• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Women wear the stupidest clothes...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I guess it's safe to say we all know what NOT to make in 3D?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I didn't say that most women don't have either good sense or at least some modesty. But as you said, Designers, (mostly male) come up with this stuff. Somewhere out there, some woman is willing to buy this crap just because that particular designer made it. Same kind of mentality that have women wanting to buy handbags or shoes for exorbitant prices, just because a particular designer made them. Don't get me wrong though, even though women seem to be the most prevalent, I know that there are men out there that do the same thing. If not for clothes, then for toys and gadgets.

I saw a similar fashion show runway video with men wearing .... I don't know what ... but my chin was on the floor. everything was so anti-masculine. I think it's all marketing and creating a "buzz" around their name even if it means a negative buzz. It's likely the same for fashions designers as it is for us here in the 3D world. Competition, brand recognition, inspiring a purchase ... I wonder how it worked for them? Based on comments here, not very well, but who knows?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@LisaB. yes, I saw that video too and it made me laugh till tears ran down my face.
Designers are being ridiculous on men's and women's fashions.
Personally I have never tried to do what they call "fashionable" as I'd rather dress in what suits me and is comfortable.
Even in my teens I dressed for me, not fashion.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We've got to remember not all the clothes in a "fashion show" are meant to be worn "on the streets". There are some shows just about that, but others its about creativity (and we all know that is subjective) and "fashion as an art piece" like the table photo on the other page.
And of course what goes out on a runway will most likely have some slight modifications so its wearable on the streets (although some celebrities will wear the runway version for the shock factor).

eclark1894

Visionary
We've got to remember not all the clothes in a "fashion show" are meant to be worn "on the streets". There are some shows just about that, but others its about creativity (and we all know that is subjective) and "fashion as an art piece" like the table photo on the other page.
And of course what goes out on a runway will most likely have some slight modifications so its wearable on the streets (although some celebrities will wear the runway version for the shock factor).
And they should be immediately put on a mental watch list.:sneaky:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@eclark...:roflmao:
Send the fashion police after them to arrest them for doing those designs. :laugh:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Then too ... this could be rather moderate compared to some crinoline dresses during the Victorian era. Although it might seem like a fictional cozy mystery, Death by Crinoline was a real thing. Besides dying because their hooped skirts caught fire, women would die from their hoops being caught in factory equipment, carriage wheels, gusts of wind, or other obstacles. Oddly enough, it wasn't a fashion driven by men, but by women. Apparently, men absolutely hated the crinoline dresses, but women loved them.

For anyone that doesn't remember it. Except for the part made of finished hardwoods, the outfit is actually kind of cute....

eclark1894

Visionary
Oddly enough, one of the biggest accessories in women's fashion, the high heeled shoe was invented by men... for men. It was a "status and stature" thing of the day. Being the tallest man in the room, that kind of thing. For some reason it caught the eye of women, who started wearing it, pretty much for the same reason as the men, but over time, men abandoned the fashion. Women didn't.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Ever wonder why models on the catwalk always look so grumpy? Well, would YOU be happy wearing any of that? o_O Granted, they do get paid for it..:rolleyes:

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
These so called "fashion designers" are not creating fashion that anyone in the RIGHT MINDS would wear. "Oh, make room, I'm wearing my dining table today, need extra room" LMAO. So f'ing stupid. I have no patience for this sort of idiocy! :mad:

Yeah! You tell 'um Rich! ;)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
OMG willowisp, he's wearing a concertina folder

Strap one of these to each leg and punch a hole in a storewell box and place over your head. Voila!

Willowisp

Adventurous
Yea, I'm kinda partial to the 'accordion' pants myself. Now I can't help thinking, if someone were to make those for a figure in Poser/Daz, what a rigging nightmare that would be :confused:

Ken, you up to the challenge? :p

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Now, now, do the blue robe up in orange and I suspect you'd find some Hari Krishna's who would wear them. Although probably not with the portable canopy.