• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What's your Favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon show from when you were a kid?

Terre

Renowned
Yup. Cartoon had a Granny character and a ghost that traveled along with them if I'm remembering correctly. Jackson 5 and Osmonds both had the "little brother who constantly need to be bailed out by his big brothers" trope with Michael and Donny.

Terre

Renowned
And the page that is on shows H.R. Puffenstuff too. Probably should take a look as the TV I saw that on was B&W and I've been told it was made for color.

eclark1894

Visionary
And the page that is on shows H.R. Puffenstuff too. Probably should take a look as the TV I saw that on was B&W and I've been told it was made for color.
It was. I was really too old to be watching that but... what can I say? I was a Saturday morning cartoon Junkie.:sneaky:

Terre

Renowned
I can sympathize with that. In HS I was still watching sometimes. One I remember from that period is Space Academy.

Terre

Renowned
Thinking of the later ones reminds me of the mess they made of Scooby Doo. The later cartoon turned the teens into kids and made the geek girl into a technomage. What used to be simple science she explained to the others became super-science she pulled out of her hrrmmm... "hat". Deliberately skipped that one once I saw what had been done.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I never saw Barrier Reef. But I had my favorite live action Saturday morning shows too. Roy Rogers is one and do you remember a show called Sky King?
OMG, I loved Sky King!! And his niece Penny. That was such an awesome show. I'm also from that 50's era with Roy Rogers and B/W TV.
I also watched the really old Popeye cartoons when 'Brutus' was still named 'Bluto'. They also had Whimpy and his little thing about giving him a hamburger today for which he'll gladly pay for next Tuesday! I loved Mighty Mouse "Here I come to save the day'.....and so on. I also thought Tom and Jerry were pretty funny. Pretty much watched all the Looney Tunes cartoons. I never cared much for Porky Pig or Daffy Duck, or that big rooster with the southern accent that always say 'now listen here boy!' In later years when my oldest son was watching in the mid 70s, I got hooked on Jonny Quest, and became a JQ junkie in my adult years. I'd look for him all over the Cartoon Network and record them when I could find them. I'm such a weirdo.

I remember in later years when I was older, there would be a run of those cartoons on tv every now and then. I had forgotten the era when a lot of them were made that they had several cartoons where Bugs Bunny and maybe others, kept talking about beating Hitler and the Nazi's. There was a lot of war planes, some images of a cartoon Hitler and such. When I think back on it now, it seems weird. I doubt if we'd be feeding violence like that to our kids now about the extremists in cartoons.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Didn't watch TV as a child, and really never did.
Except on rare occasions when at someone else's house, or in a club that has TVs all over.
But a band I was in once, did Jazz versions of TV theme songs and the audience just loved it.
One of my favorites was the Woody Woodpecker theme.
Man, that song SMOKES! I had a Bass solo in that one that got people jumpin'.
Another favorite was a theme from a very popular show about some rural community.
From way back but I can't even remember what it was called.
Very catchy tune, kind of goes.. dada dun, la di da da, la di da da, la di da dun dun di da di oh
err.. that looks kind of stupid...
Too bad I can't write the notes here.

I was amazed some decades later when I went up to a conference in the Santa Barbara area -- where they actually *have* woodpeckers -- to discover that their call really does sound like that. Ha-ha-ha-HA-ha! Hahahahahahah...

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I remember watching Warner Bros cartoons when I was a kid. I forgot what they were called but there were three siblings who always got into trouble. I also remember Pinkie and the Brain.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My father watched Looney Toons cartoons well into his 70s! He would lie down on the couch every afternoon, watch Looney Toons then take a nap.

I always like Peabody, Beanie and Cecil, Bullwinkle and of course the Flintstones and Jetsons.

Anyone remember F Troop? I lived for that show when I was a kid, that and Dragnet.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh Dragnet . . . now THAT brings back a lot of memories. Our first TV when I was a kid was B&W, but somehow it added drama to that series.

Terre

Renowned
F Troop? Yup.That was fun.
When I was 7 and 8 evenings were Dragnet, news, Perry Mason. Or vice versa.
My husband and I loved Animaniacs. One of the funniest shows was a crossover with another network's line up from the same period. The shortest in that show was Rita and the Brain. Bubbles the dog getting to stand back and watch the annoying girl from Animaniacs follow around the baby he was supposed to guard and get hit by the stuff he normally got clobbered by was cute.