• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Where vendors are going after the HiveWire store closes

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Any news of what will become of Nerd3D's items? Though I have them all, I would hate to see them vanish from the community as they are fantastic. That and I was working on expansions for 2 of them I am convinced would have done well.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nerd3D now works for Rendo in the Poser 12 dev team. Why would his products disappear?
IIRC, he stopped in here on the forum at some point after the initial announcement the HW store was closing, and specifically stated all his products will be updated for P12, and available in his store at Renderosity.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah, thanks - found that post, and will update the first post here.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
IIRC, he stopped in here on the forum at some point after the initial announcement the HW store was closing, and specifically stated all his products will be updated for P12, and available in his store at Renderosity.

That makes more sense. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It does make sense. It just may take a while before he gets around to it, though not so much getting them into the store, since he's had a Renderosity store for quite some time, and some of his products here are probably already in his store there, but the updating of any of his products won't be that quick.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
People don't know me at Rendo, so it will take some time to get situated. Still trying to comply with the Rendo requirements, having a bunch of my promos declined due to censorship, and I have to make new ones. I have finished a couple last night, but the site is not allowing me to upload them - something went wrong and the product page was misbehaving. Like I update a promo, and the page jumps to another product, and then throws an error message. Have to be patient in this initial transitional period.

Aelin

Eager
After some contemplation, I decided not to move any of my stuff that's here at HiveWire3D to Renderosity. I just can't bring myself to re-rendering the promos and updating some of the file structure. In fact I've made an even more drastic decision this weekend. I've decided to retire all of my poser content. Lately I got some requests by customers (and Renderosity as well) to bring back my older products and even create some new ones, but it's a huge mountain I can't seen to climb anymore. So after some deliberation I contacted Rendo and the decision was made to retire everything and close my store at Rendo as well. Perhaps in some way a sad day, but 3DToons is no more. Personally, I have to close this door completely, so that it's not something that always is in the back of my mind. Business wise it doesn't change too much for me, I was already mostly focussed on teaching traditional art.

I enjoyed my time as 3DToons, created lot's of fun stuff and had many satisfied customers, but now it's time for me to let that part of me go and fill it with something new. Something less time consuming, cause being a poser vendor sure does take up a lot of time.
Like some others, I'm sorry to hear you stop your shop. Anyway, know that independant stores (such FRM but not only) can welcome you with your "old" promos. Concerning the update of your products, it's up to you to do it or not.
Napalmarsenal has few products on FRM, so like you both are most Hivewire community than me (sorry to never having been often here guys ;) ), she can surely answer for you too faster than I do.
But know guys if you always like V3, she has few products there because vendors left them in. Yep, even the oldest are always present :laugh:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I deleted the previous reply so it doesn't confuse people. I know it was meant to be helpful, but it isn't correct. The 3D Universe products that were in the HiveWire store will be going in our store under the HiveWire name. I did note that a while ago in the first post of the thread, but I don't think I posted in the body of the thread.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Lisa's Botanicals -> will be transferred from HiveWire's Renderosity account to an account at Renderosity under Lisas_Botanicals. All her products that were in the store will be there, as well as some of the Lisa's Botanicals products that she created while at HiveWire. Other products that she was a part of will remain in the HiveWire-Renderosity store.