• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

eclark1894

Visionary
I did all that. Went back to the forum, still needed to log in. Okay. signed in again and got a "User name not located" or "invalid authentication" or some such. And why do I need to login twice, anyway? Look, Poser still my software of choice, but looks like I won't be joining you guys in the forum there. Enjoy yourselves.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oopsie. I didn't even see the gigantic Partners when I created a new user.

That's what happens when you don't see the FAQs until after you login :p

Terre

Renowned
I suspect that SM decided that they didn't want to have a third party have power over their official threads just in case something went wrong again.

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
FYI the Forums don't really access your orders. But given the mechanics of the single sign on it's technically possible. We felt transparency was better here.

quietrob

Extraordinary
We're working on it. I certainly feel like a partner and we're treated like one. Just a few formalities to iron out that's all.

As a Poser user I think that would be amazing. Please tell them to work on their website. Content Paradise is in sore need of a redesign. DAZ, RDNA, Renderosity have already redesigned several times and Content Paradise looks the same as it did back in when I first started around 2010 (I think).

Kerya

Brilliant
As a Poser user I think that would be amazing. Please tell them to work on their website. Content Paradise is in sore need of a redesign. DAZ, RDNA, Renderosity have already redesigned several times and Content Paradise looks the same as it did back in when I first started around 2010 (I think).

I could live with the design if they removed that "requires more money to download after one month" feature ...

quietrob

Extraordinary
I could live with the design if they removed that "requires more money to download after one month" feature ...

No. I want a redesign. I want them to get rid of that horrid charging for downloads past one month (Even Adobe doesn't do that. Miss B and Kerya are right as usual) and I want them to outdaz DAZ with great new content and props. Oh and I want them to work with DAZ to increase the figures we can use with Poser.

Sorry, that's just me howling at the moon, I suppose.

Terre

Renowned
Actually the problem is that Daz won't work with them for that purpose. SM has said that they won't have their program linked to proprietary tech and Genesis is proprietary. SM said years ago that if Genesis is made open source they will make Poser compatible with it.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Actually the problem is that Daz won't work with them for that purpose. SM has said that they won't have their program linked to proprietary tech and Genesis is proprietary. SM said years ago that if Genesis is made open source they will make Poser compatible with it.

I'm not sure where you got your info from but unless you have inside knowledge from either company its really just speculation, besides which I don't see why Daz should give away their tech free so that Poser can benefit from it; its a bit like asking SM to make their Dynamic clothing sim open source so that Daz could implement that into DS.

Terre

Renowned
It was stated in the RDNA forums back when DS4 was new. It kept coming up because people repeatedly demanded that SM include compatibility and they basically were saying that such would be a two way street. They won't have their program be subject to having part of it stop working because some other company makes a change in their own program. Daz has a right to keep their tech to themselves and SM has a right to not tie their program to Daz.