• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Where vendors are going after the HiveWire store closes

Benjamin

Inspired
Contributing Artist
After some contemplation, I decided not to move any of my stuff that's here at HiveWire3D to Renderosity. I just can't bring myself to re-rendering the promos and updating some of the file structure. In fact I've made an even more drastic decision this weekend. I've decided to retire all of my poser content. Lately I got some requests by customers (and Renderosity as well) to bring back my older products and even create some new ones, but it's a huge mountain I can't seen to climb anymore. So after some deliberation I contacted Rendo and the decision was made to retire everything and close my store at Rendo as well. Perhaps in some way a sad day, but 3DToons is no more. Personally, I have to close this door completely, so that it's not something that always is in the back of my mind. Business wise it doesn't change too much for me, I was already mostly focussed on teaching traditional art.

I enjoyed my time as 3DToons, created lot's of fun stuff and had many satisfied customers, but now it's time for me to let that part of me go and fill it with something new. Something less time consuming, cause being a poser vendor sure does take up a lot of time.

theschell

Brilliant
After some contemplation, I decided not to move any of my stuff that's here at HiveWire3D to Renderosity. I just can't bring myself to re-rendering the promos and updating some of the file structure. In fact I've made an even more drastic decision this weekend. I've decided to retire all of my poser content. Lately I got some requests by customers (and Renderosity as well) to bring back my older products and even create some new ones, but it's a huge mountain I can't seen to climb anymore. So after some deliberation I contacted Rendo and the decision was made to retire everything and close my store at Rendo as well. Perhaps in some way a sad day, but 3DToons is no more. Personally, I have to close this door completely, so that it's not something that always is in the back of my mind. Business wise it doesn't change too much for me, I was already mostly focussed on teaching traditional art.

I enjoyed my time as 3DToons, created lot's of fun stuff and had many satisfied customers, but now it's time for me to let that part of me go and fill it with something new. Something less time consuming, cause being a poser vendor sure does take up a lot of time.
Best of luck to you in what ever you wind up doing!

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
After some contemplation, I decided not to move any of my stuff that's here at HiveWire3D to Renderosity. I just can't bring myself to re-rendering the promos and updating some of the file structure. In fact I've made an even more drastic decision this weekend. I've decided to retire all of my poser content.
What needs to be updated? I made zero changes to my products that have been released.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist

I am sorry to hear this. Most of my products the Renderosity team took care of the promos for me, all you have to do is fix descriptions and insure the zip files and readmes are attached. They even said to just use the current Hivewire3D readmes.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am sorry to hear this. Most of my products the Renderosity team took care of the promos for me, all you have to do is fix descriptions and insure the zip files and readmes are attached. They even said to just use the current Hivewire3D readmes.

That's true, they are making it as easy to us as possible, but I didn't like my promos chopped and resized at random. I am taking my time to redo the thumbs and some promos that didn't look right.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I was looking over at Renderosity for the Grimalkin for the HiveWire House Cat. Will this item be available there? Thank you!

Yes, he will be there , and sorry for the slow reply my day job keeps me rather busy as of late coming off the New Years rush and then the surge for Valentine's Day !

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If they would just notify me of when and if the files have been moved over to Renderosity it would be great!!
Everything has now been moved over (I guess you missed the other thread it was mentioned in the private forums). If your stuff is not in Pending then there could have been a problem with them matching both stores and you'd need to email/sitemail Andy.

Another thread to watch might be this one: (1) Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity | HiveWire 3D Community

Digitell

Enthusiast
Yes, he will be there , and sorry for the slow reply my day job keeps me rather busy as of late coming off the New Years rush and then the surge for Valentine's Day !
No worries! I know folks are busy and this move will take time. I am thrilled to hear he will be there..I am keeping my eye open for him! :) Thank you and I look forward to getting him when he is available. Cheers! :)

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist

Sad to see you go and I wish you well on whatever road you may take.

FYI, HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals and the 3D Universe products for HiveWire products will be under the HiveWire 3D label when transferred to Renderosity

That is good to hear.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I have a question as it’s been a while since coming to HW. Will CG Cubed be going to Renderosity? Thanks.

CG Cubed is Paul Lessard and he is part of HiveWire. He has several products that are just his, and they should also be transferring over there.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
CG Cubed is Paul Lessard and he is part of HiveWire. He has several products that are just his, and they should also be transferring over there.
Good to know his personally created products will be transferring over to Renderosity as well.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
He's currently working on Dawn 2.0's rigging. A lot of people waiting to see it!! o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ

jartz

Inspired
Good to know. I missed out on getting his head morph kit. I’ll be looking forward to that hopefully and D2. Thank you.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Paul and I share my Training set for Dawn. In my Pending area if I click on any of those packs both of our names are listed so yea, he's there even if doesn't want to be! :p :p :p