• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP:Full size Carousel

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The first BeJeweled set for the carousel.

This one is the Firefly render using Sabby's Ember lights.

BeJeweled Carousel-01SF.jpg

This is the Superfly render with Ghostship's Superfly lights.
BeJeweled Carousel-01FF.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like it, but I think the aqua portion of the dome, and I guess the floor, is a bit too glossy. It's overpowering the colorful design on the dome.

In fact, the whole dome looks like it's made of thick glass.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I used a glass shader but I'm not sure how to tone down the gloss on just the aqua part of the dome.
I'm not sure how many textures I'll do for it to start with.
And then I'll need to do the DS version as well, the Iray materials will be a little tricky for me but I'll manage.

These will all be fantasy textures to go with the BeJeweled horse sets and others can do more realistic textures as add-ons if they want.
My work for tonight on it is done, will do more tomorrow.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I now have it converted to DS and working on the material sets.
Won't be long before I look for testers.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just finisher the RedGold with the leather dome and the BlackGold with the metallic black and gold dome in Iray.
Three to go. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, sometimes it's good to take a break, and then come back to a project with a fresh look.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah, it's just the promos now, tester gave it a thumbs up, but I h-a-t-e promo work...lol.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Bleck doing promos! I'm not formally trained and so always doubt my skills with that.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, it needed a new ground base and some of the parts corrupted so I've had to edit it a lot.
I wanted a nice set of steps for it but that new virus going round hit me and I can't concentrate.
Medical team has me on Tami-flu, which was costly...ugh
But the Pharmacist at Walgreen's gave my daughter a lead on a coupon.
So almost half the cost was cut and we managed the rest, insurance does not cover any of it.
Too risky at my age and in my health to try and fight it out without meds.

So the stairs will have to go on hold and I'll get the thumbnails rendered again and try for new promos.
There will be two options, carousel with nothing on it and one with all the poles, plus two pole smart-prop options, single and double.
Sure hate about the stairs though...sigh. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
You could always do the stairs as an add-on FL, so don't worry about it.

Just take your meds and get better.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
a few more tweaks on the DS set if needed and I will update the readme and zip the sets for my testers again.
Really not up to doing more tonight or I'd finish it.