• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Here are sample snips of the 8192x2048 sky textures I have so far:
samples so far.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Quickie from me. This is Diva, not used her as of yet. Took her into ZBrush and created a fairy from her. Did a bunch of morphing. Slimmed down the hands and feminized the feet allot more and face. Added back in breasts and slimmed down the waist line and slimmed down the lower legs and thighs too. Arms and wrists are redone a bit. Had to dig to find my fav dragonfly wings and just converted them to iRAY. This is my upcoming Tina skin which is currently in beta testing right now.... Once I get Tina and Tommy in the store I think I'll try to finish up Bruno and Bruna and then get to work on my male and female fairy set. I might even make my own wings and see how I do with that!

Off to my day job. See ya later....

DivaFairy.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Plus they are so large! Must be for your skydome?
They'll fit any spherically mapped dome, the Lothlorien skydome, the P11 construct, et al.
Yeah, they're big. This is an actual-size snip (click to expand), though only 1/16 of the entire sky panorama:
Island Sunset sample.jpg

The power company shut down the whole neighborhood while replacing switching equipment, so I had to hurriedly shut all my computers down (UPS batteries will not last long with the CPUs pegged at 100%). Theoretically, HyperVue might be able to resume the Pink Paradise (a brilliant sunrise with Godrays) render, but I've never yet seen HyperVue succeed in resuming a render, so I'd say those five days rendering are lost. I'll probably wait for November before I try to run it again, so that I don't have to deal with the heat.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
They'll fit any spherically mapped dome, the Lothlorien skydome, the P11 construct, et al.
Yeah, they're big. This is an actual-size snip (click to expand), though only 1/16 of the entire sky panorama:
View attachment 28986

The power company shut down the whole neighborhood while replacing switching equipment, so I had to hurriedly shut all my computers down (UPS batteries will not last long with the CPUs pegged at 100%). Theoretically, HyperVue might be able to resume the Pink Paradise (a brilliant sunrise with Godrays) render, but I've never yet seen HyperVue succeed in resuming a render, so I'd say those five days rendering are lost. I'll probably wait for November before I try to run it again, so that I don't have to deal with the heat.
Can't say that doesn't suck. It does. I know the pain, though, cousin. Here in the Philippines, power outages are a way of life.

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 28986

Somehow a 'Like" doesn't seem quite right...

seachnasaigh

Energetic
How do I know I am GPU rendering? Is it simply a matter of unchecking BPT?
The Superfly render settings have two columns; progressive refinement is at the top of the right column. Now look above that, just outside. You'll see a faint (greyed out) "Intel core i7..." or some such. It often shows that as a default; Urania doesn't have a core i7, but that's what you see when rendering CPU, which is the default rendering mode.
If your machine has a render-capable GPU, that line will be clear black text and active, so that can select either the processor or the GPU. I don't have a pic offhand; TinkerBell has a Titan Z and would show the option active, but she's offline for now.
Render capable GPUs would be nVidia GeForce series video cards from about GTX750 and later. Superfly can't currently use Radeon cards.

Are these for sale anywhere? I imagine they will work just fine in DAZ Studio as well!
My reason for making them is to use them with the Lothlorien enviro playset, but they will work for any spherically mapped skydome, in any render engine, including 3Dlight and iRay. You can download the P11 construct sampler and just use the sky JPGs. They are 4096x1024. The new ones will be 8192x2048.
You won't be able to buy them, but you'll be able to get them for free. :)
Every sky in the P11 construct sampler will be in the new pack (but larger), along with several new ones. I count thirty on the list.

Somehow a 'Like" doesn't seem quite right...
We need a "Sorry about your suck" emoticon.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You won't be able to buy them, but you'll be able to get them for free. :)
Every sky in the P11 construct sampler will be in the new pack (but larger), along with several new ones. I count thirty on the list.
OK, these are looking fabulous, but I have one question. I don't use the Construct, but do use either BB's EnvSphere, or Snarly's EZDome script, which utilizes BB's EnvSphere. Will I be able to use these in these instances?