• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Why doesn't Male clothign sell better?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What does collaborating with someone on a product entail? How does that work?

It means we have split the job. For example, for The Adventurer outfit, Sanbie did the modeling and texturing, and I did the rigging and morphing. However, this wasn't a regular collab - Sanbie was about to drop the project because of health issue, and I thought Dusk MUST have that outfit, so I jumped in and finished it for her.

A regular colkab is when we decide to start something with one or more collab artists. That was the case with Savage Dawn, and the upcoming CKV-01 scifi outfit for Dawn. We have joined efforts to design and built everything together from scratch.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One person submits the product but there is a section that says who gets what percentage. It really depends on what you decide on before you start a project. You can go 50/50 if you split the work, or if someone does the bulk of the work you can spit for that person to get more (I'm sure you can split it more than 2 ways but I've never had too, my colab has only been half/half or I did texture add-ons that were separate products).

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I think everyone knows by now that I hate texturing, so any add-ons can be the purview of the other person. I'd probably just stick with modeling and UVs.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Rae is correct, it is possible to split a single product royalty between 2 or MORE people - actually, as many as you wish. The split percentages are usually established beforehand, according to how much of the work each party member will do.

eclark1894

Visionary
Maybe Hivewire should start an informal collaboration group. Someone could create or suggest a product and people whould sign up for who wants t do what?:laugh:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The forum has such a subforum, but it's only viewable by those who are already CAs and selling products in the HW store.

I'm sure if you wanted to, you could start a thread of your own to see who would be available, and interested (I'm thinking Rae for one) in collaborating with you.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think anyone is free to start a collab thread, even if not a HW vendor. That's what the forums are for, to help people to get together and do things. Doesn't have to be commercial.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
True Ken, there are sub forums in the 3D Content Development that are split up if the item is for Dawn, Dusk etc where people can say they are creating "X" for Dawn and they would like help or a partner etc (or even just to show off :p)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
True Ken, there are sub forums in the 3D Content Development that are split up if the item is for Dawn, Dusk etc where people can say they are creating "X" for Dawn and they would like help or a partner etc (or even just to show off :p)
Very true Rae, and if the query is general in sense, and not for a particular HW character, a thread can be added below the separate Dawn, Dusk, Baby Luna etc. categories. Earl may just want to know who's available and interested, and then he can open a thread in a particular category for a project involving a specific HW character.

Not sure I why I didn't think to mention this in my earlier post. :unsure: