• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is so special about Genesis?

sean_martin

Motivated
You know one of the things I've never liked about DAZ figures is the character morphs. Maybe it's just me, but I usually can't tell one from another unless the skin tone or racial features of the face change. They all tend to look alike to me. I can't say that about Dawn. Maybe it's because there aren't as many character morphs for her yet.

That's certainly true for the ladies: they all look like they come from the same family reunion. The guys, however, tend to stand apart — perhaps because there's so few of them — while the women are, for the most part, interchangeable. Sure, the textures make a difference, but take those away and you'll find that the faces do not vary all that much.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It stands to reason that textures alone will make a huge difference, even with the same character morph.
Oh I've done that a lot while testing for some vendors, as I don't want to bother with all the "other stuff" just to see if something's working. In fact, have done it often with Dawn, as I have a set from Sveva over at Renderosity that's just a character skin she created for Dawn (no morphs whatsoever), and I happen to really like it, as it makes Dawn look totally different than she looks out-of-the-box.