• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP:Full size Carousel

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have decided the carousel will be Poser only for now, I'm dropping the DS version.
It refuses to work correctly for me and I am too aggravated to work it more.
Maybe later when I feel better and can think more clearly.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You can always add the DS version at a later date. For now, take care of yourself, as that's the most important thing.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Moving along slowly but getting my new promo ideas and set up going.
Do you think this makes for a good promo, or should I ditch the background?
I used the EZDome and sIBL sets to get decent lighting.

Carousel Promo Test 1.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like the outdoor background, but if you added that in in postwork, maybe you could blur it a bit more so it looks like DoF. Right now it's too distinct, so it's taking away from the carousel.

Then again, maybe an outdoor scene where the trees aren't so close to the carousel might work better. This background might work better with one of the domes that aren't so colorful.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That it is. Are you rendering it with FireFly or SuperFly? I ask because SuperFly, by default, doesn't do ground shadows like FireFly does.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Are the poles intended to be brass? It appears that the brass material is exceeding "conservation of energy".
Could you post a material screenshot?

Are some parts supposed to be lit up? If so, could you indicate which parts?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm thinking to just go with the backdrop I had for the first set of promos.
It just looks better with the fantasy theme f the carousel.

Carousel Pop-up-01a.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
That does look good FL. It would've been nice to have an outdoor scene, but this looks nice, and it does bring the carousel to the full attention of the viewer, as the background isn't distracting.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'll do outdoor scenes in the forums and other sites later.
I think the DS set is working now so I won't have to do just Poser now and DS later.
And I need to do a set of pre-loaded poses for the pole with Rae's carousel poses for the horse.
That will be an add-on though.
That way users can load the horse and apply the full horses/pole poses at one click and have them go into place.
They will have to duplicate it and place around the carousel for the number they want in case they want other things there too.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just a bit longer and will be re-submitting...sigh.
It's the DS set giving my a headache.
The single pole does not want to accept the texture.
I may have found the cause but now I'm going to chill out with HBO or Netflix.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
seachnasaigh, nothing lights up at present.
Just had a few settings wrong so I corrected them.

I was hoping to add some stairs as an add-on but getting them right and with a railing is not easy.
And the carousel poses as a preset to load both horse and pole to the floor is not going well.
The floor pole is already parented to the floor as a smart prop.
But when I try to parent the horse to the pole, mane, tail and fets explode.
If I parent the horse to the floor and the re-parent the pole to the horse it still does not save together as one pose.
Somehow I forgot how to save poses correctly...sigh.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Arrrgh!
My floor pole needed work, the pole was going through the floor.
Got everything looking good but re-mapping gave me a headache and it isn't working.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My carousel is almost finished for the final testing.
Fixed my single pole problems in, both, Poser and DSso the textures apply correctly now.

Cutting the carpousel with all poles loaded from this pack as it may make it difficult to load horses or other things to them.
Instead I will try to do a set of poses where the horse loads to the pole already posed and goes int place on the floor.
The all the user needs to do is position each set where they want and as many as they want.
Rae has made a set of carousel poses for DS and I converted them to Poser but I need to find a way to make the horse parent to the pole.
The pole is already parented to the floor and the horse explodes when I try to parent it to the pole.
But work today has ground t a halt, in addition to my hand swelling and being nearly useless there are spotty T-storms with lightening.