• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Will there be an official announcement on Fb, Twitter and more importantly on DAZ3D forums for this bridge that's been built between both companies or do we have to keep our mouths shut for the time being? LOL
From what I understand, DAZ's Monday morning email (usually just after midnight my time, so 3 hours earlier for you) is supposedly going to announce it with the cat products, but that could be delayed because they didn't get it into the store in time to do it this week. As far as on their forum, haven't been there (except in the Bryce forum) for years, so have no idea.

eclark1894

Visionary
I know there will be some folks, for their own personal reasons, that will REFUSE to shop at DAZ3D... so it's too bad you couldn't work out a deal with DAZ to allow for the initial 10 days to be sold at both places to give those that shop here a chance to grab the new products before they go permanently to DAZ.
I don't hate DAZ. I browse there every now and then, even post to the forum on occasion. I rarely buy anything though. Most of the stuff in my library is from DAZ, but I rarely see anything nowadays that makes me sit up and take notice, and usually if it does, it's either for Genesis or DS only. So there's not much point in me shopping there.

eclark1894

Visionary
Will there be an official announcement on Fb, Twitter and more importantly on DAZ3D forums for this bridge that's been built between both companies or do we have to keep our mouths shut for the time being? LOL
Someone's already started a thread in the Commons. It's be interesting to see if it stays or remains unchanged as they use HiveWire's full name.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The only question I have :
If I do supporting content for those animals, do I have to sell it at Daz? Because if I do, I'm not going to bother selling that content, and I will just make it freebies. I won't sell for them, I'm sorry.

Of COURSE not !

We hope our CAs will continue to make supporting content to sell at HiveWire. The people who normally shop here will, of course, see it, as will anyone who wanders over from ... other places that may not have ever seen it!

We have every intention of supporting our awesome CAs and our awesome customers!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Of COURSE not !

We hope our CAs will continue to make supporting content to sell at HiveWire. The people who normally shop here will, of course, see it, as will anyone who wanders over from ... other places that may not have ever seen it!

We have every intention of supporting our awesome CAs and our awesome customers!!

Thanks. That's a relief. :) LOL Much appreciated, Alisa.

James R.

Busy Bee
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

I understand that a lot of the fears stated here have been stated by Poser users, like myself. After all, there is a lot of anxiety about Poser's future at the moment, so changes like this can feel threatening.

And there is still a lot of negative emotion towards DAZ for their decisions both recent and ancient, and not just in regard to Poser. So I understand why this is making people freak out a bit.

But I also understand business decisions. I know that these decisions weren't spur-of-the-moment, nor were they easy.

Thanks, Chris and Lisa, for trying to set our minds at ease.
I wish the Hivewire team every success!:bee:

D

Deleted member 325

Been gone dealing with my dad's medical stuff - came back to find this.
Don't like it.
Guess it means I can't support the Hivewire3d animal line anymore. That's unfortunate.

eclark1894

Visionary
Been gone dealing with my dad's medical stuff - came back to find this.
Don't like it.
Guess it means I can't support the Hivewire3d animal line anymore. That's unfortunate.
No, it doesn't mean that at all. I'm uneasy about it all as well, but I want to continue to support Hivewire. Just as long as they don't start developing Hivewire 3D graphics suite.:sneaky:

D

Deleted member 325

No, it doesn't mean that at all. I'm uneasy about it all as well, but I want to continue to support Hivewire. Just as long as they don't start developing Hivewire 3D graphics suite.:sneaky:
I do not now, nor will I ever again shop at Daz3d. So they will be unavailable to me.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just have to reiterate.... HiveWire (forum and store) ARE/IS MY HOME on the net.... I feel safe here... because of the PEOPLE who make up this world... Once in a while over the years, when I just HAVE to have an item, I sign in at DAZ, grab it, and scamper off "home"! ;) I'm very glad our forum and gallery(s) will continue (I'd assume) - again a part of home! :)

I just ask one thing... keep products coming out HERE, and I'll keep throwing my cash at you! hee hee! There is simply NO MATCH for the quality of product- which reflects the quality of the creators behind them! :)

and yes, what I was talking about in my first post, I'm looking forward the LAURIE'S (CWRW's) B/W house cat maps!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
You won't have to worry about that. There will actually be NEW product pages. We have to do that in order to maintain the original ones for people who purchased the products from us to be able to re-download. However (crosses fingers), I'm setting it up so that when you click a link that was to the old product page, it'll go to the new one, which will link to the product page at DAZ as soon as we have those links.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, ALISA!! I know it will be a LOT of work, but I SOOO appreciate it! :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Lyne, we certainly understand your concerns about the need to keep content moving forward and available at HiveWire. This is indeed our plan and wishes as well.

We feel we can excel with our human figures and our animals also. This is what we do well. But still add to that what Lisa has created with her Botanicals, that will continue to be available only at our HiveWire store.

D

Deleted member 325

But... as the creators and owners of the HW3D original animals to be published thru DAZ, we have the means to get you any of our content, if you so choose to build for them. So, not to worry really. REALLY!
That is good to hear. I can not help but worry - it is my nature (wish I were kidding...living incarnation of Eyeore and all that). Things have not gone well for me for a while, so it is hard for me to be positive. Many do not understand, and it is honestly not by choice for me.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Ok so I can see the sense of this from a business point of view but its freaking me the hell out! Like other have said I don't trust Daz at all, I hope it will work for you guys but.......

As a new CA I have to say I am worried about how this will effect my sales as most of what I do is add ons for animals. I had been hopping that as I got more into the store it would help supplement the house hold income, now I am not so sure :(

Status
Not open for further replies.