• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What happened and where we have been ...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome back Stezza & Welcome, Limnery (were you at the old forums under a different user name?)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm beginning to think this new Forum is an AI ! It seems to know me!??! :eek: I mean it takes me to where I LAST READ a post in a thread?!?! How does IT know that!??! So either AI or... :alien:!?! ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...sorry no can do...we were considering sending more to NZ. :lol:

Edited to add: They breed worse than rabbits...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
They surely do...and rabbits don't sit on the roof going "kah kah kah" in the middle of the night.

I just looked them up on Wikipedia. 'by the 1980s the peak population had reached an estimated 60-70 million. Through control measures, by 2009 the New Zealand population had been reduced to an estimated 30 million.' 30 million! Repatriation shall be my rallying cry when I stand for parliament!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately can't take them back due to the following:

While bovine tuberculosis is a problem in New Zealand possums, there is no evidence that Australian possums carry the disease. In fact Australia is tuberculosis free.

If we allow you to return them it would reintroduce tubercolis... I look forward to watching your speeches when you stand for parliament. Do you need a pr person? My daughters training to do pr at uni...she needs a job at the moment!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...

A quote I found that might amuse you....

Across the Tasman Sea, New Zealand is arguably reaping karma for importing brushtail possums for food and fur between 1837 and 1959. Now the possums are eating New Zealand.

This was posted in the Melbourne Age...

Lorraine

They are too. Very depressing seeing how much of our bush they are gobbling up. The only good possum is a...I leave it to your imagination.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
rofl...all jokes aside it seems there is almost as big a problem in Melbourne suburbs as New Zealand...same newspaper article:

There are much greater densities of brushtail and ringtail possums in metropolitan Melbourne than in the wild. Brushtail populations in many parks and inner-urban areas, including the Melbourne Zoo, Melbourne University and Royal Park, are around 15 per hectare, whereas their natural distribution is between one and four per hectare. In and around Curtain Square, North Carlton, a Yarra Council study counted 42 possums per hectare.

Lorraine

Good grief! And you are not allowed to deal with them, are you? At least we don't have THAT problem here.

Edit: We have 4 to 25 possums per hectare depending if they are near or in the bush.

Levanah

New-Bee
Hyia, I haven't been here in a while...sorry to hear what happened to you guys!! It takes the biscuit for sure! Lisa, so sorry for your loss and consequent health issues! You are a strong lady for sure having to have dealt with all of this! Here's to a great 2016 for all of us!!