• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I saw a post at RDNA that specifically said the prices will be the same $2.50 the Deep Freeze items had while they were in RDNA's store, which makes sense.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I made the IOArmor in Wings3d teaching myself how to use it along the way... (why the heck can't I get an IT job when I can teach myself almost any software in days if not hours? Oh yeah, no paperwork to back it up. Sigh...)
It was quite an interesting experience. Rigging it with the tools available then was a bit of a nightmare, but it worked. :)
I'm pretty sure Anton created Apollo Maximus in Wings! There was, at the time, an issue, there was no way to close up the final hole that's why Apollo, when his junk was turned off there was a hole rather than making use of geometry switching (which I don't know why that was abandoned, it's kinda brilliant.. sort of like DAZ3D way of doing that)

ShvrDavid

Motivated
I hope that I am allowed to post this here.

The Smith Micro Forums have needed a new home since the merger, and now they have one.
The new Official Smith Micro forums can be found here.

forum.smithmicro.com

I look forward to seeing you here, and there.
All of us have common passion, and the new forums are just one more place to hang out and share.

Thanks everyone,
Scott

eclark1894

Visionary

The Smith Micro Forums have needed a new home since the merger, and now they have one.

forum.smithmicro.com

All of us have common passion, and the new forums are just one more place to hang out and share.

Thanks everyone,
Scott
Another stupid forum that won't let me sign in. Screw it!

so we have to sign up with another user name and password? I have filed bug reports before but it won't let me use that user id and password.

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
Sign up with an existing Content Paradise or Renderosity account should work but you need to link the accounts. Try this:

Click the "Get a Smith Micro Graphics account" at the top of the login page you can click the CP button or the Rendo button. (or fill in or the details but that's no fun.) Then enter your user name and password FOR THAT SITE. Then click connect. (I think right here is the rough spot.) then you have to click the forum link at the top of that page. We need to make that more obvious.

Sorry for the rocky sign up. We'll get it smoothed out

Miss B

CV-BEE

forum.smithmicro.com

Thanks everyone,
Scott
Thanks for the heads-up Scott, and thanks Chuck for stepping in to clear up how to login on the new forums. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

forum.smithmicro.com

Thanks everyone,
Scott

Thanks very much for the heads up, Scott. It's appreciated. I've been wondering where those forums would be moving to. It's nice to see the Poser forums being hosted by SM and not reliant on other sites to function.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Not stupid but frazzled. Frazzled always makes things worse and occasions swearing on this boat.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Guess I'm just too stupid to figure it out.

Here's how I did it, Earl :

1.) Click the "Login" link at the top right corner at forums.smithmicro :

upload_2016-4-19_1-28-59.png

2.) Now click on "Get a Smith Micro Account."

upload_2016-4-19_1-27-43.png

3.) If you have a Renderosity or Content Paradise account, you can sign up to the forums by using those accounts. If you don't have a Rendo or CP account, then just fill in the text fields and create a new account.

upload_2016-4-19_1-31-4.png

4.) If using your Rendo or CP account to join the SM forums, put in the login information you would use on those sites, on the next page :

upload_2016-4-19_1-32-47.png

5.) The next page will ask you to authorize access. You need to click "Accept" in order to allow the connection (and allow yourself to login to the SM forums using one of these accounts :

upload_2016-4-19_1-33-40.png

6.) Once that's all done, you'll be looking at a page that's rather... devoid of any useful information. There's NO confirmation message on the screen. But at the top of this screen will be a text link that says "Forum." Click that, and you'll be taken back to the SM forums.

7.) Now, you have to actually log in to the SM forums. So look back up to the upper right corner of the screen, and click the "Login" text link again. Again, this is a bit convoluted... but this will take you back to the login page. This time, you want to enter the login information that you signed up with. (So if you linked your Rendo account, then enter your Rendo username and your Rendo password.)

8.) The system will give you an error about an invalid password (if you signed up using a Rendo or CP account). That's fine. There will also be a message that "You may have signed up with a partner account. Click here to change your password." From as near as I can tell, this is not going to change the password on your Rendo or CP account; it's just going to give you a way to set a password for the SM forums. Choose a new password, and click the blue "Save Password" button.

9.) Once again, it's going to get redundant. You're going to be looking at another page asking you about changing your password and saving a new password. Ignore that, and go back up to the top of the window and click on "Forum" again. Now, once AGAIN, click on "Login."

10.) Now, enter the username that you previously set up (if you linked your CP or Rendo accounts, enter that username) and enter the NEW password you just saved.

11.) At this point, you SHOULD see something like this. Click the blue "allow" button.

upload_2016-4-19_1-42-16.png

Once you've done ALL of that (I agree that it's really unnecessarily clunky and convoluted) - but once you've done all of that, you'll be taken back to the forum's main page with all the messages and categories and such. You'll notice that the alerts are all there; there will be an alert showing unread messages, a system generated notice welcoming you to the forums, and... you'll see your reply buttons when you click on a thread.

I think the sign up process could use a little cleaning up - and a couple of the pages could definitely use some clarification. But it does work. Thankfully, you only have to do this process once. After that, you can just go to the forums and login normally...

Hope this helps.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure I "denied" in both cases. I don't mind them access my username and email address, but I was not about to give them access to my orders. That's none of their business.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure I "denied" in both cases. I don't mind them access my username and email address, but I was not about to give them access to my orders. That's none of their business.

Yeah, I saw an option for managing linked accounts... honestly, I wasn't too sure if the dang thing would even work if I'd clicked deny - many sites/forum softwares won't process these sorts of sign-ups without at least first allowing it and then revoking that permission through a manage linked accounts function. I did see such an option on the forums right after logging in.. trying to find it again now.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I hope they can transition the "Official" forums from RDNA to SM without losing any of the threads.

That said, of course, most of them are many years old, so I guess they can just move them from maybe last year forward. I just hope nothing important is lost in the transition.