• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What needs to be fake?

eclark1894

Visionary
I know that it's illegal to make realistic looking paper money, but it that also true of things like bank cards, credit cards, and coins?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would think it would be, if for no other reason than the companies and banks have trademarks for their logos, so there could always be a law suit for breaking the trademark laws.

As far as coins go, I'm not sure. I have/had a 3D set that had coins, but they were set up to fill a pirate's treasure chest, so not necessarily coins we would recognize. I would think the same would hold true for real coins as it does for paper currency, but I'm no expert as far as that goes.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I'm making some stuff, or continuing to make some stuff for a woman's purse, and thought I'd put a credit or bank card in. As it turns out, I thought I'd just make it pretty generic since you could easily use the UV map to change what type of card it would be.

Attachments

• purse stuff.png
    purse stuff.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 217

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh those are looking nice Earl, and yes a generic card won't raise any eyebrows.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think a credit card would be fine as long as it didn't have a real life brand on it (visa, amex etc), same with coins, if it was some made up coin and not looking like real stuff.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, so far, Dawn's got her keys and alarm, a bottle of sanitizer, lipstick, a pack of gum, compact with makeup and mirror, a make-up brush, and she just got her brand new bank card from the Last Union Bank. I don't know what Dawn's real last name is, so the card is registered to Dawn Jones.

Attachments

• stuff2.png
    stuff2.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 260

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey, that's pretty cool. One suggestion though. If you can, make the card just a trifle thinner, because now-a-days credit and debit cards have chips that can be read by the ATM and store card readers, and that card wouldn't fit into either, if it was a real card. ;)

One question . . . are those tiny white specks on the hand sanitizer bottle supposed to represent bubbles inside the bottle? I ask because maybe you should limit them to the top of the "liquid", because with them all over it makes the glass of the bottle look a bit strange, especially at the bottom where they're reflected on the glass floor/table top.

Oh, and I do like the way the mirror in the compact is looking.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just took a closer look and realized the card "is" thin enough. It's the reflection of the back of the card that's making it look thick, so ignore that comment.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hey, that's pretty cool. One suggestion though. If you can, make the card just a trifle thinner, because now-a-days credit and debit cards have chips that can be read by the ATM and store card readers, and that card wouldn't fit into either, if it was a real card. ;)

One question . . . are those tiny white specks on the hand sanitizer bottle supposed to represent bubbles inside the bottle? I ask because maybe you should limit them to the top of the "liquid", because with them all over it makes the glass of the bottle look a bit strange, especially at the bottom where they're reflected on the glass floor/table top.

Oh, and I do like the way the mirror in the compact is looking.
Actually, that card's pretty damn thin. I think it looks thicker because it's on a mirrored surface AND It may not be that flat against the surface. The bubbles are supposed to be suspended in a gel, not a liquid. I actually looked at a bottle of sanitizing gel to make sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, OK. I don't use hand sanitizers so didn't know what the gel really looked like. It won't look quite the same on a non-reflective surface.

eclark1894

Visionary
I think I'm pretty close to the end on stuff to put in a woman's purse, although I can think of more stuff. Added a smartphone, which I have other plans for using Poser, and a comb. I'm thinking I might still add some coins just... 'cause.

Attachments

• stuf3.png
    stuf3.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 262

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't carry a purse. I've always hated them. Instead, I carry a backpack, with a small travel wallet inside a zippered pocket. The travel wallet has my IDs, Debit/Credit Card, and cash. My keys clip to the backpack, which contains things like my cell phone and Kindle Fire, as well as a suitable place to stash things like the paperwork from a doctor, dentist, or vet visit. Mondays and Wednesdays, the backpack also holds my work laptop and mouse.

I don't carry a comb or brush, any makeup (since I don't use it), or any of the bazillion things that apparently a woman is supposed to carry with her. However, the cell phone and Kindle Fire are absolutely essential.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Things are looking good, though I think I'd make the comb smaller. I carry a small comb in my purse, and compared to the other objects you've created, mine is about half the size of the one you created. That size would be better for at home, assuming a woman uses a comb at home. I'm more apt to use a brush at home.

Other than that, things are looking good.

Willowisp

Adventurous
@Satira Capriccio Glad I'm not the only one here who is not a 'typical woman' as I detest handbags/purses with a passion :p Only things I carry with me are my keys, bankcard and buscard, and they fit in my pocket. If I go shopping, I carry a backpack to put everything in. Don't use makeup either, so no need to carry all that crap around lol. It always amazes me how much crap some women carry around all the time. I mean, why?

eclark1894

Visionary
I get into trouble a lot because of my conservative thinking. Conservatives are supposed to be racists and white supremecists. I'm a 60 year old black man raised in the South, folks. But people only believe what the propaganda says. so I don't really believe all that crap about gender being a social construct, global warming or multiple realities. I will concede that how men and women tend to behave is most definitely social orienteering, but not all men and women share the same likes and dislikes. Sometimes the orienteering fails. Take me for example. My entire family, male and female, like sports and drinking. I'm not a big fan of either. If I'm bored enough, I can sit down and watch college basketball. (NBA basketball sucks) And I do like shopping. Well, depending on what I' shopping for. I define myself. Everyone else can bite me.:sneaky:

Now, all that said and out of my system, most of the women I know do carry purses or handbags, and I've been wanting to make Dawn a handbag for the longest time. Some of this stuff, (the sanitizer, the compact, and the lipstick), is from that earlier attempt.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I quit using a purse or backpack a couple decades ago. Just carried around a wallet and my keys. Last Christmas someone gave me a nice black leather bag and I carry it with me now. I can't believe all the stuff that accumulates in it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't wear makeup on a daily basis either, only when going out with friends for dinner or a show, as I usually don't see them very often, so want to look "decent". ;)

I do, however, need to carry a pair of reading glasses, and since my eyes are very sensitive to light, I need sun glasses as well. Other than that, my keys, wallet and a pack of tissues. The comb is for windy days like today, because by the time I had walked to the gym, my hair was flowing all over the place. I nearly laughed my head off when I looked in the mirror in the locker room when I got there.