• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What name would you prefer for the HiveWire Female Anime Figure?

What name would you prefer for the HiveWire Female Anime Figure?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes the Gen3/Genesis 3 issue drives me crazy as well, which is why I usually try to remember to write the words out so no one gets confused.

Cdl

Inspired
I would go Mitsuki, on a side note a reason to avoid Sora is it's a male character in the kingdom hearts games (the bonus of being a geek) but that would be great if a male anime character is made

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think "Asahi" is widely used as a company name all over Japan. It's the name of an important Japanese newspaper, and also the name of a major beer manufacturer, and so on. I have never seen it used as a person's name. "Asa" actually means morning. "Akatsuki" would be "dawn", but that's a male name. Here again, I have never met anyone called "Asa". Names meant for girls are typically ending with "ko" (little) or "mi" (beauty).

Sora is a common name used for both boys and girls, but mostly girls. It became more popular after a certain game character who bears that name.

Now full moon is actually "mangetsu" (満月). But since the Japanese writing system was imported from China, there are always at least 3 different ways to pronounce everything. So it can also be written "望月", which is pronounced "mochidzuki". I have never heard of "Mitsuki" referring to full moon, but I can tell that's a common name in Japan, though everyone I know with that name is male.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I think "Asahi" is widely used as a company name all over Japan. It's the name of an important Japanese newspaper, and also the name of a major beer manufacturer, and so on. I have never seen it used as a person's name. "Asa" actually means morning. "Akatsuki" would be "dawn", but that's a male name. Here again, I have never met anyone called "Asa". Names meant for girls are typically ending with "ko" (little) or "mi" (beauty).

Sora is a common name used for both boys and girls, but mostly girls. It became more popular after a certain game character who bears that name.

Now full moon is actually "mangetsu" (満月). But since the Japanese writing system was imported from China, there are always at least 3 different ways to pronounce everything. So it can also be written "望月", which is pronounced "mochidzuki". I have never heard of "Mitsuki" referring to full moon, but I can tell that's a common name in Japan, though everyone I know with that name is male.

Thanks for that Ken1171, I had originally chose Asahi - but after reading what you wrote I changed it to Sora. I had almost picked Sora to begin with though.

Leana

Enthusiast
I have never heard of "Mitsuki" referring to full moon, but I can tell that's a common name in Japan, though everyone I know with that name is male.
The main character of manga/anime "Full Moon wo sagashite" is a girl called Mistuki and it's supposed to mean "full moon", so there's at least her ;)

I agree about "Asa" though, Asako or Asami would work better. And Asahi is indeed a beer brand ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was more referring to real people, since even Rumiko Takahashi has named the protagonist of Inu Yasha "Kagome", which makes everyone giggle because that's the name of the most famous steak sauce brand in Japan, and that's really funny. In the same way, I have met girls called Johnny and also Tony, but we know those are usually meant for boys. It's possible but definitely odd. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
I was more referring to real people, since even Rumiko Takahashi has named the protagonist of Inu Yasha "Kagome", which makes everyone giggle because that's the name of the most famous steak sauce brand in Japan, and that's really funny. In the same way, I have met girls called Johnny and also Tony, but we know those are usually meant for boys. It's possible but definitely odd. :)
I've known girls name Tony and even went to school with a girl named Johnny, but their names were spelled differently. Same thing for that matter with Jean and Gene.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Also, famous old time actor John Wayne's real name is Marion, though ladies spell it Marian.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, considering the choices available, I don't think we'll have that problem. ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I almost went with Sora, too but chose Asahi, I tried to choose both but I could only pick one.
Asahi, to me sounds like a warrior chick, breaking necks with her hands.
Sora, to me sounds like the name of a hot chick that knows she is hot, breaking necks with her looks.
Asahi is one of Japan's beers. I drink too much of it while I am there...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Dusk and Dawn all happen in the sky, so if I have to choose from the list, I will go with Sora. I think it goes well with the HW figures name theme.