• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone...I can see those antlers being super useful!

It was a bit fiddly getting the legs right but once I realised it was a case of only partially dialing them in it was easy.

Hornet3d

Wise
Have some time to spend with Poser over the weekend so I treated myself to a light set I have been blowing hot and cold over for ages. Just had to try one render before I turned in, straight from the box, no tweaks.

Base HDR j.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice Hornet. What light set did you get?

RenderStudio P8-2014 Modular 8 by Colm, I purchased modular 8 and 9 as they had a sale on at RDNA. I have been looking at these for ages and finally took the plunge. This is one of the premade sets from modular 8 but I am quite pleased, should be a fun weekend.

It's the early hours here, well late early hours really so I am heading for bed. Stay in the warm and look after yourself.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YES!!! I had those 2 in my wishlist for a long time, and finally picked both up the end of last month. I haven't had a chance to use any of them yet, though.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice lights...RDNA do some great light sets for both programs. I like their sunlight ones for DS.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have those for Poser, and have used those a couple of times with nice results.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
They're very nice in DS also....didn't know they had made them for Poser also. I will have to check them out.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So far I've used the ones around mid-day, so 12pm, 1pm and I might have tried the 2pm. I haven't tried any of the evening lights, though I want to try them.

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice lights...RDNA do some great light sets for both programs. I like their sunlight ones for DS.

I have those for Poser, and have used those a couple of times with nice results.

I have the Poser version of Sunlight and they are good, I tend to use them for any landscapes done in Poser. I use them less today but only because I do most of the landscape type renders in Vue these days.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Napalm, Pen, Hornet - lovely
DigiDotz - cool alien!

Nice work

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
You'll Get Lost in her Eyes

LARGE original version: http://www.lynescreations.com/amira.htm

AetherDream & Luminescence3D's Amria for Dawn SR2 (HiveWire)
I'm not into "face painting" type of designs, but I fell in love with Amria's eyes...
This is "my take" on this character ... I'm a fiddler... I changed the face morph
a bit, putting more focus on her eyes... I have more complex art in progress, but
I get distracted by a product and find myself working with it instead! LOL!

I put the old Koz "All Back" hair on Dawn, after de-saturating the "black" hair
(which looked more brown than black) texture map and I think it holds up pretty well!
I did have to clean up the 'hair line' a little bit because of the hasty fitting to Dawn, but
Kozoburo still has nice hair! :)

I also applied the longer nail morph from the Soraka character for Dawn (Rendo)

Fabiana & Luci's gorgeous jewelry set called Sophia (for V4, but easily moved into place on Dawn!)

She's wearing V&V's "Falling for Dawn" jacket as a sweater- with cowl neck shape-
and with Lully's sparkly material (HiveWire)

Her pose is from a portrait set for V4 by Ilona, re-worked by me

Blue Stage BG by seasun101 from ShareCG (hue change and re-sized, blurred for distance)

Poser Pro 2014 & Photoshop
AmiraTightCropForum.jpg