• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325

Ok so I can see the sense of this from a business point of view but its freaking me the hell out! Like other have said I don't trust Daz at all, I hope it will work for you guys but.......

As a new CA I have to say I am worried about how this will effect my sales as most of what I do is add ons for animals. I had been hopping that as I got more into the store it would help supplement the house hold income, now I am not so sure :(
Don't let me jade you too much - I am very bitter toward Daz3D for many reasons. You may not have the issues arise I did.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Don't let me jade you too much - I am very bitter toward Daz3D for many reasons. You may not have the issues arise I did.
Your not jading me I can do that to my self and am rather pessimistic to boot:p I don't tend to say much but lurk in the background so I see and hear a lot of what goes down so I have my reasons for being a bit freaked out here

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Big Cat plus morphs and texture add-on just hit the DAZ store. The Panther page is missing the correct text, but the promos are all lovely.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ok so I can see the sense of this from a business point of view but its freaking me the hell out! Like other have said I don't trust Daz at all, I hope it will work for you guys but.......

As a new CA I have to say I am worried about how this will effect my sales as most of what I do is add ons for animals. I had been hopping that as I got more into the store it would help supplement the house hold income, now I am not so sure :(

People who previously bought stuff from HiveWire will continue to shop here, so they'll see your add-ons. Your product will be linked to the product page in our store The product page in our store will link to the DAZ page, as I've done a short time ago for the Big Cat products (well, don't have links yet but will ).

People who never shopped here and buy our animals at DAZ fall in 2 categories
-some will know/figure out about HW, and come here, and you'll have sales you wouldn't have had before
-some will buy the animals there and never look elsewhere, but you'd never have gotten those sales anyway!

As noted, the 4 Big Cat products are at DAZ
HW3D | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
cwrw | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Stezza

Dances with Bees
if only there was a free big cat product here in the store ... then we could link to it from Daz.. :devil"

anikad

New-Bee
I hope this works out for you guys. I hope that the larger storefront will make up for the percentage revenue losses. For myself I don't have much need for animals, but I am more likely to buy something here at full price because you don't have deep discounts. Now the big cat has moved to Daz, I won't buy it until it's 60 - 70% off which I suspect won't be long, given all the glitches and sales that go on over there.

dkgoose

I didn't see this thread till just now so was shocked too see them in the newsletter. I already purchased them here but I am kinda tempted to buy them at daz so they'll be in the install manager. Will the preview threads still be here to show progress?

Mendoman

New-Bee
Hello all. I'm little puzzled with these news. Do my old Hivewire cats bought from here work with possible new content/addons bought from Daz Store, or do we have an updated installer we can download from here to update our big cat installations in Daz Studio to tell that we have required product? I'd sure love to have DIM package, if possible, because I mainly use smart content, or even better, somehow inform Daz Store that I already own the product, so I automatically get updates from Install Manager.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hello all. I'm little puzzled with these news. Do my old Hivewire cats bought from here work with possible new content/addons bought from Daz Store, or do we have an updated installer we can download from here to update our big cat installations in Daz Studio to tell that we have required product? I'd sure love to have DIM package, if possible, because I mainly use smart content, or even better, somehow inform Daz Store that I already own the product, so I automatically get updates from Install Manager.

Your old cats work just fine as they are. Read the first Post to find out what is going on.

dkgoose

I'm not gonna lie I am addicted to daz I go on there almost everyday practically, but the amazing animals is really what brought me here, and within the last few months I've gotten the cat, kitten, texture add-ons, horse bundle and add-ons, the big cat and cub and all if not most of the addons for them, dawn and dusk and their head and body morphs and baby Luna which I think was the first figure I bought because I kept looking at her and wanted to buy her for the longest time. So I am kinda excited to see the animals at daz. I even went as far as transferring morphs from g3f and g2f to dawn and dawn to g3f and it gives some different characters. I can't wait to see what is released over there, and as I said I'm tempted to buy the stuff over again at daz, maybe not right now but in time. The cubs and kittens that were missing at daz with their animals were definitely a must buy when I seen them here so hope daz will take a hint.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wow! I come back after a couple of days and what exciting news! I will really have to get a move on learning that Daz-thingy everybody just keeps talking about. You do what you gotta do sweet peeps. If I want to buy any of your critters I will.
I will keep making add-ons for them but they will be only available here at the Hive, like everything else I make. I like it here to much, no pressure, chill, friendly

