not be done by the person they say they were ... Wartech. I read the article they linked to but as nothing was proven and it was just allegations, and since that had taken place quite some time ago, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm wondering now if I may have erred in that decision. They are also about to start selling some of their stuff through another store, but I forget which one. Would you mind letting me know if you get your order history situation with them cleared up? If I haven't heard positively from you by next week, I'll just go ahead and delete the links to their site.

Certainly will Earl. I'm going to contact them again on Monday asking them to get in touch with me. Failing that I will let you know by next Friday at the latest! Regards.

eclark1894

Visionary
Several people over in the Renderosity Poser forum were asking for a banner so they could promote the directory on their own sites. So... Miss B suggested I make a slight moderation to the existing banner.

PCVD.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good Earl. Now folks won't have to wonder where your Directory is located, if they happen to see your banner on another site.

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I was so happy letting you guys pat me on the back and telling me what a wonderful job I had done on the directory, that I realize that I forgot to thank some people who were very happy to help me out with advice and support.
So let me thank my web testers, Satira Capricio, Glitterati 3d, and especially my biggest cheerleader, Miss B, without whom's invaluable help, this directory would have been even more riddled with mistakes and inaccuracies that it already is. Some times you need fresh eyes to help you see better.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the kudos Earl, but I've always had my hand in web design, and checking out the links before it went public gave me a "leg up" (as the saying goes) to finding new vendors I've never been aware of before. Sooooo, thank YOU sir for giving us this great resource. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Question: Should I add a Footwear and accessories subcategory to the Clothing Category page? My only doubt about doing this is that while it will definitely making looking for things easier, it may ultimately turn the directory into more of a catalog. Because it may require breaking the accessories down by figures, at least the footwear, since things like jewelry or handbags can be for any figure.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I added a subcategory to the Lights and Camera Category called HDRI Sites. It lists Free and Commercial sites where you can get HDRI pictures to use for your scene lighting or for background imaging. I updated the site last night and of course, wouldn't you know that HDRI Haven which had been offline for undisclosed reasons so I couldn't list them before, came back on line today. And all the HDR images on their site are 100% free.
hdrihaven.com

eclark1894

Visionary
Because it was someone in this thread, who brought them to my attention, I thought that this thread should be alerted to the fact that I have deleted the links to the FoRender website from the directory. There were just too many "not nice" allegations against them, and I thought it best to simply err on the side of caution.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, servers what it exactly as you named it. I've been fighting with that for years.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Because it was someone in this thread, who brought them to my attention, I thought that this thread should be alerted to the fact that I have deleted the links to the FoRender website from the directory. There were just too many "not nice" allegations against them, and I thought it best to simply err on the side of caution.
Pity, they have gotten a bad reputation. It's been a while since I visited them and now I feel a bit wary of the site. Perhaps they can come here and clear up any confusion. I hope Xurge3D made the cut!

D

Deleted member 325

I thought I would mention I do make poses for M4/V4 as well, though not as many as I used too but a lot of my previous sets are still out there. I also make poses for a variety of 3rd party and niche figures.