• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

YUGE GAME CHANGER in DAZ STUDIO in beta right now

eclark1894

Visionary
I assuming that's meant for users to do, not modelers? Is there someway to do it like Poser and just select the areas you want to adjust the weightmaps on?

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I think that if you use the transfer utility on the garment to make it conform, then go to the surfaces tab and turn down the dynamics strength to zero for the buttons and anything else you want to not drape, then the buttons will stay rigid and follow the path of the cloth (assuming, as I haven't tried it)

I couldn't work out a way to 'constrain' parts within the drape and assume that is why they tell you to conform the garment first so that anything you 'unclothify' will act as though it's conforming.

I don't think you need to worry all that much about editing the weightmaps as the draping takes over and sorts all the kinks out.
One thing you have to remember when making garments is the surfaces and what would be needed when you eventually drape, ie, make areas of the garment a specific material zone if it needs to act differently during the draping process.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Correct. Say you have a shirt with buttons or a lace up front... just make sure the draping for the "bodice" part of the shirt is either off or turned way down but leave the sleeves on full drape. You can also make a temporary weight map and set the fill to zero so there is no draping allowed for areas you don't want affected so buttons would stay in place and not melt.... I think Mada's vid explains things very nicely. Not tried any of that as of yet but I'm excited to use this new engine on my "Groovy Bells" for Dusk I put away a while back. They might see the light of day after all! :)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Loveit Dress refitted in Marvellous designer and draped in DAZ, I conformed only down to the hip and turned down the dynamic strength on the bodice only to zero, allowing it to conform. Still have a long way to go on editing weightmaps, :( Well, at least it didn't explode.

upload_2017-10-17_17-27-19.png

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
If you give it some baked beans, it will have :)

To answer you seriously. I can't see anything, but there is something in the sim settings called air resistance, but not altered that and that could be anything, like air dampening. I know poser has wind, but I always used to move the model, or twist her in the draping process to get what I wanted as its much easier and I've tried that in DAZ and it works fine.

Remember this is still beta and they have already released an update to the beta with fixes, so there still may be more to do. I wouldn't be surprised if some super duper delux plugin comes out in store to manipulate the dforce further.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Here is the same dress, I turned the body shaped up on the voluptuous in the final frame, so she grew curvy as the sim progressed. The bodice dynamic strength was changed from zero to 50% to allow for the shaping around the bust area. then smoothing turned back on. No morphs in dress to fix the boob crease

I chose to add lace on skirt so you could see what was being conformed/partially conformed (bodice)

upload_2017-10-17_18-35-34.png

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
'Yes you can DS has fans. Create->New dForce wind node. NT.'

'Crosspost :)add a wind node from the - Create>New dforce Wind Node'

YAY! \o/

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
last lot before bed,

First one on voluptuous shape, two layers on one garment. Top to dress was confroming with 50% dynamic strength, rest of dress is 100% Dyn strength

Second one on basic shape, The short dress is just conforming, no draping. My Flamenco Bolero altered in MD to fit Gen8f. The frill around the neck went flat. Need to stiffen that up a bit or maybe leave it as conforming? the bands around the arms and the bolero jacket main part are only 20% dynamic strength with conforming

upload_2017-10-18_2-0-42.png

upload_2017-10-18_2-0-57.png

eclark1894

Visionary
On one hand I'm hearing you have to weight paint the material and on the other I'm hearing you have tto turn up the dynamic strength, so I'm a little confused about what and how you do it. can someone post a screen grab of the controls so i can see what they're like?

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Dynamic strength - property of a surface, in the Surface tab. Does not accept maps.
dForce Modifier Weight Node - property of a mesh, deep inside interface with all the weight maps.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I applied the dforce dynamics by clicking on the little arrow and lines with the Simulation Tab open and selected, the dforce and Add dforce Modifier - Dynamic surface. I left the settings at default for this, I did have to use a bit of smoothing after simulation as there was a bit of poke thru. I parented the dress to G3F and just sort of maneuvered it kinda into place before posing my character then hit simulation.

I've been playing about with it since Tuesday but as I've been working I've not had enough time to really get into the ins and outs of it, had a few explosions and errors but it does seem as if its going to be pretty straightforward to use, you can add a wind gizmo from the Create menu, haven't had a chance to try that yet.
Personally I'm thrilled that we have finally got this, now anything can be draped for a better fit
Me too! Thanks for the response!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Dug into my own home made clothing stuff that I've still not released as it all needs more work. Perhaps I'll really dig back in now that we have D-Force. So here is the Ren Tunic Outfit for Dusk. I really love how the belt and the tunic draped but there is this separation in the back of the shirt so not sure how to fix that. REALLY love the sleeve folds! YUMMY!

Any one got any suggestions?

Thanks!

Red Outfit for Dusk BACK.png

Red Outfit for Dusk FRONT.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Also the Robe for Dawn... the sleeves should have draped nicely down but instead I got what I'm calling "fins" ... Another issue I need to resolve..... I have so many outfits that I never released because I just couldn't get a more natural flow to the cloth. I think this may be my solution but need to figure out if I need to remodel parts or what to get this all to work as expected....

Dawn Magic Robe - FINS.png