HiveWire 3D, with your time and contributions and perhaps you feel like this is your home now
Like Lisa said, this is my home. I don't mind visiting the neighbours for coffee but I'm not going to live there.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!
Now I'm walking with that Bowie song in my head LOL

But... as the creators and owners of the HW3D original animals to be published thru DAZ, we have the means to get you any of our content, if you so choose to build for them. So, not to worry really. REALLY!
You sneaky man ROFLLOL

In my experience, dogs are far easier to train than cats! And far less stubborn!!!
You have obviously never tried to train a dachshund have you?!

living incarnation of Eyeore
Awwww,...I loooove Eyeore

Hornet3d

Wise
Ken, my biggest gripe about Dawn and Dusk is the somewhat odd (to me) placement of all morphs under the body, rather than by body section like the other figures. It's also a bit harder to work with because the mesh is denser than Genesis, at base resolution, but I think I can adapt to that.

I respect that view and I have a lot of respect for those that have tried Dawn and for one reason or another have decided it is not the figure for them. I have tried to promote Dawn at every opportunity but always with the intent to try and get others to give Dawn a go and decide for themselves. Trying to ram something down someone's throat is never a good tactic.

I am not wizard, I cannot make my own morphs which was probably why I did not take to the initial Dawn. Luckily for me, when my 3D art was going through a hard patch Hivewire launched Dawn SE and I have never looked back. The renders I have been able to create with her have given me a lot of pleasure and go way beyond what I could have done with V4, even the weight mapped versions. The truth is, if I can do it anybody can and I often ask people to just look at my Dawn renders and ask themselves if it looks as though she does not work in Poser, keeping in mind I have created nothing, just played with a lot of the morphs, textures and content commercially available They may not be great renders in the great scheme of things (why did I put may and not are there) but it proves she works.

I have nothing against those that dislike Dawn for whatever reason, what I do find annoying are those that present lies and half truths as fact. It annoys me, not because it affects the way I use Dawn in any way at all but because it may deprive other artists from trying a figure that they might well come to love very quickly but don't even try because Dawn just does not work in Poser.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
True. Sniffer was a Beagle Vizsla mix which was a handful. Sweet dog, but he had a thing for going on walks by himself. Scared us to death every time he managed to get out because we lived less than a block from major roads.

But even on his worst days, he wasn't anywhere near the handful that Tsuki is!

You have obviously never tried to train a dachshund have you?!

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Think of this - if people already shop at HiveWire and get our newsletters and come to our forums, there's NO difference for them. They will see all the same products as before. They'll see all of the supporting products, and the "required" product will link to our new product page, which will link to where they can buy it.

Sorry, but yes, this is a significant difference for some of us. Because I don't buy from DAZ any more. Not because I'm boycotting them or anything. I just don't, for the same reason most Poser users don't. They don't sell anything new I can use. I go there to look, not buy, and I only go there at all for reference. If I didn't make my own stuff, I'd ignore them entirely. Add in the fact that DAZ's sales always require me getting things I don't want and can't use just to get any discount at all, and I'm personally unlikely to buy anything there for fun.

So yeah, this is essentially to telling me that your animals are more expensive (no reward points) and much less convenient for me to buy. And I wouldn't be surprised if your other Poser customers weren't in a similar boat. This is kind of equivalent to a food site telling its vegan customers that their popular fries and onion rings will be sold exclusively at The Outback steakhouse. :D Sure, some customers will avoid it on principle, but most just won't bother to adjust the entry in their SEP filter that puts irrelevant stuff on the mental ignore list.

But I totally understand why you guys made this choice. DAZ has the widest reach and the highest profile of all the brokerages. You've had those products here for some time, and this will definitely gain new customers for those animals. I just hope we can still buy great original HiveWire3D content here in the future.

That's not the case, this gives HiveWire and its CA access to a larger market, I think of it more as a way to growth for HiveWire and its CA's. More trade will mean more sales for the CAs and that hopefully will keep them wanting to remain here.

You can't say it's an advantage to move a product from _exclusively_ here to _exclusively_ at DAZ and simultaneously say that it's growth for this site. It's not. It's growth for the DAZ site, and a subtraction for this site. This site no longer has the substantial draw of those exclusive animals, and they've been moved to a site where people won't even be shown the full name of this brokerage so as to prevent those products from generating any traffic to this site.

