• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Why doesn't Male clothign sell better?

eclark1894

Visionary
OK, question . . . what are those 2 roundish pieces on the top right of the UV Map? I would suggest cutting a seam through each, which will make them lay flat, and then would be easier to texture.

Another thing, though it's lying flat as is, I usually make the front and back separate pieces, so not only do I make side seams, I make shoulder seams as well.

As far as the layout of the pieces, I would make sure the pieces are all laying in the same direction. IOW, if you make separate pieces for the front and back, the shoulders on both should be up. The same would be true of the two panty pieces. Some textures can cause problems, if not flowing in the same direction on all pieces. Otherwise, you would have to rotate the texture over some pieces to make sure it's all flowing properly.

So I'm perusing the forum and guess what pops up? That's right, an image of the wetsuit I had been working on once. I couldn't remember whether I had made the suit for Dusk or Dawn and I could find the Blend file I had modeled it in. Tonight a screen shot of the outfit pops up and guess what? I could read the filename i couldn't remember before. I had been making a snorkel and mask with swim fins for Dawn. The wetsuit was part of the snorkel file. That's why i couldn't find it. So I went looking for it again and found this:

upload_2017-11-12_21-57-5.png

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
But, it's really about the fact that so many users are male and they do mostly pinups..

That is so true. I think men of all ages just like looking at and making pictures/drawings/renders of women in all kinds of outfits, skimpy and full. I would bet that most online pictures of women are viewed by men, from the age of about 12 and up to pensioners.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That is so true. I think men of all ages just like looking at and making pictures/drawings/renders of women in all kinds of outfits, skimpy and full. I would bet that most online pictures of women are viewed by men, from the age of about 12 and up to pensioners.

Yeah, and you can pretty much tell a render done by a male - the models have big round balloons where her boobs should be.

James R.

Busy Bee
Yeah, and you can pretty much tell a render done by a male - the models have big round balloons where her boobs should be.

I don’t disagree in general, but please be careful with generalizations. I could be in the minority, but I render a fair amount of female figures and I don’t do balloon boobs. And to be fair I’ve seen a lot of art produced by females which is as overt as anything people might believe is only produced by men.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I don’t disagree in general, but please be careful with generalizations. I could be in the minority, but I render a fair amount of female figures and I don’t do balloon boobs. And to be fair I’ve seen a lot of art produced by females which is as overt as anything people might believe is only produced by men.

True. I apologize for the generalization. It's just a pet peeve of mine - the objectification of women.

James R.

Busy Bee
True. I apologize for the generalization. It's just a pet peeve of mine - the objectification of women.

No apology necessary. :) I agree with you about objectification of women. That's one reason why my female characters aren't balloon-boobed lolita sex dolls.

Recently, though, I've been told that my strong, independent, self-reliant women characters are stereotypes... so I shouldn't be doing that either. Sigh. Can't win. So I make airplanes. :p

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
No apology necessary. :) I agree with you about objectification of women. That's one reason why my female characters aren't balloon-boobed lolita sex dolls.

Recently, though, I've been told that my strong, independent, self-reliant women characters are stereotypes... so I shouldn't be doing that either. Sigh. Can't win. So I make airplanes. :p

Well, strong, independent, self-reliant woman characters will certainly get my seal of approval!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
/gasp. I'm a stereotype?!?

At last ... I like to think of myself as strong, independent, and self-reliant. I mean ... I've been divorced for umpteen thousand years (well, at least 20+ years), manage my own finances (rather well if I don't say so myself), and I'm quite content living alone (well, ok. With a cat.)

Or ... maybe I'm just a stubborn old hermit :wink: