• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Universal Anime Head

GhengisFarb

Motivated
Awesome, in the cart! I've been suggesting just making the heads to people for years now and have no idea why creators don't make them. PLEASE do more heads. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you @GhengisFarb! The idea of universal heads came from me getting tired of swapping figures that cannot wear the clothes I want, or the body lacking the morphs I need, or the head lacking the style or shapes I want. I have another head on the pipeline - the Universal Chibi Head that is specialized on the chibi and SD sub-styles - similar to your avatar. ^^

GhengisFarb

Motivated
Thank you @GhengisFarb! The idea of universal heads came from me getting tired of swapping figures that cannot wear the clothes I want, or the body lacking the morphs I need, or the head lacking the style or shapes I want. I have another head on the pipeline - the Universal Chibi Head that is specialized on the chibi and SD sub-styles - similar to your avatar. ^^
I've been using Cookie/Chip and Gumdrops on Hiro 3 and Aiko 3 bodies for years. I've also used the Cthulhu props from Poizen on Hiro 3 for a Cthulhu for the exact reason you stated, clothing, and I'm not alone a perfect example of this technique is the old comic Cuddles fof Cthulhu where one of Poizen's heads is on Freak's body, works great. All the expression is done with the body as the head is a static prop. Head ideas I'd love to see that there isn't an option currently for:

PacMan: just the round sphere with a huge mouth and eyes and expressions like your universal anime head. A fish head but with a lot of expressions and asymmetrical expression options, asymmetrical is a HUGE deal for expressions when it comes to conveying a mood.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@GhengisFarb Oh yes, asymmetric expressions are important indeed. I have split many of the expression controls in the Anime head, but Poser allows splitting any morph into left and right on the spot when needed, and DS has more recently added that functionality in version 4.9. Cookie's head is provided separately from the body, so it's easy to use it with other figures with very little effort. Unfortunately, her expressions are rather limited, and there is almost no face customization for creating more unique characters. With my upcoming Chibi head, it will be able to not only perform true Anime expressions, but also advanced ones not possible in any other Poser/DS figure. The eyes are rigged with a different method that improves over the current one from the Anime head. I have already showed some of them at the Dawn renders section. :)

@Art_of_Mind Thank you! Indeed, the DS version was a tough cookie because of the limitations and incompatibilities. I have tried my best. ^^

GhengisFarb

Motivated
@GhengisFarb Cookie's head is provided separately from the body, so it's easy to use it with other figures with very little effort. Unfortunately, her expressions are rather limited, and there is almost no face customization for creating more unique characters. With my upcoming Chibi head, it will be able to not only perform true Anime expressions, but also advanced ones not possible in any other Poser/DS figure. The eyes are rigged with a different method that improves over the current one from the Anime head. I have already showed some of them at the Dawn renders section. :)
Yep, totally agree, Cookie had little expression abilty (which is why I'm so happy to see your anime head). But I really hope you keep making more of these, I will gladly pay for a well done head as it allows me to instantly have a whole new character and all the clothing, poses that I already had without having to repurchase them!

akuei2

Inspired
Whee, good news and release today!
Damn my paypal payment is pending now !
So hated can't purchase immediately.
Wait me, my lover stuff !

Again, thank you Ken with a good jobs.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
loving this head!
uni-04.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I had a quick play in 3Delight...:D
I did do a texture for the head but for the life of me it wouldn't render in 3DL (I don't know much about it), I might have a go in Iray to see if I can get it to render there (just need some time)

Haha I was thinking on putting the head on kitty too, but you beat me to it! :D
I had more trouble trying to use MDL (iRay) than with 3DL (3Delight). So far I couldn't even figure out how to load a texture in MDL with Shader Mixer. LOL

loving this head!

Wow, that's so cute, and I LOVE your toon effect! ^___^

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
Huge props to Ken for the product and a great tut on how to use it :notworthy:

The only difficult part was the hair: finding a 'do that allowed all over scaling, then actually fitting it :coffee:

But after getting there and matching the skin, it's surprisingly painless: I intended to do a test render before tweaking the skin in Reality (where I render out to LuxRender) and found out it was set and forget :x3:

Here's the result after 45 minutes (actually looked pretty good at 20 but then I went to talk to my wife :inlove: )

Technical information: the boy in the gakuran on the left is Teen Jayden and the one on the right is Genesis 2 Male with the boy morph from The Six's Animated shapes ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hey, this one on the left reminds me of Larry Laffer, from the classic Sierra Online adventure games! :D. It's amazing the wide variety of character styles people have made with the universal head so far. And yet, all very different from the ones I have created myself. ^___^

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
Hey, this one on the left reminds me of Larry Laffer, from the classic Sierra Online adventure games! :D. It's amazing the wide variety of character styles people have made with the universal head so far. And yet, all very different from the ones I have created myself. ^___^

:roflmao::tantrum:

Leisure Suit Larry! That takes me way back :lol: