• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What needs to be fake?

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Yup, I'm female and I don't carry a purse or handbag either. Just use pockets. It's one reason I prefer men's clothes to women's clothes, if they fit me- they have more and better pockets. They also tend to be more robust and practical. A quick check of the current pocket contents: dog poo bags, dog treats, horse/sheep treats, wallet, keys, tissues, three mobile phones (one not working), cable (zip) ties, a mess of till receipts, a flier for a circus that left town last month, a couple of oak galls, a handful of mixed wood screws, several business cards (for other businesses, not my own), a working pen, a broken pen, a print-at-home cinema ticket for Infinity War, a couple of hair ties, a few sticky plasters (band-aids), a sheep ear tag and several lengths of bailer twine.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yes, the cellphone! I totally forgot to mention that, mostly because it's in a carry case attached to the strap of my purse, not in it, but I always have that with me as well. Not sure why I would need to own, let alone carry, 3 cellphones. The non-legal staff didn't get "company" cellphones when I was working at the firm, only the attorneys did.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I always have an asthma inhaler in my purse. But you probably don't want Dawn to have asthma. ;)

But I have a set of earbuds in a little black velvet drawstring bag so I can use them with either my cell or my tablet, chewing gun, a little ziplock bag of Splenda since 90% of the places we go don't have it. And a little plastic brush that's about 5" long. Looks short enough to fit in a childs hand but it doesn't take up any room.

Nod

Adventurous
I think I'm pretty close to the end on stuff to put in a woman's purse, although I can think of more stuff. Added a smartphone, which I have other plans for using Poser, and a comb. I'm thinking I might still add some coins just... 'cause.

I can't tell from the newest picture, but has the sanitiser got the little tube going down into the bottle?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A lot may also depend on age. Or life position. A mother with small children would probably have a number of things in her bag for emergencies that a college age single girl wouldn't. A woman who works outside the home might have a different set of essentials than one who doesn't.

I'm retired. I got fed up with carrying everything in my pockets, so I have a small purse with a long enough strap to hang cross-body. Coin purse, card case for whatever credit or those stupid "club" cards that get you discounts, key ring in front half. Wallet, calendar and small notepad in back, along with a small tube of hand lotion. The zip pocket between has a pencil stub and eraser. I think I cary a copy of my eyeglasses prescription in one pocket or other.

I should make a point of keeping a handkerchief and chapstick, but those keep ending up in my pants' pockets.

eclark1894

Visionary
I should point out at this time that it was never my intention to put into a handbag everything that any woman could ever conceivably put in there. It was just something that a woman might carry in a handbag just to lend a bit of realism to any render that someone might do. Like room clutter. Honestly, I get that all women and men are individuals and we all didn't fall off the turnip truck from the same farm at the same time.:sneaky:

Nod, I'm not going to add a tube. It's not a crucial detail to me. But if it is for you, I do have a suggestion. Simply use a cylinder primitive and smart prop it inside the bottle. That's all the bubbles are. Duplicated spheres with a glass shader.

Nod

Adventurous
Why should a potential customer have to add details to a model, because the creator couldn't be bothered going to the trouble of adding them, especially if it's just a case of adding cylinder primative?

Anyway, I was making an observation, so asked the question. If a detail like that isn't a big deal to you, then it's not my problem, as I'm not the one trying to sell the product.

eclark1894

Visionary
Why should a potential customer have to add details to a model, because the creator couldn't be bothered going to the trouble of adding them, especially if it's just a case of adding cylinder primative?

Anyway, I was making an observation, so asked the question. If a detail like that isn't a big deal to you, then it's not my problem, as I'm not the one trying to sell the product.
Well, as I said, it's not a crucial detail to me, so I guess we've settled that then.;)

SixDs

Inspired
I'm a Canadian who rarely watches hockey, and I quit playing when I was a kid. So much for stereotypes.

As for putting everything a woman might carry in there, I'm reminded of the television commercial with the woman standing at the counter looking for her money in her purse/handbag. She begins pulling stuff out and eventually produces an adjustable wrench (spanner to some) and mumbles "I don't remember what I had that for". (meanwhile I imagine her husband is at home working in the garage thinking "where in the heck did I put my adjustable wrench?").

No flames, please, there's a fire ban in effect. :)

Last edited:

Willowisp

Adventurous
I'm the kind of woman far more likely to carry a spanner than lipstick :giggle: in fact I tend to pick on my partner because he always runs off with my hammer and then I have to look for it!

@eclark1894 For items a woman might carry around, I would put a packet of Kleenex in there.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 I could care less about stereotypes. I'm another backpack girl (no really; full size backpack LOL), but the little objects you have here look wonderful just as is, and I can already think of SO many times I've gone hunting for these sorts of items to fill up background or mid-ground scenery. So there. :)

Re the tube inside of the gel; again, it's just fine as is. Chances are such an item would actually be a mid- or background filler prop, and not close enough to the camera for the viewer to see any kind of little tube anyway.

I'd love to see some men's clutter for Dusk, too, if you ever get bored with making these things for Dawn. The poor guys get so neglected, and I'm just not good enough yet, nor have time enough, to model these things. The more clutter we have, the better!

eclark1894

Visionary
@eclark1894 I could care less about stereotypes. I'm another backpack girl (no really; full size backpack LOL), but the little objects you have here look wonderful just as is, and I can already think of SO many times I've gone hunting for these sorts of items to fill up background or mid-ground scenery. So there. :)

Re the tube inside of the gel; again, it's just fine as is. Chances are such an item would actually be a mid- or background filler prop, and not close enough to the camera for the viewer to see any kind of little tube anyway.

I'd love to see some men's clutter for Dusk, too, if you ever get bored with making these things for Dawn. The poor guys get so neglected, and I'm just not good enough yet, nor have time enough, to model these things. The more clutter we have, the better!
Well, obviously the bank card, with different textures, of course, could be for either Dusk or Dawn or any other Poser figure. With the right textures, they could even be a driver's license, or library card or a room key card. As can the keys, the phone and gum.

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's why the tube in the gel wasn't a crucial detail to me:

now, as you can see, you can't really see the tube. Plus, my original intent and indeed my intent on a number of props I make is to hopefully make them so that anyone who wants to can actually use that prop in an ad or some kind. So that sanitizer bottle would likely have a label on it anyway, obscuring the tube. And finally, it's easier to find that you NEED a tube and add one like I suggested before, than to find that you have one that needs to be removed and you can't.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, obviously the bank card, with different textures, of course, could be for either Dusk or Dawn or any other Poser figure. With the right textures, they could even be a driver's license, or library card or a room key card. As can the keys, the phone and gum.
Ohhhh, driver's license. I hadn't thought of that or a library card, but my wallet holds those as well. Oh and the comb can be used for Dusk as well. Men do need to comb their hair every now and then. ;)