• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Women wear the stupidest clothes...

eclark1894

Visionary
This picture was taken in a fashion show. I used to think Marcia Brady wore short skirts. I was damn happy about it, but still...:sneaky:

thongs.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Correction: Designers out of their minds (mostly male) want women (and men) to wear the stupidest clothes.. IMO, most of them should just be committed :confused:
Well, I liken that to a question I once asked and never got an answer. Men may come up with the ideas for weird sex positions and stuff, but women are always willing to do them. So who's more perverted?:sneaky:

Willowisp

Adventurous
What's that got to do with fashion? I never see 'houte cotoure' on the street, which means most women don't buy it. Most of it is just for show, not for actual use.

The point is that no one actually wears that stuff outside of the catwalk

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That crap looks like the designer got ticked off and just cut up a $1000 pair of jeans in a rage, then said screw it, I'm sending this out there.

People with more money than sense will buy it

eclark1894

Visionary
What's that got to do with fashion? I never see 'houte cotoure' on the street, which means most women don't buy it. Most of it is just for show, not for actual use.

The point is that no one actually wears that stuff outside of the catwalk
I didn't say that most women don't have either good sense or at least some modesty. But as you said, Designers, (mostly male) come up with this stuff. Somewhere out there, some woman is willing to buy this crap just because that particular designer made it. Same kind of mentality that have women wanting to buy handbags or shoes for exorbitant prices, just because a particular designer made them. Don't get me wrong though, even though women seem to be the most prevalent, I know that there are men out there that do the same thing. If not for clothes, then for toys and gadgets.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
The last time I had a pair of jeans that looked like that it was because they'd gotten too ragged and I'd cut away all the useful parts to use to make hotpot holders and other useful things out of the remaining fabric. I certainly didn't wear the jeans in that condition, though.

I expect that designers put something shocking on the runway just so that pictures of THEIR show make the news. Cut throat competition for lots of money.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Well, that will certainly keep her warm in a chilly December. Does the outfit come with goosebumps? (insert Sarcasm)
I agree with Rowan, think it's a stunt to put them on the front pages of some fashion mag or internet site.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
:yeahthat:
After all, remember the gal wearing the *table*? No one is going to do that in real life......but it certainly was everywhere on the internet for a while.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist

For anyone that doesn't remember it. Except for the part made of finished hardwoods, the outfit is actually kind of cute....

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Anybody can make that with a transparency map over existing pants, but still.... it looks ridiculous. LOL

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I must have had my head in the sand then, I don't remember that, but googled it and found this, lol

at least you will have somewhere to eat ya dinner

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
LOL. It is one of my favorite pictures of high fashion....as a reminder that just because they wear it on the runway or to a Hollywood bash doesn't mean it's worth the bother of getting out of my pajamas and wearing "the latest".

(Make that pajamas, bathrobe and fuzzy socks.)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Everyone remember, the girl was paid to wear those jeans in public.
I gather that a lot of designers throw in something totally outrageous in a show just to get the press buzzing.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I saw a video recently that included not only what's pictured here but a bunch of other ridiculous clothing.

It's funny how if you're a working man who wears blue jeans every day and your work creates holes and wear marks on the denim, it would be frowned upon if you wore those jeans to your local business establishments. But buy a pair of the same jeans with factory made holes and they are an acceptable status symbol.

I do agree that the designers do the ridiculous and outrageous for attention.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
These so called "fashion designers" are not creating fashion that anyone in the RIGHT MINDS would wear. "Oh, make room, I'm wearing my dining table today, need extra room" LMAO. So f'ing stupid. I have no patience for this sort of idiocy! :mad: