• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ohhhh, thank goodness...I've always had live links to HiveWire store's animals (and other HW products) on my personal website gallery pages! I was worried about having to edit all those! Now I see I don't have to worry about that! Whew!!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Fairest way to handle it, since "issues" can delay hard release dates.

They can indeed. I try NOT to say soon, as there always used to be a joke in the old days at DAZ about DAZSoon...cause sometimes "Soon" meant months, lol

Ohhhh, thank goodness...I've always had live links to HiveWire store's animals (and other HW products) on my personal website gallery pages! I was worried about having to edit all those! Now I see I don't have to worry about that! Whew!!

You won't have to worry about that. There will actually be NEW product pages. We have to do that in order to maintain the original ones for people who purchased the products from us to be able to re-download. However (crosses fingers), I'm setting it up so that when you click a link that was to the old product page, it'll go to the new one, which will link to the product page at DAZ as soon as we have those links.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze, when I went to sleep last night (early this morning) there was only 1 page in this thread, and now here we are on page 7.

Anyway, it's going to take me a while to formulate my comments, as I've read all 7 pages and have some things to say, but I just wanted to state at this point . . . thanks everyone for being able to state your concerns without turning this into derogatory comments about DAZ. I look forward to hearing from more folks as they learn the news.

They can indeed. I try NOT to say soon, as there always used to be a joke in the old days at DAZ about DAZSoon...cause sometimes "Soon" meant months, lol.

It's still a running joke on the DAZ3D forums, as it happens. Some things do end up getting delayed for whatever reason.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I don't think they've required PAs who sell at DAZ to use a different name than what they use at other stores. I don't have as much confidence that DAZ customers will realize that HW3D = HiveWire 3D. .

Just a quick FYI (fwiw:)- I will be selling at Daz under CWRW, so that will not be changing.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
It's still a running joke on the DAZ3D forums, as it happens. Some things do end up getting delayed for whatever reason.

Yep, they do indeed. I think I've actually seen a copyright mark on that DAZSoon ;)).

eclark1894

Visionary
Thank you, Ken. I too will be glad your horse products will be sold here first.

Earl, once the HiveWire animals are in the DAZ store, they will no longer be available here.

Like Hornet, I'd be less worried if the HiveWire animals were still available here too. The exclusivity requirement, more than not allowing HiveWire to sell as HiveWire, bothers me. That's the big red flag to me. I also much prefer to support HiveWire directly than through a company I don't want to support.
Okay, then. Yeah, that could be a problem.:cautious:
:cautious:
:cautious::cautious:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, I am just glad I haven't done any animal supporting products. I do have the Dawn riding outfit in the pipeline, but I'll likely not release it now. Definitely not in the store, perhaps as a freebie. I'm undecided.

I feel for the CAs who have done supporting products, like all the animal poses and would feel like I had been served with divorce papers this morning if it were me.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Think of this - if people already shop at HiveWire and get our newsletters and come to our forums, there's NO difference for them. They will see all the same products as before. They'll see all of the supporting products, and the "required" product will link to our new product page, which will link to where they can buy it.

If they never came here before, buy at DAZ and never find us, well, it's not like they WOULD have bought any supporting products before, right?

If they never came here before, and DO find us, they'll be potential customers the CAs would never have had before.

So, hopefully it's a win for our CAs as well.

Better supported products mean people talking about products in the various forums..

"Gee, where can I get a riding outfit for figures to go with this cool horse I just discovered???" " Pssst, try HiveWire, there's a new one there for Dawn".

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
"Gee, where can I get a riding outfit for figures to go with this cool horse I just discovered???" " Pssst, try HiveWire, there's a new one there for Dawn".

That customer base is using Genesis, not Dawn. They're looking for a riding outfit for Genesis.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm torn. I want this to be a positive thing for Chris, Lisa and Hivewire. At the same time, people with add ons for those products who don't want to sell at DAZ are at a disavantage if they're NOT also selling at DAZ. After all, no one who buys the animal products there will know to come here for the add-ons.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm torn. I want this to be a positive thing for Chris, Lisa and Hivewire. At the same time, people with add ons for those products who don't want to sell at DAZ are at a disavantage if they're NOT also selling at DAZ. After all, no one who buys the animal products there will know to come here for the add-ons.

Same here.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
That customer base is using Genesis, not Dawn. They're looking for a riding outfit for Genesis.

You seem determined to look at this negatively try thinking a bit more positively about the extra trade this will bring to HiveWire and its CAs. Maybe there aren't many using Dawn etc at daz at the moment but there's no reason why they might not be more prepared to give them a try after seeing the quality of the Animals produced here.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE

Once the Animals are released (actually there's no reason not to do it now) a render/discussion thread can be started in the Commons at Daz and then you can make people aware of what addons are available here.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
You seem determined to look at this negatively try thinking a bit more positively about the extra trade this will bring to HiveWire and its CAs. Maybe there aren't many using Dawn etc at daz at the moment but there's no reason why they might not be more prepared to give them a try after seeing the quality of the Animals produced here.

Call me a pessimist........I'll believe that when I see it.

Someone is already over at DAZ badmouthing the HW cat.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What makes you so sure that can't change in the future?

Exactly!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Call me a pessimist........I'll believe that when I see it.

Laurie is already over at DAZ badmouthing the HW cat.

She has merely said to her there is something off about it, and made it quite clear it's her opinion, she is also saying that she loves Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.