• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I totally accept they are getting some great figures and that it will help their bottom line, Hivewire will loose on each sale but that could well be compensated by more sales. I just find it at odds with the stance that they can do without Poser customers, they may never have never stated but action soften speak louder than words. The same was said with the RDNA takeover but I see no evidence that it improved the situation for Poser users and lots of evidence it just removed a load of content that was otherwise available to them. DS users will clearly benefit I am just no so sure Poser users will in the long run but, despite my concerns, I will try and keep an open mind.

Vendors choice; many folks that sold at RDNA did not want to move to DAZ3D, for likely the same reasons Ken won't move his birds there, so they went to Renderosity or other sites instead. And some vendors will chose to pull older products from stores at various times because they don't like the quality difference between those old products and what they are making now; I know that Aeon-Soul (Aery Soul) has done that several times in the past.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
But having just a glimpse into the level of work it is to create for Poser and DAZ Studio and now FOUR render engines, I can understand why some DAZ PAs have gone that route, and why some of our CAs here only create for one or the other.

I have to make a small correction here, Alisa........with the single exception of skins for characters, Superfly does not require special materials.

Everything I purchase from DAZ renders just fine in Superfly without materials changes - but I don't purchase characters there either.

However, there is a huge difference in Superfly vs. Iray materials requirements and I don't think we should perpetuate a myth that it takes as much work to make Superfly compatible materials for anything other than skin/eyes, etc.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Alisa. I haven't had my morning chai yet (and have been awake since 3:30 am), so it took me a few minutes to figure out your replies were hidden within the quotes.

It doesn't help that Tsuki is STILL being a pain. I guess it really upset her yesterday that she couldn't get to the neighbor on his balcony. Really UNCOOL of her that I am not enough! I clean her litter box. Feed her. Brush her (when she will stay still long enough), snuggle with her when I'm at the computer (which is the only time she wants to snuggle), turn on the faucet in the bathroom sink every time I go in there so she can drink running water (even though I provide her a water fountain), share my yogurt with her (turns out she absolutely loves yogurt), as well as cantaloupe and tuna (tuna I figured ... cantaloupe was a surprise). AND STILL she cries when there is some guy out on his balcony!

As if ... I'm a piece of liver!

Ok ... the 1984 reference stumps me. What's that about?!? Or is it a reference to posts being pulled without explanation (which happened to me several times when I dared utter the name Dawn) and Orwell's 1984?

I have a similar relationship with my dog, very pampered but he still wants to be stroked by everyone when he is on a walk and would go with anyone that had food.

Doesn't it give you a warm feeling when you can have your posts withdrawn for mentioning something as revolutionary as Dawn.

Hornet3d

Wise
Vendors choice; many folks that sold at RDNA did not want to move to DAZ3D, for likely the same reasons Ken won't move his birds there, so they went to Renderosity or other sites instead. And some vendors will chose to pull older products from stores at various times because they don't like the quality difference between those old products and what they are making now; I know that Aeon-Soul (Aery Soul) has done that several times in the past.

Yep I accept all that but, at the time, some claimed it was a effort for Daz to encourage more Poser customers. I am not sure if the claim was true or not but if it was, they missed their target by a mile, for all of the reasons you have given above and a few more besides.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I will be moving some of my animal related products over to Daz,
1. Because I want to show that our animals have support.
2. To reestablish myself as a brand over there as so few folks there now know who I am since I left (amicably) back in 2012, 3. Also since the animal bases will be sold as by HW3D I will not be credited there with my part in them, so again I would like to reestablish my own branding there. (and hopefully drive some traffic back here as well:)

For now it will either be older products that are "ready to go"/don't need updating such as my Pose Packs for Harry and the Foal and I may move some of the newer ones that are SF and iRay ready as support for Harry there. I have not fully decided yet. My Harry Wing add on texture sets will go wherever the Wings go (just logical) as they get completed. (I WILL be doing the matching sets for the breed morphs first). At this point I have not decided where my future CWRW products will end up. Only time will tell:)

All of my Dusk related products will be staying here at the Hive.

I am and will be updating ALL older Harry products to include Superfly and Iray MATs, starting with the breed morphs and tack. Once those are done I will start on updating my own add on sets. All will be available to those of you who have bought them here regardless of which store they eventually end up in.

Thanks so much for all your support!!
Laurie

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL, Satira, about Tsuki. Ungrateful animals! Really - she likes cantaloupe?? Nah, if you were a piece of liver, you'd have her full attention :)

Vendors choice; many folks that sold at RDNA did not want to move to DAZ3D, for likely the same reasons Ken won't move his birds there, so they went to Renderosity or other sites instead.

Like here :)

VendorsAnd some vendors will chose to pull older products from stores at various times because they don't like the quality difference between those old products and what they are making now; I know that Aeon-Soul (Aery Soul) has done that several times in the past.

