• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What name would you prefer for the HiveWire Female Anime Figure?

What name would you prefer for the HiveWire Female Anime Figure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I like Sakura, for it's the national symbol for the Imperial family in Japan, but it's not in the names list because it doesn't fit the HW3D figure naming convention. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for all your input and voting. We sure appreciate your thoughts on this. I personally didn't bother voting at this point because my pick wouldn't have won anyway.

Looks like we have a winner and it is Sora!!!

Thanks so much. Don't know if we'll just call her Sora, or HiveWire Sora for Dawn, or what. Something short and sweet is good.

Paul is putting files together for Sora, as I write this. Then we'll make these files available for CAs to create added content from. Set a projected release date, and get this baby moving forward in a big way.

Sora, meaning Sky is a great name for her, and I'm sure it will grow on me.

Kudos to all again for your help and meaningful input.

Yeah baby.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good to hear the news, Chris! I still have hopes for those Anime expression morphs, and the extra morphs for Dawn we had previously discussed. Things like mouth height, pointy chin, new ab shapes, and range expansion of existing morph limits. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Ken. I've added those to my list.

Right now as far as new specific morphs just for Sora, I have these:

Asian Eyes (emphasis on epicanthal fold)
Larger Eyes
Blink
Nostrils Gone
Turned Up Nose
Teeth Smooth and Flat Surfaces
Teeth Stylized
Narrow Waist

And I've just added in your latest ones to the list.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Those are all great additions to Sora. I am happy the stylized teeth options are already there, and I can see myself using the nose and nostrils options. I have used closed nostrils in some of my renders, and though people don't notice, I think it makes a difference in the final effect and style. ^^

Next step is to give Sora a jovial smile with less cheek creasing. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Those are all great additions to Sora. I am happy the stylized teeth options are already there, and I can see myself using the nose and nostrils options. I have used closed nostrils in some of my renders, and though people don't notice, I think it makes a difference in the final effect and style. ^^

Next step is to give Sora a jovial smile with less cheek creasing. :)

Can you show a reference of this please?

Thanks

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sure can! Here is "Terai Yuki 2" with some expressions involving only the mouth and lips. Note how they never crease the cheeks like a realistic expression would. This is a major feature in Anime expressions.

AnimeExpressions.jpg