• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Actually I'd prefer chocolate with just the cream cheese, and forget about the peanut butter. Talk about decadent! :D

Agreed. Maybe a touch of caramel - the really good creamy kind, not the high fructose corn syrup kind.

RAMWolff, I agree.

What I've learned more than anything about reading these last several pages to catch up on this thread... is that Satira is really smart. I mean I knew she was smart before, but she is so centered and sound. Love her ability to explain her views, her thoughts, and her rational.

Yay Satira!!

Oh okay... everyone else here is amazing too. Just not as amazing as Satira. Ha.

I try to be reasonable, Chris. I also tend to keep my mouth shut if I get annoyed by something someone says, rather than blow my top like happens elsewhere. Tends to save hard feelings, most of the time.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well gosh. I've spent just about the entire day hoping I wasn't making the situation worse by my posts!

Guess I can relax now, huh?

Thank you RAM and Chris.

You know ... Steamed Purple Cauliflower with butter and salt just doesn't compare to all of these pies everyone keeps mentioning. How does Cantaloupe pie sound? Disgusting, doesn't it? But, that's the only fruit I have in the apartment. Well wait. I do have cottage cheese. Though cottage cheese and cantaloupe still doesn't equal these decadent pies. Oh, I do have frozen strawberries too. Maybe even some frozen sliced bananas. I could have a strawberry banana smoothie.

Nope. Still not a pie.

Pity me!

AllenArt

Eager
Actually, the peanut butter pie is in a chocolate cookie crust. And it's very very rich. But so delicious! :) If my old church cookbooks weren't packed away in a box someplace I'd share the recipe :p

Laurie

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Greedy Guts just threw a fit because I only gave her two little pieces of cantaloupe, and I had a WHOLE BUNCH more.

Now she's hunting all over the kitchen for more cantaloupe.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Plain rhubarb pie is rather sour, isn't it?

Rhubarb pie is a little sour- it is the perfect sweet and sour combination when paired with homemade vanilla bean ice cream!
I would whip those frozen bananas with a little vanilla and warm the strawberries just enough so they release their juices- then mash the strawberries with a touch of Orange liquor or brandy or Frangelica-- and drizzle over the banana 'ice cream'.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well gosh. I've spent just about the entire day hoping I wasn't making the situation worse by my posts!

Guess I can relax now, huh?

Thank you RAM and Chris.

You know ... Steamed Purple Cauliflower with butter and salt just doesn't compare to all of these pies everyone keeps mentioning. How does Cantaloupe pie sound? Disgusting, doesn't it? But, that's the only fruit I have in the apartment. Well wait. I do have cottage cheese. Though cottage cheese and cantaloupe still doesn't equal these decadent pies. Oh, I do have frozen strawberries too. Maybe even some frozen sliced bananas. I could have a strawberry banana smoothie.

Nope. Still not a pie.

Pity me!
I love cauliflower when prepared Indian style. There is this little place in Palo Alto, called Dar Bar, they make the best Butter Chicken I've ever had and their cauliflower is just to die for!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ya'll are funny. Ya know how this talk of pie and all is comforting to the soul? I think folks feel that today's tension that was brought on, caused a need to divert attention for a bit to relax, and crawl under the warm covers for a while and rejuvenate.

Anyway. I went through and caught up on the conversation, and presentation of teeth and all. It's my view that we can come out of this with our views intact, but perhaps with some insight from others that can be helpful to smooth out rough spots, and chips on shoulders.

So grateful for Lisa, Alisa, Satira, Miss B, and many others here that have been guiding things along and bringing about a reset of sorts.

I agree with what Lisa and Alisa have already stated. I feel I've already made clear the reasons behind this announcement thread. Enough to suffice at this point I believe. The only reason to go into any more depth is if some folks wanted to bring up past issues that should be long buried. I had a previous boss that referred to old issues that should be behind us as "stirring up the turds". A bit harsh and coarse perhaps, but it does fit. Let them lie, be absorbed, and move on.

I like this thread so that folks can share thoughts of support, voice concerns, or disappointments. It's possible that it can help us heal from shared pains. I know I feel that outside this 3D community, that I need to keep a lot of things to myself. That's not the best approach I know, but it is what it is, as the phrase goes these days. Having said that, there may be others that feel the same. So a like-minded community is pretty special for sharing ideas, thoughts, and even venting every once in a while without getting personal.

Let's move ahead shall we? DAZ is part of my legacy, having started it with Dan Farr many years back. DAZ Studio is an amazing software, made even more amazing by continued development efforts. Poser is an awesome software package as well. It has some great things to offer, and is moving forward with a new dev team. As everyone knows, HiveWire supports them both, and develops content for both. We have some amazingly talented artists that hang out here and produce content for the HiveWire store, and Lisa, myself, and the HiveWire team are so grateful for all of you. DAZ, and Rendo, and a few other places have some highly skilled and talented people that create some astounding work for this combined market. Though we feel we're unique because HiveWire produces our content for both Studio and Poser.

Some one said in this thread that there is a lot going on elsewhere in our forums. We do have some very creative threads going on as I write this. Talented folks are sharing some very cool wips for all to see and be a part of. Consider jumping in on some of those every now and again, and perhaps lend your support and ideas.

Thanks all. I'm not trying to end this thread, only to add my additional thoughts. I implore all you passionate artists to keep a calmer head when posting. I think you'll feel better about that in the end.