• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
PC+ Anniversary is going on right now.

And for members, all of those sets and texture add-ons were $1.99 when they came out. And I think it's only the newer stuff that has the higher prices.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There was no animal stuff in the 1930s carnival series. Sixus 1's Cirque Macabre had animal stuff, but not the DAZ carnival. Although I think the Big Top Interior had a ring in which animal acts could be performed. I believe there were some pose sets wth the DAZ Horse2. But mostly it was human-related sets and props. This was done with mostly the DAZ Carnival sets. I think the food booth over in the far left background was from somewhere else, but I can't remember where. You can see Sixus 1's partial roller coaster in the background.

This was done for my Art 501 final: Irritation, Subversion, Anachronism. We were to d images representing one of the three. This one is "Carnival Horsies, all enacted by Daddy"

horsies.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
For a carnival, yes that would be true, but I'm thinking more a circus, and that always has horses and elephants, and what not, so I would be more inclined to think about a large tent for that sort of render.

BTW, that's a really nice render you did for the class. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thanks! The file (both of them) was *really* heavy, and reached the point of lagging like crazy when I tried to maneuver the camera. But it rendered in something under an hour and a half.

The background was a separate file from the carousel foreground. But I can tell you it was a heady experience to be able to build and render a scene with 16(!) Genesis figures, when I'd never been able to put more than 5 gen4 figures in a scene and have it render. And usually had to drop to 4 not to have it quit on me.

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW, only an hour and a half for that scene? That's not bad at all, and yes all those figures would probably crash my poor laptop.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, it was something like that. Of course, there are no transparencies to juggle in the background file, for all the fact that by the time everything was in it was fairly poly-heavy. I kept the files (although I've not attempted to open them, and since I reorganized my content libraries since I did these, there'd be all kinds of missing files to locate) and the background file was something like 13+MB which is pretty good sized for a DAZ file. The carousel with all the figures is something like 52MB, but the only thing which would give any rendering issues was the mirror panels on the central pillar, and the children's wigs. With the carousel roof there weren't even that many shadows to have to calculate.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I think the PC club sale is coming up. Probably worth a one month membership to buy this stuff.

Hmmm! Pass on that I think. As one of the many people who refuse to line their coffers for any reason, I can save a whole 100% which leaves me more to spend at the Hive, including our eagerly anticipated Dog! :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, if you don't support a company, you don't support a company.

In my scene I just upped the Ambient to 100% on all the lightbulbs. They aren't emissive. I think there may be a way to do emissive in 3Dlight. But it probably would have come at a heavy cost in render time.

Hey, I only just figured out the point of instances, and that you can go to the Edit menu and duplicate something that's in your scene instead of having to reload it and start over again with configuring and placing it.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yeah, if you don't support a company, you don't support a company.

In my scene I just upped the Ambient to 100% on all the lightbulbs. They aren't emissive. I think there may be a way to do emissive in 3Dlight. But it probably would have come at a heavy cost in render time.

Hey, I only just figured out the point of instances, and that you can go to the Edit menu and duplicate something that's in your scene instead of having to reload it and start over again with configuring and placing it.

Short, but dismissive but what the heck! However, none of the last few posts has answered Cliff's original query about props used by and for working with animals. At least thats the way I interpreted it. The big top aside I would guess that the answer is no! It would have been nice though to see those images in the 'I just wanted to post an image thread' rather than here!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well elephants and circuses...

It's been so long since I saw a trained elephant act that I cannot remember what props were used. I'm pretty sure there were some, but I think it would mostly be poses, wouldn't it?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, and I seem to remember, because it's been a long time since Ringling Bros. was here, so there might have been a sort of headdress for the elephants, but I don't recall if there was ever a leash attached. I think the folks who worked with them just had them walking in single file. At least that's what I remember.

OK, speaking of Ringling Bros., here's a photo of what I'm talking about. It looks like the men walking along with them are holding some sort of stick/wand, which may be what they use to keep them in line if they wander.

CircusElephants.jpg

I've seen pictures of other elephants with simpler headdresses, but that's about all it seems they have on.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm pretty sure that kind of thing was used in circus parades historically. It's artwork, certainly, but it was based on something.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
the pc+ sale is on now. And I think the carnival stuff is on sale. On phone so can't check