Lots of vendors do. Sad, to me, because while they may not be up to what the vendor feels they should be, often they are things the customers want.

Oh, and welcome to the Hive, Daywalker!

I have to make a small correction here, Alisa........with the single exception of skins for characters, Superfly does not require special materials.

Everything I purchase from DAZ renders just fine in Superfly without materials changes - but I don't purchase characters there either.

However, there is a huge difference in Superfly vs. Iray materials requirements and I don't think we should perpetuate a myth that it takes as much work to make Superfly compatible materials for anything other than skin/eyes, etc.

Can't speak to how much work it is to support Iray vs Superfly, Traci, so you may well be right, but we've definitely had products submitted here that were intended to work in Superfly that needed tweaking. You can sort of make some things work in Iray, too, by applying the included Iray preset in DAZ Studio, but again, they often need tweaking. But just to create for 2 different programs alone is a lot of work, right?

I am and will be updating ALL older Harry products to include Superfly and Iray MATs, starting with the breed morphs and tack. Once those are done I will start on updating my own add on sets. All will be available to those of you who have bought them here regardless of which store they eventually end up in.

And that's something I think we can all be excited about!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You know ... that's most likely true. I was thinking I'd seen products at DAZ that were also available direct from the PA's own website. But it could be those were only links to the DAZ product page. Is HiveWire an exception where a product doesn't have to be exclusive?

I guess the sticking point for me is how DAZ has treated HiveWire to date. I don't think they've required PAs who sell at DAZ to use a different name than what they use at other stores. I don't have as much confidence that DAZ customers will realize that HW3D = HiveWire 3D. Kinda like how so many DAZ customers have no clue there are other stores ... or that Dawn has been around since 2013.

I'm not sure if ANY products sold at DAZ (looking as a customer there) are allowed to be sold elsewhere. I don't know of any that are. Not everyone sells exclusively there, but what they DO sell there isn't sold at any other stores, as far as I've ever seen.

That's one way to look at it Hornet! It's just always before when I'd had a post pulled, there was an email explaining why. Then suddenly, posts disappeared, even when the ONLY objectionable thing in that post was one word ... Dawn.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
What about add ons for animals? Do those stay here or do they go to Daz or do you put them in both places?

Poser in one location and Daz in another?

Hornet3d

Wise
That's one way to look at it Hornet! It's just always before when I'd had a post pulled, there was an email explaining why. Then suddenly, posts disappeared, even when the ONLY objectionable thing in that post was one word ... Dawn.

I don't care who is running the forums, in my book it is a common courtesy to explain why you are removing a post or thread, how else change their behavior, if indeed their behavior needs changing. It is like training a dog, you reward the behavior you want and discourage that you don't and, you have to be consistent. We all need to know where the boundaries are, even if we don't agree, if we are going to get along.

I don't care who is running the forums, in my book it is a common courtesy to explain why you are removing a post or thread, how else change their behavior, if indeed their behavior needs changing. It is like training a dog, you reward the behavior you want and discourage that you don't and, you have to be consistent. We all need to know where the boundaries are, even if we don't agree, if we are going to get along.

I don't know if it's been a somewhat recent change to how they moderate, but any time I've ever had a post removed, I've always gotten a notification from the forum moderation team that it's been removed and why; usually it's because other posts I've quoted have been deleted, but on occasion it's been something I've posted.

Edit: I think if it does contain discussion of content from other stores it may get deleted under certain circumstances, as they don't want discussion of products that aren't sold there. I know I've seen posts deleted from the PA products forum if they don't end up being sold at DAZ.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
What about add ons for animals? Do those stay here or do they go to Daz or do you put them in both places?

Only the HiveWire owned products and a few of Lauries are moving to DAZ.

Everything else stays at the Hive! And we hope to have more addons coming our way!!

You know ... that's most likely true. I was thinking I'd seen products at DAZ that were also available direct from the PA's own website. But it could be those were only links to the DAZ product page. Is HiveWire an exception where a product doesn't have to be exclusive?

Yes, those are links to the DAZ Store, which we'll be doing with our animal products, so if people come here to buy things, they'll know where to get the Animals.

I think it's different at different stores. Not sure about what RDNA did. At Rendo and HW, some products are exclusive, others aren't, but I think that's always been the case at DAZ, that they're exclusive there. Likewise, I don't think DAZ will have products at their store that require products sold elsewhere, while Rendo and HiveWire do.

It is like training a dog, you reward the behavior you want and discourage that you don't and, you have to be consistent. We all need to know where the boundaries are, even if we don't agree, if we are going to get along.

*mutters to myself that I really should put away that whip....*

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Can't speak to how much work it is to support Iray vs Superfly, Traci, so you may well be right, but we've definitely had products submitted here that were intended to work in Superfly that needed tweaking. You can sort of make some things work in Iray, too, by applying the included Iray preset in DAZ Studio, but again, they often need tweaking. But just to create for 2 different programs alone is a lot of work, right?

