• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What morphs would you recommend?

James R.

Busy Bee
Howdy.

So I'm determined to finally make a go of Dawn. I was an early adopter when she was originally released, but the immediate needs of the kind of work I needed to do sent me back to V4. Essentially, I had to be expedient and use what I had at hand.

But! That was a long time ago now! :) There's a lot more stuff available for Dawn, and now the new SE version has been released. So I reckon I will give Dawn some work in a typical fantasy setting. Cool! I'm excited!

So my main question is, what face-morph packs should I get for her? I'm asking as someone who is used to how customizable V4 can be with the myriad morphs she has. What can I do with Dawn?

I see a couple of different packs here, including a merchant resource. I could splurge and buy all of them, but I'm getting married this summer :D so right now even $15 deserves some sober second thought. ;)

Any suggestions/favourites available here?

PS: Mods: if this is in the wrong place, please be my guest and relocate it. :)

Dawn Huntress 2 copy.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I would definitely go for the Head Morph Resource Kit: Head Morph Resource Kit for Dawn - A CG Cubed 3D Creation

and perhaps the body shapes: Dawn's Body Shapes - A HiveWire 3D Creation by CGCubed and Christopher Creek Art depending on how much morphing you want to do through dial spins on the body.

I don't own them for Dawn, but I do own both like sets for Dusk and they really extend the morph range for him.

I'm assuming you already have the Starter morphs for her, yes? They are a necessity. Dawn Starter Morphs - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
What kind of characters do you want to use Dawn to create? I know you mentioned fantasy but that can be pretty broad. If you need creatures the
Dawn's Creature Heads is a clear go to. Personally I really like VW's Faces of Asia II and Faces of Africa, these add a lot of options. If what you want are elf like morphs, there's a lot of great fae characters in the store, it really just depends on which ones suit the style you want the best. And if you want different ages, Diva is great not just for young kids, but can be dialed in part way to make other ages too.

James R.

Busy Bee
These are all great suggestions, thank you!

Primarily I want to be able to morph both large and small details to make her look like an individual, and I have no issue with spinning dials to do so. The more options I have, the better. :)

I will look into these suggestions -- as well as Faces of Asia and Faces of Africa, as I'd also like to be able diversify my characters.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome James R...some great suggestions already. Some I would add are Alexis by 3DUniverse and Willow. Also if you are looking at fantasy renders I would look at Xurge's Rogue outfit and also there is the outfit Mec4D did (sorry the name escapes me at the moment. Huntress??) Sorry braindead it's been a long week.

James R.

Busy Bee
Welcome James R...some great suggestions already. Some I would add are Alexis by 3DUniverse and Willow. Also if you are looking at fantasy renders I would look at Xurge's Rogue outfit and also there is the outfit Mec4D did (sorry the name escapes me at the moment. Huntress??) Sorry braindead it's been a long week.
I love Xurge's stuff. I've got a good selection of purchases for M4 and V4 - including the Rogue outfit. I'll look into starting a new wardrobe for Dawn. ;)

I just purchased Huntress for Dawn. :) That's a nice set! It's what she's wearing in the test render above.

I'll take a look at your other recommendations, too. Thanks!

James R.

Busy Bee
Well the Memorial Day Weekend sale sure arrived at the right time! Picked up several recommended items at a nice discount. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay...glad you've got the Huntress outfit. It's really well made...also for fantasy there is a good texture set for one of Shelley's sets that has a fantasy feel. Only just waking up as it's just turning 7am here but I'll try and find the links for you.

Congrats on picking some of the stuff up on sale...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No problem...just for me looks very contemporary initially but with the textures works great for fantasy renders.
Whisper and Divab copy.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...they're really good textures and they expand the usefulness of the original mesh.