• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I decided to post this so that people can subscribe to it (top right of the thread - click on "Watch" and choose how you want to do so) now.

Renderosity is working on being able to transfer the products which were bought at HiveWire 3D that have been moved to Renderosity by the Contributing Artists over to your Renderosity accounts.

I have been told it will be a few weeks before they are ready for this - there WILL be something you will need to do for this to happen, so please keep an eye on this thread.

Information is in the next post:

Last edited:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, everyone -

Renderosity is getting ready to be able to put products that you bought at HiveWire (those which are being sold at Renderosity) into your Renderosity accounts.

They've been working very hard to get products in the store first, and they are not quite there yet.

PLEASE BE PATIENT - this is not going to happen overnight :)

Here is what YOU need to do for that to happen:

First, be sure you have an account at Renderosity. If not, you will need to create one.

You will need to know and fill out the name/member-user name/email information in the email template below. Your HiveWire information will be on any invoices you have printed or any emails you've gotten confirming purchases.

NOTE: DO NOT SEND YOUR HIVEWIRE USER NAME - those are only for the forums, not the store. Please use the name you had at the store :)

Send an email to
store@renderosity.com

SUBJECT LINE:
HiveWire Purchases

BODY (You can just copy and paste this, then add YOUR information as noted)

Hi - I would like my purchases from HiveWire 3D which are now being sold at Renderosity to be put in my Renderosity account.

My full name used at HiveWire's Store:
My email address used at HiveWire Store:

My member/user name at Renderosity:
My email address used at Renderosity:

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you Alisa!

Hope it's okay to mention this here but most of my products are live on Renderosity. There are a few that aren't but will be soon. Holideer will be released near Christmas next year.

Kerya

Brilliant
Thank you very much!

Stupid question: are all products transferred of the vendors that choose to transfer theirs? Because if there are some left, like Janet wrote, will they be added automagically or do we have to write another mail?

English Bob

Adventurous
Your HiveWire information will be on any invoices you have printed or any emails you've gotten confirming purchases.
I have a feeling I used a stupid made-up name. :D I always paid by PayPal, so my real name wasn't required, as it would be for a credit card. I have all my purchases backed up so it doesn't matter. I even downloaded all the DAZ Studio versions which I'd ignored at the time, in case I might need them later. ;)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome :)

Thank you very much!

Stupid question: are all products transferred of the vendors that choose to transfer theirs? Because if there are some left, like Janet wrote, will they be added automagically or do we have to write another mail?

No stupid questions, Kerya ;)

I THINK that the intention is to not start the customer transfer until all of the products are transferred.

I have a feeling I used a stupid made-up name. :D I always paid by PayPal, so my real name wasn't required, as it would be for a credit card. I have all my purchases backed up so it doesn't matter. I even downloaded all the DAZ Studio versions which I'd ignored at the time, in case I might need them later. ;)

Well, as long as you tell them the stupid made-up name you used, you should be good :). And they should be able to find you by the email address.

Part of the reason to transfer things is when people do updates to their products, which a lot of folks seem to be doing. One prime example is Ken Gilliland, who is still in the process of updating most of his products. Others are, as well, though.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Unfortunately there will be some purchases that won't transfer, because the artist who made the items aren't moving them to Rendo, which is sad but it is what it is.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Correct - it is only the products that are being moved to Renderosity that will be there.

They can't include products from artists who aren't vendors there :)

Hopefully that was clear to everyone from this

Renderosity is getting ready to be able to put products that you bought at HiveWire (those which are being sold at Renderosity) into your Renderosity accounts.

but if not, the way you phrased it should be ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I still have a few products transferred, but not active at Rendo because I wanted to repackage them into fewer pieces. However, I may not be able to do so in light of the HW purchase history being transferred to Rendo, which puts me in a conundrum. There hasn't been a discussion on how to handle repackaged products, or if Rendo would allow that. I have been wanting to repackage those for years, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity, or maybe not.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 I saw it discussed somewhere but I can't remember where.
I think it was greatly discouraged because people who purchased it before might not know its just a repackaged product and purchase it twice (which upsets people when they find out they already have it) as well as not being able to link the HW/Rendo item.

My best guess at a solution would still submit the product as it was in the HW store (I know you can't change the name but maybe the main promo pic could have bundle or collection added to it) and then repackage the pieces separately as new product but make it very clear they were/are part of a larger pack (maybe even link to the larger pack if possible and visa versa on the pack page), I know this might depend on the product but its the only thing I can think off.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Ken1171 I saw it discussed somewhere but I can't remember where.
I think it was greatly discouraged because people who purchased it before might not know its just a repackaged product and purchase it twice (which upsets people when they find out they already have it) as well as not being able to link the HW/Rendo item.

My best guess at a solution would still submit the product as it was in the HW store (I know you can't change the name but maybe the main promo pic could have bundle or collection added to it) and then repackage the pieces separately as new product but make it very clear they were/are part of a larger pack (maybe even link to the larger pack if possible and visa versa on the pack page), I know this might depend on the product but its the only thing I can think off.

Rendo allows making bundles, but they can only last for a month or so - they cannot be permanent. So the repacking could be offered occasionally, but it's a temporary thing.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Thank you very much for this helpfull form. But before I send it to Rendo please allow a maybe very stupid question (English isn't my foreign language). Full Name means first and last name, not our Username here, right? Thanks for your help again.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thank you very much for this helpfull form. But before I send it to Rendo please allow a maybe very stupid question (English isn't my foreign language). Full Name means first and last name, not our Username here, right? Thanks for your help again.

You're welcome :)

Correct - you want to use the name you used in the HiveWire store. We have user names for our forums, but our store was a separate log-in, and there were no user names there.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Rendo allows making bundles, but they can only last for a month or so - they cannot be permanent. So the repacking could be offered occasionally, but it's a temporary thing.
I didn't mean that kind of bundle, which is why I also suggested maybe the term "collection" for the existing product to differentiate between it and the smaller products you wanted to submit that uses items out of that "collection".

My thinking is Rendo wont be able to link new products up with the old HW purchases so if you do any updates people will need to buy it all again (most will not and you might have unhappy customers), but if you can link the old product with the Rendo one they will get any updates and be happy customers. You should still be able upload new products with fewer items but it would need to be made clear that they are the same that can be found in the old HW product. I don't know if I'm making any sense

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I didn't mean that kind of bundle, which is why I also suggested maybe the term "collection" for the existing product to differentiate between it and the smaller products you wanted to submit that uses items out of that "collection".

My thinking is Rendo wont be able to link new products up with the old HW purchases so if you do any updates people will need to buy it all again (most will not and you might have unhappy customers), but if you can link the old product with the Rendo one they will get any updates and be happy customers. You should still be able upload new products with fewer items but it would need to be made clear that they are the same that can be found in the old HW product. I don't know if I'm making any sense

You are making perfect sense, thanks! I didn't think of that. I can submit the products as they are, AND also offer repackaged bundle versions as new products, making sure people know they are the same products as the ones offered separately. This way everybody is happy. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Me too, and I got a reply that stated my inquiry has been forwarded to Renderosity's Marketplace Manager for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.