I deeply respect all of the creators behind the HiveWire3D animals. I'm very happy that they have the opportunity to bring their work to even more people. I think that's absolutely great. I have only the barest clue how much time and effort went into the animals, and I'm still blown away by how much everyone involved did. I'm thankful for every dollar they can get in compensation. I'm sure this will make the animals even more lucrative than before, which is wonderful.

But regular HiveWire3D CAs have a smaller market now, as the site's traffic for those very popular products is now redirected to DAZ _and_ presented in a way to hide its connection to this site.

As for voicing the negative with solutions, well, the only solution I could suggest is to not make the animals exclusive to DAZ. Or sell the Poser versions here, if nothing else. Which I'm all but positive is impossible given what little I know about DAZ's policies. So I'm just wanting to be heard, not looking for solutions. :sun:

I guess my main concern is that this seems like it could be a step away from Poser support. You're definitely going to get fewer Poser customers by putting some of your most popular content on a site that is, and has been for some time, deliberately distancing itself from Poser and its users. So it seems like this could be the beginning of a downward spiral in terms of Poser support (less customers = less support = less customers, etc.). I would totally understand if you eventually decide to take the business in a DS only direction (as Glitterati3D said, supporting two totally different pieces of software is a ton of work), but I'd be awfully sad about it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sorry, but yes, this is a significant difference for some of us. Because I don't buy from DAZ any more. Not because I'm boycotting them or anything. I just don't, for the same reason most Poser users don't. They don't sell anything new I can use. I go there to look, not buy, and I only go there at all for reference. If I didn't make my own stuff, I'd ignore them entirely. Add in the fact that DAZ's sales always require me getting things I don't want and can't use just to get any discount at all, and I'm personally unlikely to buy anything there for fun.

So yeah, this is essentially to telling me that your animals are more expensive (no reward points) and much less convenient for me to buy. And I wouldn't be surprised if your other Poser customers weren't in a similar boat. This is kind of equivalent to a food site telling its vegan customers that their popular fries and onion rings will be sold exclusively at The Outback steakhouse. :D Sure, some customers will avoid it on principle, but most just won't bother to adjust the entry in their SEP filter that puts irrelevant stuff on the mental ignore list.

But I totally understand why you guys made this choice. DAZ has the widest reach and the highest profile of all the brokerages. You've had those products here for some time, and this will definitely gain new customers for those animals. I just hope we can still buy great original HiveWire3D content here in the future.

You can't say it's an advantage to move a product from _exclusively_ here to _exclusively_ at DAZ and simultaneously say that it's growth for this site. It's not. It's growth for the DAZ site, and a subtraction for this site. This site no longer has the substantial draw of those exclusive animals, and they've been moved to a site where people won't even be shown the full name of this brokerage so as to prevent those products from generating any traffic to this site.

I deeply respect all of the creators behind the HiveWire3D animals. I'm very happy that they have the opportunity to bring their work to even more people. I think that's absolutely great. I have only the barest clue how much time and effort went into the animals, and I'm still blown away by how much everyone involved did. I'm thankful for every dollar they can get in compensation. I'm sure this will make the animals even more lucrative than before, which is wonderful.

But regular HiveWire3D CAs have a smaller market now, as the site's traffic for those very popular products is now redirected to DAZ _and_ presented in a way to hide its connection to this site.

As for voicing the negative with solutions, well, the only solution I could suggest is to not make the animals exclusive to DAZ. Or sell the Poser versions here, if nothing else. Which I'm all but positive is impossible given what little I know about DAZ's policies. So I'm just wanting to be heard, not looking for solutions. :sun:

I guess my main concern is that this seems like it could be a step away from Poser support. You're definitely going to get fewer Poser customers by putting some of your most popular content on a site that is, and has been for some time, deliberately distancing itself from Poser and its users. So it seems like this could be the beginning of a downward spiral in terms of Poser support (less customers = less support = less customers, etc.). I would totally understand if you eventually decide to take the business in a DS only direction (as Glitterati3D said, supporting two totally different pieces of software is a ton of work), but I'd be awfully sad about it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, It's both the exclusivity and the branding that bugs the crap out of me. I got no beef with DAZ. I'd feel the same way if instead of DAZ it was Rendo. I understand the exclusitvity is just a DAZ thing, and I'd probably let it slide if it weren't for the branding thing. See, by not being able to be identified as Hivewire3D, HW3D becomes just another DAZ vendor, and DAZ gets to lay claim to bragging rights for having the best animal figures around. That just don't sit right with me.:cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.