• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

“We are all in this together.” Render Challenge

L'Adair

Enthusiast
Reconnecting

ReconnectingByLAdair.jpg

Without the distractions of outside commitments, this young couple reconnects with the magic of nature, even as they reconnect with each other.

Qualifying products include:
Beanstalk
Patio Set
Patio Set Accessories
Sora, for the head morph
Morning Dove, for the materials

RedPhantom

OK, just checking, but your render, when I downloaded it for inclusion in the gallery when the render challenge is over, and the judges have made their decisions, was named Zombie Dawn. I just want to make sure that's the full title you want for your entry.

Yeah. I didn't really have a good title for it.

Phoenix

Admirable
Taking An Autumn Walk
TakingAnAutumnWalkbyPhoenix.jpg

I used the beanstalk, Sora for Dawn, Sweat Pants for Baby Luna, a modified sugar and spice pose for Dawn, Creepier trees, and though you can't see it Dawn is also wearing the leotard part of the dazzling denim.

Thank you so much for all the cool items you provided. I have been enjoying them immensely.

I read in other posts that we were to say what it meant to us that we are all in this together. I don't know if this will make it in time for the challenge, though I hope so. It'll be my 3rd entry. However I wanted to share it either way. Yesterday I lost my 9 year old chihuahua ESA to an illness that veterinarians could not diagnose. I spent much of my funds since February of this year trying to save her. (managing to scrape together enough to finally get Dawn!) but now she is gone.

What it means to me that we are all in this together? We are all on Earth together. Whatever goes on we all experience sadness, and joy. We all feel. We all bleed. We can all lift each other up. And also, it's not just us but God and the angels are in this too. They see us when we cry and cry with us. They smile when we smile. So we really are all in this together. If you are not a believer in this as I, just disregard. I mean no insult or attack, etc. I'm just in grief and can imagine tears. And anyone else out there experiencing tears, I want to send you digital comforts. We are all in this together.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
So sorry about the loss of your furbaby, Phoenix
:grouphug:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I am also sorry about your loss, Phoenix. Times like this are never easy. :grouphug:

Oh, and your entry is in, as the Render Challenge doesn't end until midnight tomorrow.

Hi Phoenix,
I sympathize with you.
We lost our beloved little tomcat Timmy two weeks ago. 250 m away from home, run over by a car. He was only 1 year and 3 months old. He was our little boy, the only boy among three girls from the same litter (unfortunately his brother had not survived the birth). And now I have to stop, my tears are running again.
Feel hugged.

Phoenix

Admirable
Hi Phoenix,
I sympathize with you.
We lost our beloved little tomcat Timmy two weeks ago. 250 m away from home, run over by a car. He was only 1 year and 3 months old. He was our little boy, the only boy among three girls from the same litter (unfortunately his brother had not survived the birth). And now I have to stop, my tears are running again.
Feel hugged.
I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you back a digital hug. :grouphug:

Rosie D

Inspired
Small Acts Of Kindness by Rosie D

"We are all in this together" items:
Nouvelle Aube Studio by Satira Capriccio
Nouvelle Aube Décor by Satira Capriccio
Nissa for Dawn by Enchantment
Morgana for Dawn by Enchantment
Friends and Family - Sugar and Spice by Hai Gan
Morning Dove for Dawn by Flint_Hawk
Sora's Tenacity Action Wear by Chris Creek, CG Cubed
Dazzling Denim for Dawn by Napalm Arsenal, Sanbie
CWRW Rodrigo for Dusk by CWRW
Baby Luna's Expressions & Visemes by CG Cubed, Chris Creek
Patio Set by Fab3D
Patio Set Accessories by Lisa's Botanicals, kobaltkween
Beanstalk by Lisa's Botanicals

There are far too many to mention other items from my runtimes in this one - just ask if you are curious I'll try to track them down.

Thank you to Hive Wire for hosting this challenge and to the HW vendors for the amazing free and discounted items.
Thank you to Vendors throughout the 3D community for their inspiring products.

NB: Loik in this image is just being Loik. He insisted on climbing the tree. Inspite of his precarious position he did manage to hang on until the image had finished rendering. His friends carried out a largly successful rescue operation as soon as they were able to. He will, I am told, recover fairly quickly, infact I have been reliably informed that he is already plotting his next adventure.

SmallActsOfKindnessByRosieD.jpg

A gift of fruit, a gift of flowers, a smile a wave, a message of hope, small acts of kindness help the world go round.

Virtual Hugs All Round :grouphug:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, now that's one heck of a composition Rosie!! Very well done. :D

I wouldn't want to hazard a guess how long that would take to render, but then again, they could be a lot of small scenes composed together in postwork. Amazing!

Rosie D

Inspired
Thanks Miss B - It took 15 hours to render in Poser Superfly - Conversations took about 10 hours - No postwork on either of them - Only the lettering was postworked on Heart Song - the file size for Small Acts of Kindness was enormous, it took about 10 mins just to think about opening up in Poser.
I keep promising myself that I will work on something less complex, it was one of the reasons I started using 3D - I used to spend hours on paintings with knotwork and small details - I guess I have to finally own it as being 'my style' :cautious:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Thanks Miss B - It took 15 hours to render in Poser Superfly - Conversations took about 10 hours - No postwork on either of them - Only the lettering was postworked on Heart Song - the file size for Small Acts of Kindness was enormous, it took about 10 mins just to think about opening up in Poser.
I keep promising myself that I will work on something less complex, it was one of the reasons I started using 3D - I used to spend hours on paintings with knotwork and small details - I guess I have to finally own it as being 'my style' :cautious:

15 hours! wow

I would have quit after 10 minutes :D

but got to admire Poser & DS users for their extended patience :inverted: :sun: o_O

oh.. it is a great image by the way ;)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Lots of great images everyone. I was hoping to find time today to try to get something done, but it was an exhausting day of gathering chemicals for disposal, and sorting boxes of family memorabilia for disposal, and it has left me drained. I did not even make as much headway as I hoped.

Shanarah

Admirable
Good Luck everyone! I didn't get a chance to get anything done this time, though I still have ideas for the future. Thanks to all the vendors who offered free and discounted products again too! :)