• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Varnayrah's dancing colours at HiveWire3D

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thank you very much, you*re all so kind!

Here is another image to look at while waiting for it to pass QA^^
Winter AngelK.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Agreed. Looks great in the store. Well crafted and unique map variations.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Just to clarify; this claims to be Poser content because it's a texture set for a Poser dynamic outfit. The textures are actual textures? Or is it listed as Poser content because it uses Poser shader nodes.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just looked IN my zip, Jodel.... they are jpgs for texture, bump, etc. ! :) plus the mc6's of course.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, it's for a Poser dynamic product, but as Lyne says, there are textures for it as well.

FYI, at HiveWire, unless there are SPECIFIC DAZ Studio format files, we typically don't label anything as DAZ Studio compatible. Asking about it, as you are, Jodel, is the best way to find out about whether it might also be useable in DS.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, I don't mind asking. It would make sense that a texture add-on for a Poser dynamic outfit would be labeled Poser content. Even if someone is using it in Studio with one of the scripts.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
My products will always be labeled as poser-only because I don't come to grips with DAZStudio and I don't have the time to learn how to, I'm afraid. My shaders are not over-complex, though, so with some tweaking they might work in DAZStudio, too. Most of my textures are actual textures with .jpg's and all, but for metal parts I do actually use procedural shaders...

So, here is a preview of my last package before christmas^^ An approach on the Tenacity action wear, Stranger for Tenacity. This is the post-apocalyptic/steampunk set, but the package will have 6 options (5 texture sets, one of them comes with two colour variations) from sassy over sci-fi to sweet and dark/sombre/assassin-like, so I think it will be a quite versatile package. I'm at the moment in the process of making promos and packing up.

StrangerMain.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There are plenty of metal shaders for Studio, so as long as the metal parts have a matt zone then it's fine.

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Yes, when I use precedural shaders for metal parts, those have always their own mat zone. For example, in the Tenacity suit some of the trim mat zones use metal procedural shaders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very pretty Varnayrah. I like the soft look of the pink and grey colors.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oohhh I was HOPING someone would do materials for this outfit... so many zones, it makes my head spin... this is a MUST HAVE! :)

AND YAY FOR POSER USERS!! So often we get left in the dust of DS... so THANK YOU for being a poser person! ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Awe how cute for Valentine's Day!!

You know the way the suit is set up you could also do some really nice lingerie. Dawn could use a nice set for promo renders and the like!