It is a lot of work to create for 2 different programs. Something I don't do at all. And, I give credit to folks who work hard to do so much.

But, the bottom line is simple - other than characters/figures, like the Big Cat - Superfly specific materials are not required. Here's an example. I just purchased this Jack Tomalin set last week in that sale I mentioned above. This is rendered using his "Load All" Poser preset in Superfly. I changed no materials, made no changes at all - load, open the doors, and render in Superfly.
DecoViginettePoserMaterials.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I really, really need that cup of Chai :p

Fending off a cat who wants behind my monitor while trying to type is proving to be rather difficult. What IS it about that tiny bit of space between my monitor and the wall that is so attractive? She managed to get behind the monitor Friday ... and then was rather stuck. Head down ... with nowhere to go. There isn't a lot of wiggle space either for moving the monitor, especially with my work laptop in front of the monitor. On one side is the wire cage protecting the UPS from her. The other side is the router. Needless to say, she was one extremely indignant cat by the time I managed to pull her out from behind the monitor. I guess I should have just left her there, but I don't trust her (still) not to chew on cables.

In my experience, dogs are far easier to train than cats! And far less stubborn!!!

Funny story ... I ordered a pair of Glerups felt wool slippers from Amazon which arrived Friday. My feet get SO cold in the winter and when the AC is on, but covering them with a blanket only results in someone attacking my feet. Socks tend to slip off my feet unless I'm wearing shoes, but I hate wearing shoes once I'm home from work. The Glerups sounded perfect (and they are fabulous!)

So ... Saturday morning I get up, and one slipper is right where it should be ... right in front of the couch. The other?!? Missing! Seems Tsuki likes them as much as I do. I found the missing slipper beside the couch, where she must have carried it to. Had she been a dog, the slipper would probably be chewed to bits. I guess felted wool slippers aren't all that much different from felted toy balls ... or her felt cave.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't know if it's been a somewhat recent change to how they moderate, but any time I've ever had a post removed, I've always gotten a notification from the forum moderation team that it's been removed and why; usually it's because other posts I've quoted have been deleted, but on occasion it's been something I've posted.

Edit: I think if it does contain discussion of content from other stores it may get deleted under certain circumstances, as they don't want discussion of products that aren't sold there. I know I've seen posts deleted from the PA products forum if they don't end up being sold at DAZ.

That's fair and it is so difficult to moderate, but I would rather see some moderation than none at all.

Lots of vendors do. Sad, to me, because while they may not be up to what the vendor feels they should be, often they are things the customers want.

Oh, and welcome to the Hive, Daywalker!

Thanks Alisa. Nice folks here, and I may dig out my copy of Dawn and see what I can make for her.

Hornet3d

Wise
I really, really need that cup of Chai :p

Fending off a cat who wants behind my monitor while trying to type is proving to be rather difficult. What IS it about that tiny bit of space between my monitor and the wall that is so attractive? She managed to get behind the monitor Friday ... and then was rather stuck. Head down ... with nowhere to go. There isn't a lot of wiggle space either for moving the monitor, especially with my work laptop in front of the monitor. On one side is the wire cage protecting the UPS from her. The other side is the router. Needless to say, she was one extremely indignant cat by the time I managed to pull her out from behind the monitor. I guess I should have just left her there, but I don't trust her (still) not to chew on cables.

In my experience, dogs are far easier to train than cats! And far less stubborn!!!

Funny story ... I ordered a pair of Glerups felt wool slippers from Amazon which arrived Friday. My feet get SO cold in the winter and when the AC is on, but covering them with a blanket only results in someone attacking my feet. Socks tend to slip off my feet unless I'm wearing shoes, but I hate wearing shoes once I'm home from work. The Glerups sounded perfect (and they are fabulous!)

So ... Saturday morning I get up, and one slipper is right where it should be ... right in front of the couch. The other?!? Missing! Seems Tsuki likes them as much as I do. I found the missing slipper beside the couch, where she must have carried it to. Had she been a dog, the slipper would probably be chewed to bits. I guess felted wool slippers aren't all that much different from felted toy balls ... or her felt cave.

I think your right, dogs are easier but there are a few downsides in comparison with cats.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Only the HiveWire owned products and a few of Lauries are moving to DAZ.

Everything else stays at the Hive! And we hope to have more addons coming our way!!*

I dunno seems your are kind of missing your platform audience leaving them in one location without the main product being there anymore, but ok.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

That is totally up to the individual vendor here if they want to sell at HW or Daz. There is NO requirement whatsoever to move supported animal products add ons to Daz. It is a purely individual choice on the part of CAs. I am only moving some of my products for the reasons stated in my earlier post. And if I do move any older products to Daz, that will ONLY happen once it has been updated.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I got ya, but ...... would really love to do some breed morphs for the horse and stylized morphs that are not included in what is available currently and possibly like head and body morphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.