• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP:Full size Carousel

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
All tests look good except that the pole still has stretching and I do not know how to fix it.
I am sooo discouraged!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I managed to lose my files for this one.
But have a nicer one in the works.
Question...how many horses or other rides should a carousel hold?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't recall how many you had on your earlier carousel, but I would think 6 would be enough. Just make sure there's enough room between them for the horses.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had like six, in twos so it was twelve...made it super heavy...lol.
I know the other one is either on my web site or on a disk but not wanting to search.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I don't recall, so by "in twos", you mean in two rows of six? That would be heavy. Maybe you can do six total by alternating which row their in. IOW, first one in front, and the next in the inside row. Then the third one in front, and the fourth one in the inside row, and so on. That way there won't be much in the way of empty space, but you won't need that many of them altogether, but will still look full.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ahhh, fixed the carousel and made a new canopy for it.
Not much work on the maps as they only need a bit of adjusting for this one.
All the old textures work great (found my old set) and the maps from the little music box's canopy work with just a tad of adjusting.
So tomorrow I'll finish the latest fixes on my cats and get back to the poles and some steps for the carousel later.

A peek at the new one.
BlkGold Carousel-01.png

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I need to do some steps and rails for it, it need rails around except the mail entrance.
So it will be awhile before it is ready.
The dome on the first one was just not easy to texture and I like this one better.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wish I knew how to model lights.
Especially those like on a carousel.
I'd do a row of lights down the middle pose in about four strips and all around the top bans.
Maybe hanging under it.
This time might be the lucky time for making it work
A complete overhaul on the middle pole, the base poles and the floor as well as the dome.
Only the ground base remains the same.
But it is looking good now. :)
As soon as I get some more done I will post images.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I wish I knew how to model lights.
Especially those like on a carousel.
I'd do a row of lights down the middle pose in about four strips and all around the top bans.
Maybe hanging under it.
This time might be the lucky time for making it work
A complete overhaul on the middle pole, the base poles and the floor as well as the dome.
Only the ground base remains the same.
But it is looking good now. :)
As soon as I get some more done I will post images.
Can you show a picture of what you mean and share what modeler you use?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is a WIP render.
I've used a bulb prop bit it did not take the textures good so I edited them a bit.
I want the light to be so I can make a prop and duplicate it as many times as needed.
Something like this image hows.
The center pole will have some trim vertically so the bulbs will go inside the trim.
And the stairs came from archbase. net just as an example of what I hope to created to go with the carousel.

carousel-002.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've decided to take a break from 3d work for awhile.
So far I've made several cr2 sets of this and the will not work.
The pz3 works fine but I mess up saving it as a character file somehow.
I used to know how to do these with no issues but now keep forgetting how.

So the rest of this day will be spent relaxing, lurking and playing games on my tablet and family time. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This project is no longer in the works.
I may or may not, in the future do something with it.