• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What's your Favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon show from when you were a kid?

McGyver

Energetic
Sorry, I'm from '62 and never heard of Sky King. I am aware of Roy Rodgers though. Looks like that would have been one I'd have liked.
Which reminds me..... the cartoon Emergency +4 led me to watching Emergency. I guess it served it's purpose there.
That was actually one of my favorite shows, "Emergency"... I watched the cartoon too.
I watched a few episodes of the TV show on Netflix a while ago... It was interesting to see some of the things that were new in fire rescue and emergency medical technology back then.

McGyver

Energetic
I just remembered the last Saturday morning cartoon I can recall watching... (Yes, as an adult)...
The Tick.
To this day I still quote The Human Ton's hand puppet "Handy", when I mention a book nobody has read, but they should've...
"Homer... The Iliad... ? READ A BOOK!"

Terre

Renowned
We watched The Tick some too. Good show. I don't remember that character though. Probably didn't see enough of it. LOL

What my husband sometimes jokes about was The Tick's battle cry "Spoon!"

eclark1894

Visionary
We watched The Tick some too. Good show. I don't remember that character though. Probably didn't see enough of it. LOL

What my husband sometimes jokes about was The Tick's battle cry "Spoon!"
There's a guy here at work who's last name is "Spoon". So guess what I say when I see him. Unfortunately, he just thinks I'm crazy even though I told him about the Tick.

spoon.png

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Mid/late 1960s toearly 1970s in the UK, so Saturday morning was the Banana Splits or Ali Bongo. It has to be "Shazzan" (I always thought it was Shazzam, and that the genie couldn't return them home until they'd returned the ring to "its rightful belowner" - never found out what one of those was) or "Arabian Nights" ("Siiiiiiize...of an elephant!")

eclark1894

Visionary
Mid/late 1960s toearly 1970s in the UK, so Saturday morning was the Banana Splits or Ali Bongo. It has to be "Shazzan" (I always thought it was Shazzam, and that the genie couldn't return them home until they'd returned the ring to "its rightful belowner" - never found out what one of those was) or "Arabian Nights" ("Siiiiiiize...of an elephant!")
They had to return the ring to it's "rightful owner", which never happened. My guess is they ended up in Jumanji.:sneaky: